PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones working out with MORE of the WR

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It would seem that Jones is making it a point to work out with as many of the WR who are on the 90 man roster as possible.
He recently worked out with Wilkerson and Humphrey.

This is in addition to the work outs he's done previously.

I like how Mac is being very professional and working out with with guys who are looked at as not having a shot in making the team. Anybody who has played competitive sports at any level knows there are times it’s tough to get playing time for whatever reason. Mac is at least giving these guys a chance to build rapport before training camp.

And Rham is built like a tank. Look for him to have a big year.

I like how Mac is being very professional and working out with with guys who are looked at as not having a shot in making the team. Anybody who has played competitive sports at any level knows there are times it’s tough to get playing time for whatever reason. Mac is at least giving these guys a chance to build rapport before training camp.
If I may quote Lolly of Lolly's adverbs: indubitably.

Hey Mac, invite some of our corners to join in a scrimage.

The demise of Mac's boobies may have been greatly exaggerated. Not that it matters, all the confidence he's going to have a nice sophomore year jump.
I don’t think any of us were super worried on the pecs, more focused on the arms. We’ve seen some shots of those looking good but you can’t exactly trust social media. It’ll come down to performance on the field. I’m very confident as well.

The drive and determination has always been there with Mac, you never have to worry about work ethic. Also he will always work hard to improve on what he thinks are his weaknesses. I’m not expecting the same crazy year one to year two (as a starter) improvements like he made in Alabama. Not like he was terrible the year before his final year in Alabama, it’s just that he was historically good his final year.

I expect him to make a decent jump from year one to year two. I expect him to be in the top 15 statistically this year, possibly top 10. I still expect the Pats to be a run dominant team, but I expect the passing game to be a little more wide open compared to last year. I think Agholor and Smith finally understand this offense, and will give Jones more explosive weapons, and if Parker can stay healthy, this offense will definitely be better than last year’s, which was #6 in scoring. I think the rookies, though explosive (Thornton and Strong), won’t have HUGE impacts on the team, unless there are injuries.

I’m excited about Jones this year. He had a very good rookie season, and he has the talent, drive and determination to follow it up with an excellent 2nd year. I really love his leadership as well, you can tell the guys love him.

I definitely hope for more than a repeat of last year.
I'd counter that a repeat of where he finished statistically might be actually an improvement if those numbers include lower INTs and more chunk plays, but his yards remain similar.

Simply taking advantage of the line crowding and short zone flooding defenses he saw all late last year with stop n gos, seams, and posts would force defenses back opening up the running game.

Balance for this team would be a massive improvement - and not just for Jones.

The demise of Mac's boobies may have been greatly exaggerated. Not that it matters, all the confidence he's going to have a nice sophomore year jump.
I don’t think he has titties as much as he has puffy nipples. Either way, he’s in a LOT better shape entering the season. He looked like a rookie whose body was beginning to break down at the end of 2021. My best guess is it was due to the hits adding up on top of not being in an NFL workout program for more than a year. It’s promising that he’s taken steps to address that.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back