PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mahomes high-fiving fans after the game...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rate The thread

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antdawg

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
And there is your answer as to why Mahomes will never be Brady, because even TB12 at Mahomes age would have been entirely way too disappointed and pissed off to even look at the fans after just losing the season-ender at home, in a game he was favored to win.

Mahomes is a great player, but he's basically a kid and he does not understand quite yet what it takes to be great. Perhaps he will learn, but after seeing him high-five a few Chiefs fans on his way down to the tunnel after last night's game, I felt bad for Chiefs fans. Prepare for many more letdowns from this guy. JMHO..

He is a lock for MVP.

We’ll see how his second year goes. You know that there will be plenty of tape from yesterday’s game that will be of interest to DC’s around the league.

uzooi.jpg

Yeah, disagree with you here for two reasons: One, I don't think being a gracious loser means you're okay with losing, especially when you're interacting with fans.

Two, we have no idea how Brady would handle the disappointment of losing a championship game at age 23, because he didn't lose a single playoff game until he already had 3 Super Bowls. At that point, his standard was quite different.

Mahomes is already much greater than Rodgers.

Rodgers had a few clutch playoff moments himself, he just never strung enough of those in a row together (except the one time).

I think it's very possible and even probable that Mahomes surpasses Rodgers, but that's in no small part due to him being on a more forward-thinking franchise. Reid probably has to go for them to reach the next level, but even Reid inspires more confidence than McCarthy. Mahomes will be given all the help he needs and I think he will take full advantage.

He's also much more likeable than Rodgers.

I never said it wasn't a classy gesture to fans.

Does Brady high five fans at Foxboro after a loss? If not, does that make him not classy?

I like Mahomes and high fiving kids on the way out is not biggie.. he is their hero, to ignore them would have been "bush league".

Before we put him into Canton lets see where he is 5-7 years in his career after he gets the obligatory ACL tear, shoulder separation and other assorted injuries...

I appreciate his game and all the accolades he will receive for a great season..

And there is your answer as to why Mahomes will never be Brady, because even TB12 at Mahomes age would have been entirely way too disappointed and pissed off to even look at the fans after just losing the season-ender at home, in a game he was favored to win.

Mahomes is a great player, but he's basically a kid and he does not understand quite yet what it takes to be great. Perhaps he will learn, but after seeing him high-five a few Chiefs fans on his way down to the tunnel after last night's game, I felt bad for Chiefs fans. Prepare for many more letdowns from this guy. JMHO..

He was thanking the fans for their support.

You are reading way too much into this.

That "high fiving" looked a lot like "shaking the hands of loyal fans to thank them for being so supportive, even after a crushing defeat."

I respect the maturity of being able to do that when you probably just want to punch a hole in the wall or throw up.

He was thanking the fans.

You are reading way too much into this.

No, I don't think I am. Never said he wasn't a classy or gracious player. What I am saying though is that I'll take the guy who's so pissed off and disgusted after a season-ending loss at home that "fans" are the last thing on his mind over the "classy" guy every day.

Mahomes looks to have a great career ahead of him, but there's more than just physical tools that you need to succeed in this game. And for all the ones already putting him above Rodgers, come on man. He's had one very good year. Let's let him turn 30 before putting him in the HOF.

I respect the maturity of being able to do that when you probably just want to punch a hole in the wall or throw up.

So every great athlete who's ever ignored their home fans after an embarrassing, season-ending loss are "immature". Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down