PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player did something that caused him to be disciplined by benching, let his team down and they lose and people want to blame the guy who filed out the punishment rather than the guy who let his team down. Remarkable.
You also called our defense good all season long. Will you be eating crow like we forced the ones who said the opposite earlier in the season?

Sorry this thread is *WAY* too long to read through. I heard a rumor that Belichick consulted the captains before making this decision - is their any truth to that rumor?

Come on man.
This is just ridiculous. Bill Belichick coaches his team to the Sb and throws it because Seth Wickersham made up a story.
You are better than this.
I don't want to think of the possibility but B.B. Got us there then pulled the rug out. If he was feuding with Kraft, Brady and Butler he got his revenge. We've seen him do this on a lesser basis with Welker. We've seen his shock the team moves with Lawyer and Collins. I'm just floating the theory. Benching Butler was fatal and he could have put him in anytime to stop the bleeding.

Sorry this thread is *WAY* too long to read through. I heard a rumor that Belichick consulted the captains before making this decision - is their any truth to that rumor?
I asked that above - if he did, that is a good thing

It would also paint a different picture as to how he's handling it in the media. He'd be, in part, taking a bullet for his captains.

I'd love to know where the source of that rumor was.

So in some recent threads some were forcing the meme that Belichick was only concerned about his legacy.

Now some of the same people are inferring that principle in this case trumps Bill's legacy chase.

So which is it or are some just making things up as they go along - opinions weak on facts.

Well BB will
A player did something that caused him to be disciplined by benching, let his team down and they lose and people want to blame the guy who filed out the punishment rather than the guy who let his team down. Remarkable.

Unless he committed a felony i would have played him. I am sure his decision shook a lot of the players on the team. Biggest game of the year for the whole enchilada and he benches him. The guy wasn't coming back on this team. Butler has been a pain in the butt but the guy won us a super bowl.

Of course he does because he knows why and you do not and his track record speaks for itself.
You can’t know it was wrong because you don’t know the facts.
His track record is also 5-3 in superbowls while Malcolm himself saved 49, Atlanta destroyed themselves in 51 with Brady heroics in both and take away his heroics in those 2, we lose the last 5 Superbowls.

His track record is also 5-3 in superbowls while Malcolm himself saved 49, Atlanta destroyed themselves in 51 with Brady heroics in both and take away his heroics in those 2, we lose the last 5 Superbowls.

You do realize bb is the gm and coach, correct?

So in some recent threads some were forcing the meme that Belichick was only concerned about his legacy.

Now some of the same people are inferring that principle in this case trumps Bill's legacy chase.

So which is it or are some just making things up as they go along - opinions weak on facts.
Personally, I just think Brady deserves more credit when it comes to winning rings in the SB. Bill is the only coach id want and hes great, but Brady tearing up Philly last night made me realize how heroic in SBs he truly is.

Last night was one of BB's biggest blunders but he's still a heck of a coach. I hope he can find a way to fix this defense because it made nick foles look like joe montana. I doubt Foles will be a household name but he can thank BB for making him some money. Straight cash homey!

I have a really hard time believing that McCourty and Harmon were fine with benching Butler the entire game. They respect their coach, but these players are a tight knit group and I doubt they'd allow that to happen to one of their guys, assuming they had a say in any of this.

Bench him for a series, perhaps? 1 Q? Sure. Not the entire game though.

Of course he does because he knows why and you do not and his track record speaks for itself.
You can’t know it was wrong because you don’t know the facts.

You're in this thread complaining about people speculating, and you're speculating.

Brilliant!

I have a really hard time that McCourty and Harmon were fine with benching him the entire game. They respect their coach, but they're a tight knit group. Bench him for a series, perhaps? 1 Q? Sure. Not the entire game though.
He should consult them - we do not know if he did, or what they said if consulted. Should he follow their advice? In that situation - probably so.

Dumbass we've been in the hunt for 17 years because of BB. Some of you fan boys are beyond obtuse.
My opinion: BB is an amazing coach and there is NOBODY I would rather want, but I will forever give Brady more credit in the Superbowl wins than Bill. How many games will we need to witness Brady late game heroics?

Well BB will

Unless he committed a felony i would have played him. I am sure his decision shook a lot of the players on the team. Biggest game of the year for the whole enchilada and he benches him. The guy wasn't coming back on this team. Butler has been a pain in the butt but the guy won us a super bowl.
What people are completing discounting about this move is that it is counter to team formation. The psychological safety of trust required from their leader was shaken moments before the game. Butler's reaction on the sideline I am sure did not help at all. There is time for everything. This was not the time for what BB did and it is ok for people to admit that. Even Rowe said it was not the plan to play him. So we change the plan right before kickoff to that disaster?
I am going to watch and learn from BB on how he will handle this going forward. There still some players in the locker room who have trust issues because of how Collins was treated even though we won the superbowl that same year.

Even when we got the lead, I didn't feel elated. I knew that our defense hadn't shown the ability to stop them at all. A scoring drive by the Eagles felt inevitable it was just a matter of whether it'd be a TD or FG.
And a scoring drive by our offense felt inevitable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes