PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mankins at Left Tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflexblue

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I thought he played an excellent game replacing Solder. Thuggs beat him badly to get a sack, but for the most part he more than held his own. I wouldn't be worried with him playing that position for the rest of the year if he has to if he can play like that every week.

He just plays smarter than Solder at the position. Obviously Solder is much more gifted but he checks out sometimes.

Just on what he has done and a guy who stays healthy for the most part. I would say Logan Mankins have earned that 10Mill Cap hit next year.

Agreed. Brady seemed pretty confident of his play at that spot as well. Solder would not have performed any better IMO. Man the Raven defensive front is GIGANTIC. The punishing blocks and runs just gassed them.

The line played great yesterday. Keep solder on the bench.

Thought Kline did very well at LG, considering who he was up against and Wendell had his best game of the year

Thought Kline did very well at LG, considering who he was up against and Wendell had his best game of the year

I thought klines whiffs last game were in part due to just being put in at that time. Almost like he wasn't really prepared, but I bet he was yesterday.

Yesterday a lot was about coaching. They had a lot FB/TE sets and committment was to run the ball and patriots played from ahead which helped the banged up Oline a lot.

Mankins did a good job filling in yesterday, but this OL is at its best with Mankins at LG and Solder at LT. Solder has been playing fine at LT save a few mistakes that happened on noticeable plays. Yes, he hasn't elevated his play to an elite LT like many hoped for, but he is still very solid. People are just getting on his case like they did to Matt Light early in his career whenever he screwed up. I remember more than a few posts / threads over the years calling for BB to bench or get rid of Light. Good thing those critics never got their way.

The line played great yesterday. Keep solder on the bench.

I missed most of the game yesterday but with that solid a performance perhaps the line is better off with Solder elsewhere on the line, maybe Mankins should stay at LT and put Solder on the right.

I thought klines whiffs last game were in part due to just being put in at that time. Almost like he wasn't really prepared, but I bet he was yesterday.

People are overstating how many "whiffs" Kline against the Dolphins. A lot of them actually looked to either be a missed assignment by Wendell or a bad blocking scheme call in general.

Also, do you really think BB would've played a guy who wasn't "prepared"? More likely, it just took Wendell, Kline, and Mankins some time to get in sync with one another. Remember that Wendell was used to having Mankins next to him all season, training camp, and off season practices.

Not sure what you were watching, but Wendell whiffed on stunts three times by my count, and that's without the ability to see the All-22. He was once again the weak link on an OL that otherwise played as solid as it has all season. I don't have issue with Kline at LG and Mankins at LT, going forward, if that's how they're going to play every week.

Not sure what you were watching, but Wendell whiffed on stunts three times by my count, and that's without the ability to see the All-22. He was once again the weak link on an OL that otherwise played as solid as it has all season. I don't have issue with Kline at LG and Mankins at LT, going forward, if that's how they're going to play every week.

Exactly. Wendell is the guy that appears to be the weak link on the OL. All season, he has been way below average at identifying any "exotic" pass rushing schemes / moves (especially stunts). He also has had problems with blocking big DTs (310+ lbs) although that's not really surprising since he is a bit on the smaller side.

Wendell may be a decent reserve with his versatility. However, in the offseason, hopefully BB looks to upgrade the center position through FA or the draft.

Solder is not getting moved or benched. When healthy he's the starter at LT.

That said I thought (save the Suggs sack) Mankins played a heckuva game.

Solder is being garbage this season, if he doesn't have an injury then I'm seriously concerned.

Mankins did really an excellent job against the vultures.

Solder is not getting moved or benched. When healthy he's the starter at LT.

That said I thought (save the Suggs sack) Mankins played a heckuva game.

The Suggs sack happens to LT's from time to time. In all, Mankins absolutely mauled him all throughout the game.

In this thread: More undeserved Solder trashing

Apparently you have to be playing out of position for a fantastic game at left tackle to get noticed. Solder has had quite a few games this season that were better than what Mankins did yesterday.

Dante Scarnecchia is an amazing coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe