PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man flees burning home in California wildfires and only has time to grab one thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
But he made it out safely, with his Tom Brady jersey. His home then burned up and he lost everything else.

"The only thing I grabbed out of my house on the morning of November 8 as The Camp Fire in Paradise, CA consumed the entire town, was my Tom Brady #12 Game Jersey!" Christian wrote. "I lost everything... (GO PATRIOTS)."

brady1.jpg

Tom Brady hoping to send ball to California fan who saved jersey from fire

Brady responded on instagram and is sending him more memorabilia

"So many heart wrenching stories of loss from my home state...but you're crazy Christian!" Brady said. "Can anyone get me an address to send a ball to go with the jersey?"

Maybe Kraft can fly this poor guy to Boston?

really? that's all he could carry was a single jersey?

A ball is pretty cool. The guy can sell it and make some money back to build his new home.

Not sure what to say about that story. Sad mostly..

Its a real problem. My brother once lost most of his clothes to a fire. Showed up to the game the next week with no Jersey.

He should have saved the beer.

I think i would have saved the family and bought a new Brady jersey.

Honestly, depending when he learned the fire was heading his way, he's lucky to have had time to grab anything and escape in time.

Regards,
Chris

He seems rather excited to post this "news" to social media and presumably hope it goes viral.

He seems rather excited to post this "news" to social media and presumably hope it goes viral.
Right.. like what is real message here, at the risk of over thinking...? My other thought was really? Seriously? What about the blow up doll and the undies..? ;):D

really? that's all he could carry was a single jersey?
I live an hr away from the Camp fire and was also affected this year by the Carr fire in my hometown. I’ve got co-workers in the Camp Fire who were unable to grab anything. I was on the phone with one as her car broke down while she was attempting to flee. People got out of their cars because of the traffic jam and just ran for their lives. My assistant manager has two sons that lost their homes. Got out with nothing. Lost everything. We’re talking movie levels of destruction and insanity. My business has been slammed with clients who have very similar stories. Some much more tragic than others. Incredibly scary ****.

I live an hr away from the Camp fire and was also affected this year by the Carr fire in my hometown. I’ve got co-workers in the Camp Fire who were unable to grab anything. I was on the phone with one as her car broke down while she was attempting to flee. People got out of their cars because of the traffic jam and just ran for their lives. My assistant manager has two sons that lost their homes. Got out with nothing. Lost everything. We’re talking movie levels of destruction and insanity. My business has been slammed with clients who have very similar stories. Some much more tragic than others. Incredibly scary ****.

I moved to san diego as the 2003/4 fires were ravaging southern California. I knew well enough to be ready to move at a moments notice. I don't know where this guys house was, but if it wasn't hit on the first day, he had enough time to grab more then a jersey.

I moved to san diego as the 2003/4 fires were ravaging southern California. I knew well enough to be ready to move at a moments notice. I don't know where this guys house was, but if it wasn't hit on the first day, he had enough time to grab more then a jersey.
Yeah, not sure where the first day comment is coming from. 90% of the town, and several other outlying small towns were gone before the day was over. The whole town was evacuated. Either way, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. I know you didn’t mean anything malicious by your comment. I was just trying to highlight the fact that he probably really couldn’t get anything else. I think it’s a great story, and love the fact that the man is able to find humor in the situation.

Poor Pooch didn't make the cut. Sports fans have issues.

Yeah, not sure where the first day comment is coming from. 90% of the town, and several other outlying small towns were gone before the day was over. The whole town was evacuated. Either way, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. I know you didn’t mean anything malicious by your comment. I was just trying to highlight the fact that he probably really couldn’t get anything else. I think it’s a great story, and love the fact that the man is able to find humor in the situation.
Wild fires are really scary.. can you run faster than the wind and tornadoes caused by the intense heat.? Then fire can jump cuz hot embers are airborne... Everything is flammable and dry. Horrible . All your stuff . An entire town.. talk about bad luck.. and just like hurricane losses. They probly just rebuild in same spot... Hmmm

Last edited:
Honestly, depending when he learned the fire was heading his way, he's lucky to have had time to grab anything and escape in time.

Regards,
Chris
A blue jersey...that and every other blue and road elvis jersey can go up in flames for me.

If it were our red (real) jersey? Forget the pooch, the wife, the gold.

Priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back