PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about that one!

Yeah and we lost and jones did squat. That kind of selfishness is not cool.

Anyone thinking would have offset the wrong matchups and scheme, is delusional. He has been mostly down all year, jumping routes and trying to pad stats for free agency.

Also been huge suggestions he has been a problem since bb signed gilmore. Apparently, this problem couldn’t be bottled up by butler even through sb weekend.

Butler playing does not likely change the outcome. Torrey smith did nothing. The mistake was not giving rowe help with harmon and moving chung off ertz to agoholor.

Gilmore would have taken out agoholor from snap 1, flowers on clement (great coverage on the incomplete pass ruled an0 td), chung on ertz, mccourty moved all around and play more at the line for blitzes, help in support, etc.

Bb is the greatest ever but he and patricia over-analyzed (sometimes a bb flaw), and it cost them.

he would not have covered smith, he would have covered agholor......they tried to cover agholor with safeties......and failed.....I disagree that Butler would not have made a difference....CBs always cover better than safeties

Anyone who thinks that playing Butler wouldn’t have affected the outcome is ON CRACK. The defense needed to make just ONE FREAKING STOP on 3rd/4th down in the entire second half. ONE. You mean to tell me that Butler wouldn’t have helped the defense make ONE SINGLE STOP in an entire half of football? If he makes ONE PLAY it’s an improvement over what we saw. So Give me a break.

Which is why it only makes sense if Malcolm was dogging it in practice and his pre-game preparation was sub-standard.

It was never argued or discussed that Chandler Jones had bad practices leading up to the KC game. Nor was it argued he did some illegal.

Keep in mind, BB was DC for the greatest OLB of all-time and who repeatedly showed up drunk, stoned and with women panties on. The difference is he always practiced hard, played hard and knew the game plan.

The man will cut players slack as long as they are doing their job.

Something tells me Malcolm wasn't doing his job.

Come on now, the guy is set to become a free agent, about to make millions and millions of dollars if he plays well in the biggest game of his career with the entire world watching. I doubt he dogged it in practice, guy has too much heart and pride to do that. If he didn’t care or was dogging it he wouldn’t have been crying his eyes out pregame in front of the world.

Curious, have you ever had family that were left brain dead due to an accident or anything? It's a degrading statement

Not when you're saying the GOAT coach in the history of the game should be fired for one bad decision amongst a multitude of excellent ones. That's a brain dead statement and the description is apt.

Haven't seen this mentioned either, but him crying during the Anthem portends a player who is unstable emotionally, at least at that point in his life.
Hot take alert.

The kid has played every game all season long and almost every defensive snap.

To sit him, without reason, in the biggest game of the season, with a championship on a line is nonsense.

If you can’t empathize with him, then I have nothing else to tell ya.

Bb should have had harmon over the top all night with rowe on jeffery, like i said.

Funny how when i clearly state my gameplans, bb does not do it, and we lose. Bb is not perfect and this is one of those games.

You should submit your application for DC opening then.... I'm willing to be a reference point of contact....

Good luck!

Which is why it only makes sense if Malcolm was dogging it in practice and his pre-game preparation was sub-standard.

It was never argued or discussed that Chandler Jones had bad practices leading up to the KC game. Nor was it argued he did some illegal.

Keep in mind, BB was DC for the greatest OLB of all-time and who repeatedly showed up drunk, stoned and with women panties on. The difference is he always practiced hard, played hard and knew the game plan.

The man will cut players slack as long as they are doing their job.

Something tells me Malcolm wasn't doing his job.

Agree

Butler has been jumping routes all year and fingerpointing, showing up teammates. I think they were just requesting he keep it together until after the sb, and is clear he couldn’t. Imagine if the flu thing was just a cover for him going awol and missing the team flight?

Thought it was odd they could not confirm if he fly out with the team and how we didn’t learn about a separate flight, 2 days later.

Come on now, the guy is set to become a free agent, about to make millions and millions of dollars if he plays well in the biggest game of his career with the entire world watching. I doubt he dogged it in practice, guy has too much heart and pride to do that. If he didn’t care or was dogging it he wouldn’t have been crying his eyes out pregame in front of the world.
Please come up with a better scenario and reason why he was frozen out of the Super Bowl.

then he would have been inactive in favor of someone who may actually contribute....

so, no.......the fact that he was active but did not play is ALL on BB
Who would’ve been active as his replacement? Honestly. Someone with 1/4 of the scheme knowledge and team chemistry from the PS?

wouldn’t have been crying his eyes out pregame in front of the world.
maybe he was regretful of a pretty big mistake.. it is sad though.. i feel a little bad for him if he was just was not forgiven.. i mean to not be forgiven is a brutal thing.. idk

Chandler Jones was caught frekin nude hillucinating off of drugs in a police parking lot and still ended up playing. You want me to believe Butler committed a worse offence that led him to ZERO defensive snaps? I’m not buying it. Bill screwed the team, the fans big time with this one. As a player who is asked to sacrifice so much how do you go and play for this man again? I would have zero trust and respect for this man going forward.

Well...from everything we heard about Jones he was supremely apologetic to the team and owned up to it. In contrast, again FROM EVERYTHING WE'VE HEARD so far Butler was the opposite after getting caught.

I think the weed story, while probably not 100%, is probably closer to the truth than not. BB isn't sitting Butler unless it was a big deal, which this sounds like. Butler got caught goofing off and instead of apologizing his frustrations boiled over and he freaked about the contract situation and let them all have it.

Anyone who thinks that playing Butler wouldn’t have affected the outcome is ON CRACK. The defense needed to make just ONE FREAKING STOP on 3rd/4th down in the entire second half. ONE. You mean to tell me that Butler wouldn’t have helped the defense make ONE SINGLE STOP in an entire half of football? If he makes ONE PLAY it’s an improvement over what he saw. So Give me a break.
Yup, NE didn't punt once. So one 3rd down stop and you probably win.

Butler playing does not likely change the outcome. Torrey smith did nothing. The mistake was not giving rowe help with harmon and moving chung off ertz to agoholor.

Gilmore would have taken out agoholor from snap 1, flowers on clement (great coverage on the incomplete pass ruled an0 td), chung on ertz, mccourty moved all around and play more at the line for blitzes, help in support, etc.

Bb is the greatest ever but he and patricia over-analyzed (sometimes a bb flaw), and it cost them.

Everyone knew Smith wont do much, he had a very quiet season. But safety on Agholor was what did us in and Butler could have played in the slot. Had the matchup been different, I somehow doubt Foles would be looking that often towards Agholor during the 2nd half.

Please come up with a better scenario and reason why he was frozen out of the Super Bowl.

According to the HC he thought Butler didn’t give them the best chance to win. Which lead to Richards playing a big role.

You should submit your application for DC opening then.... I'm willing to be a reference point of contact....

Good luck!

See, it is this kind of immaturity and insecurity that ruins these boards. Was very very clear with my gameplan in the appropriate threads. I also nailed the idea philly’s front would handled and their edge rushers moves are weak and one dimensional.

Believe it or not some fans are knowledgable and know the game pretty well. Bb is the greatest, but he and patricia over-thought and over- managed this one.

IF he was caught with weed, and went off on the coaches when he was told her was going to sit, then you cannot play him.

Good luck!

He would have a big problem handling all the millenials on the Patriots roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST