PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF he was caught with weed, and went off on the coaches when he was told her was going to sit, then you cannot play him.

But, apparently you can have him dressed up at the bench and ready to play if someone goes down? Well, our defensive scheme went down in the 1st half.
Belichick could have made him inactive and explained he was not responding well to the treatment, whatever. That would be the best route to avoid the fallout. If a guy cant play because he is not ready, you have to send somebody else in. C`est la vie.

Who knows whether it was on the field or off the field, but that basically has to be the explanation. I can't see any other reason for going from 100% of snaps against JAX to 0%.

pull what crap? BB said it wasn't discipline so that might be a lie.......but he also said he played people that gave them the best chance to win.....which I believe is a lie

butler would have covered agholor, not smith

Agoholor is their best wr. Gilmore is our best man cover guy. People got mad at me when i said bb conceded to gilmore’s man cover preference. Butler is better agaisnt shorter wrs and better in zone than man.

We would have won the game if my gameplan was used from snap 1.

ou owe it to the other players on the team, who have put it all out there all season long, just to get you to the big stage, and you 5hit all over them and the whole fan base, because you want to 'teach the guy a lesson'?!?! - REALLY?!?! :mad:
this is why there has to be more to it i feel

Well neither you or I know, so I have to go off what the HC says.
Of course. BB says it was a football decision which gave them the best chance to win and Patricia says the packages they used did not include Malcolm. We can sit here be content with that response.

The problem is there is no way in hell this is the only reason.

Agoholor is their best wr. Gilmore is our best man cover guy. People got mad at me when i said bb conceded to gilmore’s man cover preference. Butler is better agaisnt shorter wrs and better in zone than man.

We would have won the game if my gameplan was used from snap 1.

no.....jefferey is their best WR

smith is their 3rd target but not their slot guy

agholor is absolutely who butler would have covered

What we do know is his level of play was not at 2016 and 2015 level.

I would suspect they had the Jamie Collins radar up and Malcolm convinced them he was cool.

Based on what happened last night I wonder....

When did he show up teammates? I don't remember that one?

The story is he sought medical care for flu-like symptoms Sun night and Mon and arrived in MN on Tue.

Just weird

What if he made up the flu like symptoms if he knew he was not going to start vs philly’s taller wrs?

Who gets the flu and then, 3 days later goes on a bender?

Of course. BB says it was a football decision which gave them the best chance to win and Patricia says the packages they used did not include Malcolm. We can sit here be content with that response.

This I’ll agree with.

pull what crap? BB said it wasn't discipline so that might be a lie.......but he also said he played people that gave them the best chance to win.....which I believe is a lie

butler would have covered agholor, not smith
That' Just BB speak, he's never going to throw a player under the bus but MB did something serious enough to warrant sitting. He must have done something after the inactive list was submitted or he would have been on it. He must have broke one of BB's cardinal rules. Why isn't anyone blaming MB for not putting the team first?

Butler had been getting burned throughout the year as the starting LCB but he was still probably the best slot corner they had.

Sure it could be. I was screaming at him 2 weeks ago as he got torched AGAIN and again. He's had a horrible year and I think all of the trade talk got in his head as well as playing for a new contract. He just was not the same player this year that he has been in prior years.

no.....jefferey is their best WR

Disagree. One trick pony with deep routes only. A bust in chicago and bb took him out in 2015, with ease. Big guy, strong, but one dimensional, so you bracket him with rowe.

It is the mike wallace gameplan. Take your 2nd best cb with size and take away the top, so the qb never likes the look, which then allows you to drill down on his main #1 read, in ertz.

Gilmore would have taken out agolohor

What if he made up the flu like symptoms if he knew he was not going to start vs philly’s taller wrs?

Who gets the flu and then, 3 days later goes on a bender?

The Barrett Robbins of CBs....Malcolm Butler.

Based on last night all possible scenarios are on the table for speculation and consideration.

Butler had been getting burned throughout year as the starting LCB but he was still probably the best slot corner they had.

Jonathan jones was our best but the problem is, philly does not have a token slot wr. Hence, partially why if butler started, their weakest wr, torrey smith, should have been his. But, whoever took out smith (bademosi or mccourty?), did a great job off camera.

Sure it could be. I was screaming at him 2 weeks ago as he got torched AGAIN and again. He's had a horrible year and I think all of the trade talk got in his head as well as playing for a new contract. He just was not the same player this year that he has been in prior years.
There is no doubt he was not as good as he was in 2016.

With that said I don't think he was a bad as you are characterizing him and enough to play friggan Badmonsi over him.

Please come up with a better scenario and reason why he was frozen out of the Super Bowl.

Maybe Bill just ****ed up. Why is that so hard for some people to believe? Bill can be the greatest coach and still make coaching mistakes. Its not the first time its happened. He game planned incorrectly and took a gamble that was wrong. I know its hard to believe but why not just take what he says at face value instead of trying to find out what Malcolm did wrong when by all (credible) accounts he didn't do anything wrong other than maybe have a poor practice or warm up. You'd think with these 'rumors' someone credible would have had something to corroborate but instead they are saying the same thing Belichick is saying. They game planned without Butler in practice and decided at game time he would not start.

People are so desperate to grasp at straws that Butler had to have broken a rule or did something illegal when the reality is that it was likely just a poor game plan that backfired and screwed us. My only issue is the adjustments they did make were not enough and they should have at least tried to have Butler in the game.

Personally I think even if the weed/curfew/meltdown rumor is true, how this whole situation was handled still sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back