PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning deserves props

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton Manning: 0 TDs after Tabletgate.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: TBR
No, our guy sucked worse. Peyton did what he had to win the game. Our guy did not. If we can't appreciate what doing "just enough" to win without making it pretty, then maybe we need to revisit what made the 2001 Pats so special.

So it was Brady's fault they missed a PAT? Which made them have to go for 2. It was Brady's fault he got them into scoring position with 6 minutes and 2 minutes left and BB opted to go for it on 4th down instead of taking the 6 points? Which if you take both FGs it's 20-18 and Pats only need a FG to win.

Manning was Manning. ********. His defense murdered our o-line. Up next Carolina! This will be Superbowl 48 all over again for the donks.

Manning was Manning. ********. His defense murdered our o-line. Up next Carolina! This will be Superbowl 48 all over again for the donks.
I hope you are right...

I'LL GO THIS FAR:

I will give him props that he didn't screw this game up for them. For the win though, it all goes to their defense, I think its the best defense we've seen since the Bucs and Ravens defenses of the early 2000's.

He played okay, better than Brady, although that wasn't that hard on this evening. The Broncos offense was still predictable thanks to the play calling. They deserved it I guess but the Super Bowl will be another 50-50 game.

for winning. For making it to the Super Bowl in what may be the final chapter of a storied career.

your props should to osweiller who got them the winning record while the forehead was getting high on HGH. Without Osweiler getting them those wins, especially the one against us (tie breaker), forehead wouldn't even make it to the playoffs.

He deserves props for not turning the ball over and i'm not being bitter when i say this but the winner of Arizona-Carolina could win the Super Bowl by 4 touchdowns, the Broncos offense can't score points.

And Peyton when he has to throw especially against those defenses is gonna throw picks.
They might lose.. But if it is by more than two scores it will be turnovers.. Their defense is NOT getting trampled..

I'm going to give him his props. He's a great quarterback who despite his age and physical problems put two td's on the board for his team. He doesn't have the arm he used to but he's got a phd in football and still throws a nice touch pass. The guy was in a new system. If he is still playing his system, he's still a very very dangerous quarterback. There I said it.

So it was Brady's fault they missed a PAT? Which made them have to go for 2. It was Brady's fault he got them into scoring position with 6 minutes and 2 minutes left and BB opted to go for it on 4th down instead of taking the 6 points? Which if you take both FGs it's 20-18 and Pats only need a FG to win.

Let's not look at everything in a vacuum. It was not Brady's "fault" (entirely) that we lost.
But, just like Brady gets credit for making it to 6 SB's...I give Manning credit for his accomplishment.

To answer your question:
No, Brady does not hold or kick PAT. But hung the D out the dry repeatedly. He was rushed, unnerved, and frankly, scared most of the game. That does not mean I don't love him. We HAD to go for 2 because we chose not to go for 3 on 2 other occasions. It has very little to do with missing the PAT.
BTW - I COMPLETELY agree we made the wrong decisions on those 2 drives by going for it. I think you and are likeminded on that. I just prefer to tip my hat to Manning and move on (and cheer the F against him in 2 weeks!)

17/32 176 yards...5.5 average

The Panthers are going to MURDER this doctor molester in San Francisco.

We've all seen this movie before.

Manning deserves props, for what? Goodell is gifting him a ring for his retirement. Count me out for this SB. It's clear, the Patriots, especially Brady and the coaches, were stinking the joint up on purpose.

This will more likely lead to the Cardinals making a SB appearance because their match up with Denver have a lot more interesting storylines, than Carolina vs Denver. Denver is going to win, regardless, so...

Damn right. TB knew it. Knew that the gameplan was junk but he's a company guy. You could see by his demeanor. No rub routes. No screens. The offense was so easy to gameplan for that the Broncos seemed to know plays before they happened. They didn't play they way that got them there.

I'm of the firm belief that every team has skeletons in the closet. The offense gameplan made me believe the NFL said somethong behind the scenes. Those 4th downs instead of field goals is the difference. The D was destroying Denver. Take the points. He disrespected the D as well in my opinion.

your props should to osweiller who got them the winning record while the forehead was getting high on HGH. Without Osweiler getting them those wins, especially the one against us (tie breaker), forehead wouldn't even make it to the playoffs.

Sure. I can share props with him. I am not going to touch the HGH story. Nobody wants to pursue it, including the news source that broke it. If someone has the ability to get tracking numbers and revive the story, I'd love to bring it back. But until then, we sound like a bunch of whiners. Anyway - if you take away props from Manning, isn't it kind of like taking away props from Brady in 2001 because Bledsoe rallied us in Pittsburgh (he actually played average but the team and Special Teams were huge)?

We lost. We were outplayed and outcoached. The only group that should hold their heads high is our awesome defense.

Last edited:
Sure. I can share props with him. I am not going to touch the HGH story. Nobody wants to pursue it, including the news source that broke it. If someone has the ability to get tracking numbers and revive the story, I'd love to bring it back. But until then, we sound like a bunch of whiners. Anyway - if you take away props from Manning, isn't it kind of like taking away props from Brady in 2001 because Bledsoe rallied us in Pittsburgh (he actually played average but the team and Special Teams were huge)?

We lost. We were outplayed and outreached. The only group that should hold their heads high is our awesome defense.

Fair enough, forget about the HGH story. Manning is still getting credit for much ado about nothing. I can totally see Osweiller cursing internally for the lack of recognition he's been getting for the past couple of weeks, for actually doing better than Manning, and carrying that team into the playoffs.

manning sucked, we stopped their running game except for one huge run

and still lost because the offense flopped in the playoffs again. sounds familiar.

**** you peyton. cant believe we've lost three straight title games to this guy. unbelievable...

Fair enough, forget about the HGH story. Manning is still getting credit for much ado about nothing. I can totally see Osweiller cursing internally for the lack of recognition he's been getting for the past couple of weeks, for actually doing better than Manning, and carrying that team into the playoffs.

Manning is getting credit because he considered to be one of the 2 greatest QB of all time in most circles. He was in the head of Belichick for many years (4th and 2). He has now handed me 2 of the 4 most gut wrenching losses in recent memory (2006, 2015). There is a lot of "cred" there...so he gets it.
It's ok. If we didn't want to see this, we should have won today. It would have shut everyone up. He would have gone out with a whimper...but now, win or lose the SB...he will go out into the sunset (for those who love him).

Manning is getting credit because he considered to be one of the 2 greatest QB of all time in most circles. He was in the head of Belichick for many years (4th and 2). He has now handed me 2 of the 4 most gut wrenching losses in recent memory (2006, 2015). There is a lot of "cred" there...so he gets it.
It's ok. If we didn't want to see this, we should have won today. It would have shut everyone up. He would have gone out with a whimper...but now, win or lose the SB...he will go out into the sunset (for those who love him).

Manning doesn't deserve anything, especially not this year. He played like absolute crap early on, and did nothing since he got back. Osweiller and that defense carried him over the finish line. They just enjoyed a cakewalk schedule, and in two weeks from today, that cakewalk schedule will be over. Panthers will send him to retirement with another Superbowl loss.

Didn't Manning get enough unjustified ball washing tonight from Nanz and Simms? Do we really need a thread on Patsfans too?

Don't be petty. As limited as his skills are now, he moved the ball, built a lead and didn't give it away. Sum***** even ran for a first.

To me, if you're going to gloat at accomplishments, you have to give props too.

Of course the defenses ruled, but our offense sucked when we could have done something. A win's a win and a QB deserves credit for game managing.

Don't be petty. As limited as his skills are now, he moved the ball, built a lead and didn't give it away. Sum***** even ran for a first.

To me, if you're going to gloat at accomplishments, you have to give props too.

Of course the defenses ruled, but our offense sucked when we could have done something. A win's a win and a QB deserves credit for game managing.

Hell no. Why wasn't Chung on Daniels? If they had employed their D personnel appropriately in the 1st quarter, there would be at least 8 less Denver points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down