PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mahomes will never be better than Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against Mahomes and if he's the player we think he is this will only make him hungry. What's with his family? Are they all crazy?

Here’s Brady on top of the mountain all by himself.
368BCF88-8B63-441A-A1C0-1B88B31E03DE.jpeg

Here’s Mahomes trying to climb the mountain to join Brady with all the pressure coming for him.
E378561C-BF7D-49F8-929B-8AB233AC20F5.jpeg

Here’s Mahomes being thrown off that mountain.
CCD5135F-F21F-4E52-AF34-EC54B7FA7CD9.gif

Here’s Brady today still all by himself with even longer horns.
81404ABE-C793-400E-A5E7-1D77EE12528C.jpeg

Mahomes is basically a Rodgers with balls. He definitely didn't choke but was simply overwhelmed by a vaunting pass rush. The Tampa D was the true MVP of the game. Holding KC to just 9 points is unbelievable.

Not saying that TB didn't deserve the MVP because he played an excellent game as well.

Brady is truly the Dynasty slayer.
Mahomes accuracy when scrambling for his life is absolutely incredible. Never seen anything like it. How he avoids pressure is also so unique. Sometimes it looks like he is in slow motion

Let's face it - no one in the NFL will ever be better than Brady. The only question is whether Mahomes can overtake Brady as the best in the NFL at the moment. Last year it was looking like he had a chance to do so. This year the Old Man put the kibosh on Mahomes' plans. We'll see what happens next year...

Gotta say, I love that Brady got the W, even if for another team.

That being said, why couldn't we have enjoyed one of these blowout SB's? Damnit Tom, I aged roughly an extra half year for each win. Which is 3 whole years because he won SIX lmao

I have nothing against Mahomes and if he's the player we think he is this will only make him hungry. What's with his family? Are they all crazy?
Yeah I'd love to root for him but his family doesn't STFU and he plays for KC

This is true. He won last year but it was actually one of his worse games as a pro imo. This game is tough to put on him even though that'll be the narrative. He was pressured more than half the time he dropped back. 6 drops. Defense didn't show up but Old Andy did.
Those timeouts at the end of the half were brain dead. At best, you get the ball back with no guarantee of scoring the way he was being pressured. At worst, which is what happened, you’re doing Tom Brady a favor.

Other teams like the Chargers have found a QB and are getting better. If the Raiders land Watson I have to belive that they'll be better.

If Kelce is lost then what? I don't see a replacement on the roster like I do with Hill and Hardman.

Chiefs will not be in the next Sjper Bowl and no MHomes will never be Brady.

KC is right now the odds on favorite to win the super bowl next year, and I see why. Their path is easier than the Bucs or any team in the NFC for that matter (which I think will host 7 or the top 10 teams) and the teams which are good right now in the AFC don't watch up well against them, particularly the Ravens. On the surface there is little reason to doubt they make it back.

That all being true, I'm pretty sure you're right. It is damn hard to make it 3 years in a row, and someone else besides Brady is due to beat them.

Mahomes is Russell Wilson 2.0.

Injuries to himself, injuries to team, age, salary cap, coaching changes - there are far too many obstacles to think he'll get close. He'll be doing well to have 3 when he retires.

Some of the throws he made yesterday were among the best every made in a Super Bowl. Most of them were dropped. Hats off to the guy.

As others have said, he doesn't seem to manage the game at all, and that's a big part of the job.

Yep, he made some great throws, more than Brady. He also made many more risky throws than Brady. This is something he needs to manage better. As you mentioned he needs to work on his game managament. He needs to learn that there is a time to try to make that off platform throw and a time to not. Last night it didn't really matter. But it will in the future. As odd as it sounds, what Mahomes needs to learn to do is win without making the highlight wheel, just work the offense, get a lead and play it safe when ahead. Just cause he's naturally gifted enough to make certain throws doesn't mean he should attempt them at the rate he does in all cases.

can't stand the chiefs, but i enjoyed watching mahomes last night......his drive was full bore all night, he made some throws that were just unbelievable

debates as to who's greatest, who's better, yadda yadda yadda make for great fun on the interwebs, but at some point i'm ok just watching great players make plays, and that's ok

I think Tom can get one more ring which would make it twice as many as Montana! :eek:

I think the bigger problem for Mahomes is that he's already proving way too injury prone for such a young QB. He hasn't had anything catastrophic but he's dinged up all the dang time. I don't see the guy being an Iron Man on the level of Favre or even Eli, never mind Brady.
Yeah, anyone hoping to exceed Brady's accomplishments will have to match him in longevity. Brady is the complete QB. He takes care of his body with diet and a unique training system. It takes more than gimmicky circus throws while being sacked to be the GOAT. Mahomes makes great highlight reels compared to Brady's patient and methodical thousand cuts but in the end Brady holds the trophies.

Guys, Romo almost perfectly summarized this issue tonight; Mahomes will now have to win *8 SBs* if he wants to pass Brady. Eight. Brady now has the SB tie breaker. Just think about how unattainable that goal is for Mahomes.
The NFL will be defunct before anyone comes within 3 titles of Brady.

Mahomes takes a beating running around like a maniac. He's never going to last and he will be lucky to win 2 super bowls when all is said and done. Brady is light years beyond this overhyped kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back