PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler released by the Titans

They ran a program there where you aren't allowed to punch an assistant coach after the coach gives you **** for getting wasted at a party the night before the SB and it really took some of the fire out of Butler's game.

These are some pretty serious unsubstantiated allegations you're claiming. Reminds me of the same wild posts during the Superbowl saying Butler was on drugs with zero proof. What a smear campaign.

Did we ever learn why he was benched for the bowl?

If Brady goes into 2019 as a 7-time champ, and is the first to ever 3peat...this timeline doesn't exist.

original.gif

I will never understand the delight some Patriots "fans" seem to get from watching Butler struggle. Pretty embarrassing but I came to the realization long ago this fanbase is petty and isn't that bright.

Butler wasn’t very great in Tennessee but I thought he could’ve been worse. Tennessee continued to start him during all that time.

He was about what he was here in 2017. Overachiever, very competitive so he would make plays, but his limitations often just left him with his arms flailing around half of the time.

In a heartbeat...

Hes no longer (if he ever was) a lockdown corner but knows the defense and is a good dude.
There are a bunch of Patriots' alumni being released and I'd welcome back any of the following to join OT Trent Brown if they can make the money work: DB Malcolm Butler, DL Adrian Clayborn, WR Emanuel Sanders, LB Kyle Van Noy.

Jimmy G is the big one, but he'll require a trade. I remain a fan of Mitch Trubisky as a great QB fit for what Josh does.

There are a bunch of Patriots' alumni being released and I'd welcome back any of the following to join OT Trent Brown if they can make the money work: DB Malcolm Butler, DL Adrian Clayborn, WR Emanuel Sanders, LB Kyle Van Noy.

Jimmy G is the big one, but he'll require a trade. I remain a fan of Mitch Trubisky as a great QB fit for what Josh does.
Clayborn was ok here. Decent rotational guy. Hes near the end.

We are in a rebuild. I don't really want too many old guys coming back. Zero interest in Clayborn and Van Noy and minimal interest in Butler and Sanders. We need to get younger and signing progress blockers isn't the way.

With Bill, you never know, but I am pretty confident that Butler will not be coming back and playing here anytime soon.

He will always be a favorite of mine, just because of that one play, but I don't see him coming back.

They ran a program there where you aren't allowed to punch an assistant coach after the coach gives you **** for getting wasted at a party the night before the SB and it really took some of the fire out of Butler's game.
No way he suits up for that game if that happened. Team cuts him immediately imo

PFF graded Malcolm #15 among CB this season, for what it's worth. Highest since 2016 (#6).

20210311_102019.jpg

We are in a rebuild. I don't really want too many old guys coming back. Zero interest in Clayborn and Van Noy and minimal interest in Butler and Sanders. We need to get younger and signing progress blockers isn't the way.

The Patriots are going to be spending some real money on offense in free agency at QB, WR and OL. The defense needs only a couple of players to elevate it from a very good unit to an elite unit.

My guess is they bring back their own DL free agents - Lawrence Guy (31), Dietrich Wise (27) and maybe Adam Butler (27) who will be the most costly. I think they'll draft one DL with one of the top 4 picks, maybe even #1 if the right nose tackle is on the board. Otherwise the defense is loaded with young guys on good deals. Adding Hightower and Van Noy (at the right price) restores the LB group to elite level, Butler, at 31, will be affordable and a plug and play. The secondary is set unless they trade Gilmore for a QB. As @robertweathers says above, Clayborn was/is a good rotational veteran. If what Mayo and Belichick the younger continue with an "amoeba" defense, there's always room for veterans who can fill gaps or come off the edge.

No way he suits up for that game if that happened. Team cuts him immediately imo
I'm almost 100% certain fnord is joking. It's incredible how ppl (not you) don't get it when posters are trying to bring some levity into the forum. People should stop taking an online forum so seriously imo.

The Patriots are going to be spending some real money on offense in free agency at QB, WR and OL. The defense needs only a couple of players to elevate it from a very good unit to an elite unit.
You're not serious. Are you?

You're not serious. Are you?
The #1 defense in the NFL last year allowed 18.5ppg.

The standard for elite isn't very high.

Can we count the week that Sanders agreed to the Pats' RFA offer before the Steelers matched it as Sanders being a former Patriot?

PFF graded Malcolm #15 among CB this season, for what it's worth. Highest since 2016 (#6).

View attachment 31031

Even when Malcolm Butler went to the freaking pro bowl as a Patriot you had irrational haters here. We have a Superbowl Ring all because of what Butler did on the goal line. The Seahawks win that game no question without the greatest miracle play in Patriots history.

I'm starting to warm up to, I think @robertweathers suggestion of even moving on from existing older guys like High, Chung, Cannon, etc. to free up even more cap space.

Imagine having $90M going into a free agency and being able to fill in DL, DE, LB, WR, TE, S, with younger veteran talent. Full on rebuild but with proven talent. Then team would only be a QB away from another SB run.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back