PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Bill I Trust. If he says it's a football decision then I believe him and it was a very bad one.

As Bill always says, coaches don't win games, players do. Bill lost this one.

Hate to break this to you, but it wasn’t just scheme specific.

Done for reasons unknown is not the same as no reason. The question is would we accept the reason if we knew it and why the hell is it such a secret?
The reason it is a secret could be to protect Malcolm Butler, especially weeks before his chance at free agency.

Obviously it’s just more speculation, but it’s possible that Belichick is taking heat for the mistake of Butler and is too big of a man to care what anyone thinks. After all, he does tend to keep things in-house as often as possible.

This thread is going to reach 4000 posts, and there hasn't been any new information of value since about 2 days after the initial post. Congratulations to everyone!

If any coach other than Belichick did with Butler what was done, this board would have unanimously labeled them brain dead.

Hence why no NFL coach is anywhere near BB.

If a player raped and pillaged Tomlin's family and took a dump on his head afterwards, and that player was perceived to be a star player regardless of a 103 passer rating against, Tomlin would still cave and start said player because he's a gutless loser.

See the difference between leaders and losers?

Hence why no NFL coach is anywhere near BB.

If a player raped and pillaged Tomlin's family and took a dump on his head afterwards, and that player was perceived to be a star player regardless of a 103 passer rating against, Tomlin would still cave and start said player because he's a gutless loser.

See the difference between leaders and losers?
VzV1mIV.gif

Devin McCourty: No truth to Malcolm Butler reports behind mysterious Super Bowl benching says:
"We all knew he wasn't starting all week. That wasn't a secret to the guys on the team. I get why people are fishing. The guy played 98 percent of the plays. I just hate that for him character-wise going into free agency. It's just not true. As far as I know -- and I was there all week -- not one time did anything come up."
To me it's pathetic how many people are along on the fishing trip. Countless mediots throwing enough shyte against the wall, some's bound to stick. People can't seem to resist the urge to join the ranks of the feces flingers.

You can't pick and choose which parts of BB you get to keep. The same guy that benched Butler has made countless personnel, pre-game and in-game decisions. To sit here now and say but but but but he benched my binkie is absurd.

Mediots love to hate on BB since he doesn't put up with their shyte. What's sad is seeing so many fools joining the mediot hate parade.

Devin McCourty: No truth to Malcolm Butler reports behind mysterious Super Bowl benching says:

To me it's pathetic how many people are along on the fishing trip. Countless mediots throwing enough shyte against the wall, some's bound to stick. People can't seem to resist the urge to join the ranks of the feces flingers.

You can't pick and choose which parts of BB you get to keep. The same guy that benched Butler has made countless personnel, pre-game and in-game decisions. To sit here now and say but but but but he benched my binkie is absurd.

Mediots love to hate on BB since he doesn't put up with their shyte. What's sad is seeing so many fools joining the mediot hate parade.

Exactly. It's just stunning to see people so brainwashed by the Felger/Mazz premises and taking the cheese all the time.

Have Felger and Mazz educated some of our brainwashed fans enough to know Butler had a 103 passer rating against in 2017 as opposed to 78, going into his contract negotiations in this past spring?

Something tells me this little alarming fact, I didn't even know until yesterday, has been ignored.

Throw in the flu and whatever else, and it appears, we have a group of irrational Felger/Mazzites running around channeling their heroes on this very board and other messageboards.

Translation? Butler wouldn't have made a damn of difference because he was technically our worst performing CB this year.

lmao

I am saying that BB makes leadership decisions like these all the time. Mike Tomlin and/or other inferior coaches, let the inmates run the asylum.

The coaching, the playing, the executing, who was on who, the slow start by the O and D, poor STs, etc, ALL could have been better in the Super Bowl.

The fact people are this convinced #21 would have come in and saved the day, is a tad disturbing.

I don't think he would have changed Foles from throwing dimes all over the field and it certainly wouldn't be seen as some fact Butler would have altered the game.

It's still an asinine move. I still don't get it. He could have gone to him at any point of the game. He will live with it till he retires. I am just happy that brady played well enough to win the game. Never envision giving up 41 points to a Foles led team. 28 or less and we win the game.

Exactly. It's just stunning to see people so brainwashed by the Felger/Mazz premises and taking the cheese all the time.

Have Felger and Mazz educated some of our brainwashed fans enough to know Butler had a 103 passer rating against in 2017 as opposed to 78, going into his contract negotiations in this past spring?

Something tells me this little alarming fact, I didn't even know until yesterday, has been ignored.

Throw in the flu and whatever else, and it appears, we have a group of irrational Felger/Mazzites running around channeling their heroes on this very board and other messageboards.

Translation? Butler wouldn't have made a damn of difference because he was technically our worst performing CB this year.

You have no clue what you talking about. If bademosi or whoever played in that jaguars game instead of butler we likely don't see the damn super bowl. Those guys played well in the second half of that game.

It's still an asinine move. I still don't get it. He could have gone to him at any point of the game. He will live with it till he retires. I am just happy that brady played well enough to win the game. Never envision giving up 41 points to a Foles led team. 28 or less and we win the game.

Did Minny's D envision giving up 35?

Are you aware Butler was our worst performing CB this year or do you just want to remain ignorant?

103 passer rating against this season. It was 78 last year, leading into his contract negotiations.

Do the math.

Flu-->High Maintenance-->Lack of Trust-->Poor play

This is who you want in a game?

Why can't you brainwashed anti-BBites just admit you're under the spell of the anti-BB Media Machine already?

We get it. BB is not above reproach, is not perfect, and needs to be strung up almost daily in this town, 24 hours a day, because the media thinks it's a way to make money and people like you take the bait, over and over and over.

How do you feel about Brady's dropped pass? Is it as bad as Reche Caldwell or Alge Crumpler's drops in the postseason?

Did Minny's D envision giving up 35?

Are you aware Butler was our worst performing CB this year or do you just want to remain ignorant?

103 passer rating against this season. It was 78 last year, leading into his contract negotiations.

Do the math.

Flu-->High Maintenance-->Lack of Trust-->Poor play

This is who you want in a game?

Why can't you brainwashed anti-BBites just admit you're under the spell of the anti-BB Media Machine already?

We get it. BB is not above reproach, is not perfect, and needs to be strung up almost daily in this town, 24 hours a day, because the media thinks it's a way to make money and people like you take the bait, over and over and over.

How do you feel about Brady's dropped pass? Is it as bad as Reche Caldwell or Alge Crumpler's drops in the postseason?

Dude he played all the snaps! He's better as our second corner. He can give up plays but he can also make a big play at any moment. You play with your starters and what got you there! The guy deserved to play in his last game in a pats jersey. He us won a damn super bowl. Something seems like it was personal between bill and butler.

lmao

I am saying that BB makes leadership decisions like these all the time. Mike Tomlin and/or other inferior coaches, let the inmates run the asylum.

The coaching, the playing, the executing, who was on who, the slow start by the O and D, poor STs, etc, ALL could have been better in the Super Bowl.

The fact people are this convinced #21 would have come in and saved the day, is a tad disturbing.

I don't think he would have changed Foles from throwing dimes all over the field and it certainly wouldn't be seen as some fact Butler would have altered the game.
We are rehashing the same old chit. There's nothing new here. Deus is right. 4000 posts and nothing new.

If that's true, then he deserves the hate in this case. The Patriots didn't have the personnel to match up with Philly in the Big Nickel. That's obvious. This was an error. He's the best coach in the NFL and maybe in the history of the league, but he's not immune to making them.

We are rehashing the same old chit. There's nothing new here. Deus is right. 4000 posts and nothing new.

I agree. It's why some of our fans need therapy on this topic. It's like they're personally offended Brady doesn't have a 6th ring on his finger.

It's become more of a quest for Brady's legacy than anything else now for them, as opposed to fans enjoying the team and the ride.

They also act like they're entitled to win every SB, when the rest of us know how tough it is to win them, especially 2 in a row, all injured with a target on your back.

Parity may be very weak in thew NFL right now, but when you get to a SB, they're coin toss situations.

The Pats as a TEAM did not play an A game, while Philly played closer to theirs.

Simple.

If that's true, then he deserves the hate in this case. The Patriots didn't have the personnel to match up with Philly in the Big Nickel. That's obvious. This was an error. He's the best coach in the NFL and maybe in the history of the league, but he's not immune to making them.

Yeah, and I suppose BB should be blamed for injuries that occur in the NFL, too.

Did you see Philly's D?

If our offense wasn't failing in the red zone the entire first half, Brady doesn't drop an easy ball, wide open, who knows, maybe we win a shootout style SB, as opposed to losing it?

See?

A lot of people on the team could have been better. You can;t play a game like that and expect to win. Compare any of the SB wins to the losses and what do you see? I see differences.

Plenty of things to nitpick about with regards to the game and how each phase of the game could have been better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back