PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malik Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I think he’d be an interesting reclamation project. Probably will take a 1 year deal. Could help solidify the middle of the defense.

He was not the same player he used to be in Denver,that is for sure. He is 29 and I believe he has got something left in the tank so employing him would be an interesting option. However drafting DL in the draft is still my priority.

I don't think there's any reclamation to be done. He's going to get paid, just not by Jacksonville.

He's in his Richard-Seymore-3rd-contract year. 1-year prove it? No way.

He'll get 3 or 4 years, I believe, with a substantial AAV.

He's in his Richard-Seymore-3rd-contract year. 1-year prove it? No way.

He'll get 3 or 4 years, I believe, with a substantial AAV.
Had a rough year last year, so not impossible he gets the one year deal. Reminds me of the Suh situation last year. Mo Wilkerson as well.

Had a rough year last year, so not impossible he gets the one year deal. Reminds me of the Suh situation last year. Mo Wilkerson as well.

Suh is a good comparison, except for the obvious baggage he brings. In terms of on-the-field value, though, they're probably close, at least from everything I've seen - middle top-10 DTs.

Suh, with all those distractions, got a "prove-it deal for what? 14million?

Suh is a good comparison, except for the obvious baggage he brings. In terms of on-the-field value, though, they're probably close, at least from everything I've seen - middle top-10 DTs.

Suh, with all those distractions, got a "prove-it deal for what? 14million?
Suh has also played at a higher level over the years than Jackson. Sounds like Jackson also had some problems in the lockeroom himself last year. (Granted that whole team was a mess)

Suh has also played at a higher level over the years than Jackson. Sounds like Jackson also had some problems in the lockeroom himself last year. (Granted that whole team was a mess)

Hey, I hope you're right - I'd love him in the middle of the Pats' line, between Flowers and Bennett.

I'll still be shocked if he goes anywhere on a 1-year, or anywhere for less than 12+AAV, probably more like 14.

Malik Jackson is not your average DT he can get to the QB. I'm in favor. :cool:

Hey, I hope you're right - I'd love him in the middle of the Pats' line, between Flowers and Bennett.

I'll still be shocked if he goes anywhere on a 1-year, or anywhere for less than 12+AAV, probably more like 14.
That’s the thing. Doubt we can bring him in if we bring back Flowers. This would be more of a potential scenario if we lose Flowers.

He was not the same player he used to be in Denver,that is for sure. He is 29 and I believe he has got something left in the tank so employing him would be an interesting option. However drafting DL in the draft is still my priority.

I thought Denver's defense took a bit of a drop off in 2016 once Malik Jackson signed with Jacksonville. With that said, I have no idea how he's played since then.

He should still get around 10 million per year.

Maybe the rams pick him up as a cheaper replacement to suh.

A fan of adding this beast, but likely too expensive. Future Colt, or Jete, or other team on a spree.

Muhammad Wilkerson on a 1 year deal would likely be much cheaper.

Malik to the Eagles. Nvm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes