PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't make much difference whether he schemed him out of the game or pulled him because it's still an inexplicable decision to remove the CB who played 98% of the snaps all year.

However Reiss' column provided zero quotes that show he was schemed out and we have several reasons to think that was not the case like:

Rowe was asked directly-

Not only is Rowe saying he didn't know he's saying the team didn't know. This is the guy who would have to know. I'm not buying all the team captains and players knew or something but the forgot to tell the guy who would play in his spot until just before the game. It's too absurd and frankly would make BB look completely dysfunctional if it were true.

And it seems odd that not only would his replacement say he didn't know but Butler broke down just before the game... over a game plan decision from a week ago?

I haven't seen any quotes contradicting Rowe and nothing credible that contradicts either what he said or how it looked.
Reiss’ article cited team captains saying they knew 2-3 data before the gane that butlers rile would be small.
It’s not unusual to announce lineup changes on game day. You make it out like it’s some kind of shocking development.

Listening to Mayo on the podcast just killed me.

He said that forget about Rowe vs. Butler. Belichick could explain that to anyone. He said not playing Butler forced Chung into the slot, where he had some trouble. But even worse, it put Richards on Ertz.

If Butler plays, Chung takes Ertz and one of the top 3 CBs takes the slot.

I'm sorry but Mayo's comments just killed me.

How am I wrong? How is Mayo wrong?

All these players are probably thinking how on earth did bill have this brain fart. His defense was getting picked apart and not once did he put butler in the game when he was dressed.

Everyone and their mother knows that if we did it again, we say screw the way Bill did it (it certainly didn't work) and we start Butler over Rowe. We'd certainly have a better chance as one of the top 2 CBs and with Chung on Ertz.
No. Butler wasn’t ready to play and contribute. Which part of that do you not get?

This is on Belichick. I don't care if Butler bathed in Chandler Jones' synthetic voodoo, he's still better than the combined 20 plays from Richards and Bademosi.
What you care about is irrelevant. Go get hired as hc of NEP if you want your opinion to matter.

This was the worst defensive performance I have ever seen from the Patriots in the last 25 years.
They were worse week 1 with butler on the field being lit up and then benched. Surprise the chiefs and eagles run the same offense.

Yes you do. The coaches can't see the future. All their decisions are made prior to knowing the final results.
That’s what I said

BB pulled Arrington in SB49. And BB has been a coach for a long time so both your sentences are probably false.
Making a lineup change isn’t saying scrap everything we planned because nothing that could be worse.

No. Butler wasn’t ready to play and contribute. Which part of that do you not get?

What you care about is irrelevant. Go get hired as hc of NEP if you want your opinion to matter.

They were worse week 1 with butler on the field being lit up and then benched. Surprise the chiefs and eagles run the same offense.

You're dense if you actually believe that. Yes let's not play butler because he struggles against the same system from week 1 and another opponent. The reason they gave up those big plays against the chiefs was lack of communication. This was one of BB's biggest blunders and it will stick with the rest of his career. You stick with your horses!

You're dense if you actually believe that. Yes let's not play butler because he struggles against the same system from week 1 and another opponent. The reason they gave up those big plays against the chiefs was lack of communication. This was one of BB's biggest blunders and it will stick with the rest of his career.
You need to learn to read.

Who gives a damn if the chiefs and eagles run the same offense. The bottom line's that BB decided to change defensive personnel at the last minute and it showed in the game. I rather go down with what got me to this point.

Listening to Mayo on the podcast just killed me.

He said that forget about Rowe vs. Butler. Belichick could explain that to anyone. He said not playing Butler forced Chung into the slot, where he had some trouble. But even worse, it put Richards on Ertz.

If Butler plays, Chung takes Ertz and one of the top 3 CBs takes the slot.

I'm sorry but Mayo's comments just killed me.

How am I wrong? How is Mayo wrong?

This is what I have been saying to the BB ball washers all day, perhaps they will take Mayo's word for it.

NAHHHH they will keep hugging his nut sack.

Reiss’ article cited team captains saying they knew 2-3 data before the gane that butlers rile would be small.
It’s not unusual to announce lineup changes on game day. You make it out like it’s some kind of shocking development.
There are no quotes in Reiss article. Line up changes to healthy starters down to zero snaps without the replacement knowing until just before the game are not at all common. If it is, then give an 1 example.

This is what I have been saying to the BB ball washers all day, perhaps they will take Mayo's word for it.

NAHHHH they will keep hugging his nut sack.
It might be possible to have a discussion with you if you acted like an adult. Then again it still might not.

Not only you can’t create a decent argument without using 5 fallacies along the way but you deliberately lie and use false information to create your arguments.

Butler played 100% of snaps against KC. He was neither benched nor lighted up. Gilmore was burned on several occasions in that game. Should he have been benched as well in the SB?

So your argument that Butler was benched against a similar team so that follows that that’s the reason he was benched against Philly is simply wrong. Try harder next time.

I’m sure you’ll try but i doubt it will be something other than Belichick has been mostly right in the past so that means with absolute certainty he was right in this case.

Rowe didn’t civet Jeffrey for a half.
We chose to play big nickel. Butler as cb3 would have played maybe 15-20 snaps maybe less.

Gosh you're right, BB is a genius the game plan was pure genius. Worked out GREAT, looking back at the way we held the Eagles to only 41 points worked out just great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That damned Brady, and Cardona, 2 bad snaps 4 lost points and Brady not getting the TD with 2 min left was a loser.

Thanks for your brilliant defense of BB and his GREAT Defensive game plan.
:rolleyes::confused:

There are no quotes in Reiss article. Line up changes to healthy starters down to zero snaps without the replacement knowing until just before the game are not at all common. If it is, then give an 1 example.
Reiss said according to team captains they knew 2-3 dats before. That’s the same as a quote.
It would seem that butler was demoted to cb3 a few days earlier unless Reiss is making up a story that he says team captains told him and either he was sooooo bad at practice or the way he handled the demotion culminated on game day.
Why would it be so hard to understand that the final decision to reduce playing time of a player evidently coming unraveled would happen leading up to kickoff.

There is no question that belichick struggled with this decision. These are human beings. Gauging his mindset and attitude on gane day surely was part of it.

It might be possible to have a discussion with you if you acted like an adult. Then again it still might not.

How is it possible that you never see the irony when you write such posts?

Gosh you're right, BB is a genius the game plan was pure genius. Worked out GREAT, looking back at the way we held the Eagles to only 41 points worked out just great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Listen if you want to be a Douchebag just say so and I’ll put you on ignore.

That damned Brady, and Cardona, 2 bad snaps 4 lost points and Brady not getting the TD with 2 min left was a loser.

Thanks for your brilliant defense of BB and his GREAT Defensive game plan.
:rolleyes::confused:
Again act like an adult or stfu

Not only you can’t create a decent argument without using 5 fallacies along the way but you deliberately lie and use false information to create your arguments.
That’s a ridiculous statement.

Butler played 100% of snaps against KC. He was neither benched nor lighted up.

My mistake. Someone made that comment earlier and when I checked the snap counts I looked it up wrong my mistake.
But he did get lit up.

Gilmore was burned on several occasions in that game. Should he have been benched as well in the SB?
Not true. Gilmore was underneath a long TD pass that McCourty says was his man.

So your argument that Butler was benched against a similar team so that follows that that’s the reason he was benched against Philly is simply wrong. Try harder next time.
Please show me where I said he was benched because of the kc game.
I brought up the kc game in my post I did not say it was the reason he was benched.

I’m sure you’ll try but i doubt it will be something other than Belichick has been mostly right in the past so that means with absolute certainty he was right in this case.
I’ve akready explained in great detail my take on what likely happened.
If you want to think belichick suddenly became ******ed and three was no reason behind benching butler go ahead and believe that.

Another Unsolicited attack. Strike 3. I’m sorry you are obsessed with me You have earned your spot on the ignore list.

No discussion just mocking people who blindly assume BB is God and perhaps don't know the game that well.

Another Unsolicited attack. Strike 3. I’m sorry you are obsessed with me You have earned your spot on the ignore list.

To repeat:

Fact 1: The defense allowed 41 points in the Super Bowl, second most of any Belichick Pats team in his 18 years, regular season or playoff.

Fact 2: With Butler playing CB#1 last year we allowed 15,6 points per game, number one in the league.

Fact 3: With Butler playing CB#1 for 3 games and CB #2 for the rest, this defense allowed 14.4 points in the last 14 games, number one in the league. 17 per game in the playoffs.

Butler is out, the entire defense is rearranged and it performs at an all time worst level, and people have the temerity to argue that Belichick was right in thinking Butler should be out and that it’s a good decision?

Once again, a defense that allowed 14.4 points in the last 14 games allowed 41 points and the only missing link was Butler.

The domino effect ruined the defense, ruined the team and whatever Butler did or didn’t do, whether he looked bad in training or not, the coaching stuff sabotaged the players, the fans, the entire organization by not making a change that they could have easily done it when it was obvious, OBVIOUS, that things were not working and we were getting exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST