PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Making the case for Osi Umenyiora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving up an early pick plus a big contract makes it difficult to get good value. Knowing the Pats, I never say never, but I say this is extremely unlikely.

Last edited:
Its a no-brainer.Come on now!!!The guy's gonna be 30.I think he could play for the next 4 years.I would give up the pats firts rounder.That pick will be high.This team will traded that pick as well.Go get him and your DL just got awhole lot better assuming Haynesworth brings it!!!!

They gonna trade the pick.Its not like they gonna use it and this guy played very well last year.

Keep in mind Bill traded Seymour - a much better DE - for a first, because he didn't want to pay him. The chances he either trades for OR pays Osi are not good; the chances he does both are nonexistent.

Seymour doesnt get to the QB like Osi.Osi is a much better athlete.

Seymour doesnt get to the QB like Osi.Osi is a much better athlete.

Regardless of if these are true or not, Seymour was and is indisputably a better player. The Pats are in no better a situation cap wise than they were in 2009 when they traded Seymour - so it makes no more sense to do this move now than when they traded him.

It does make sense considering that if u even at least 75 percent of Albert Haynesworth then a guy like Osi would wreak havoc.I dont expect the pats to do it because they are stockpiling draft picks and draft picks for years to come instead of going for it all this year ala the eagles!!!

They gonna trade the pick.Its not like they gonna use it and this guy played very well last year.

I don't see a first rounder. Perhaps a second plus a player like Wilhite (the Blue still need a CB)....but in all reality. One of those first rounders will be wasted as a real first rounder when Bill trades down (first rounder cheaper money or not) into a couple of third or fourth rounders. He hates those blue chippers. Any bets that he keeps both? Not in your life.

If you are going to waste them on the Orhnburgers, O'Connells or Wheatleys of the world, Osi makes a ton of sense. He has some years left on the odometer. Now we don't have to pray a sixth rounder from Whatzamatta U to be our anointed pass rusher, who will be all that. We tried the third round for Crable and that didn't work either. So all of those valuable down trades don't always work Cousins. and again, 17% chance of success that a rookie brings. This should not even be a question mark.

Bill don't outsmart yourself! This is too easy.
DW Toys

This would be outstanding and make the Pats IMO the favorites in the AFC, adding to the pass rush that was so anemic last year leading the Pats to being a garbage 3rd down D. I can't spell his name, but I'd be happy to have him aboard

This would be outstanding and make the Pats IMO the favorites in the AFC, adding to the pass rush that was so anemic last year leading the Pats to being a garbage 3rd down D. I can't spell his name, but I'd be happy to have him aboard

The Patriots went 14-2 last year, and have added (Not so) Fat Albert and Chad Johnson. You think they're not the favorites in the AFC?

They are the favorites but this would be an icing on the cake to the damn jets.The pass rush would be relentless if u asked me.They added one piece to the pass rush.I wanna see Sanchez on his butt!!!!

The Patriots went 14-2 last year, and have added (Not so) Fat Albert and Chad Johnson. You think they're not the favorites in the AFC?

They also haven't won a playoff game since George Bush was president. And despite that outstanding 14-2 record in the regular season they ate it hard and spat it out all over the field in their first playoff game. To make it out of the confrence you need to win in the playoffs. If you can tell me Brady is going to have another MVP season and all the rookies that contributed amazingly last year will repeat, and that BJGE will continue to improve and that Haynesworth will actually PLAY then yeah I'd put them at the top of the class, but a lot of things came together last year and they still curled up in the fetal position and sucked their thumbs in the playoffs.

They also haven't won a playoff game since George Bush was president. And despite that outstanding 14-2 record in the regular season they ate it hard and spat it out all over the field in their first playoff game. To make it out of the confrence you need to win in the playoffs. If you can tell me Brady is going to have another MVP season and all the rookies that contributed amazingly last year will repeat, and that BJGE will continue to improve and that Haynesworth will actually PLAY then yeah I'd put them at the top of the class, but a lot of things came together last year and they still curled up in the fetal position and sucked their thumbs in the playoffs.

2012 NFL Futures Odds to Win Super Bowl XLVI (46). NFL football Super Bowl Odds. Pro football future betting odds.

I would love to see Umenyiora in a Pats uniform, but if the Giants truly are trying to get a number one pick for him-that's not going to happen...at least with the Pats...maybe the Raiders.

A first round pick thats probably gonna be traded.I could care less about the odds.The pass rush is what this team has been missing for the longest.Add that piece in Osi and i am a happy camper.

Last edited:

Betting odds are different from favorites. The Vegas odds in the preseason seldomly reflect a true favorite and more often than not don't predict the true outcome they follow the money line, they dont predict winners they predict who will put money on the odds.

Again, if you don't think my fears I stated in the post are legit I'd love to hear why, trust me I'd rather not feel the need to worry

Betting odds are different from favorites. The Vegas odds in the preseason seldomly reflect a true favorite and more often than not don't predict the true outcome they follow the money line, they dont predict winners they predict who will put money on the odds.

Again, if you don't think my fears I stated in the post are legit I'd love to hear why, trust me I'd rather not feel the need to worry

"Favorites" is reflected by the betting odds. The most money is expected to be put down on the favorites, after all.

As for your fears, you're welcome to them. For the most part, what I've seen is personnel issues on the field, and they seem to be addressing those.

"Favorites" is reflected by the betting odds. The most money is expected to be put down on the favorites, after all.

As for your fears, you're welcome to them. For the most part, what I've seen is personnel issues on the field, and they seem to be addressing those.

You're selecting one group of favorites based on the betting odds. They could poll insiders, fans, writers, players and collectively gather their favorites and you might see an entirely different "favorite" emerge. I think this team has a lot of questions still, I understand all teams do and nobody has the perfect storm of players that cant be beaten but I am still weary of relying on a lot of guys who did it for one season, AND having Tom Brady have an out of the world MVP season again to get them to the playoffs. I'm even more weary of a team with a lot of guys who have very little if any playoff success taking them through the AFC

You're selecting one group of favorites based on the betting odds. They could poll insiders, fans, writers, players and collectively gather their favorites and you might see an entirely different "favorite" emerge. I think this team has a lot of questions still, I understand all teams do and nobody has the perfect storm of players that cant be beaten but I am still weary of relying on a lot of guys who did it for one season, AND having Tom Brady have an out of the world MVP season again to get them to the playoffs. I'm even more weary of a team with a lot of guys who have very little if any playoff success taking them through the AFC

It's pointless to judge a team based off recent playoff results. Aaron Rodgers was 0-1 in the playoffs before this year. Is a guy like Jerod Mayo at 0-2 really that different? The sample size is way to small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes