PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Mac Jones traded to Jags for a 6th

I'm going to miss Mac's biggest fan as they stopped posting this season. I can't remember the poster's name and I think it was a burner account, but they will be missed.

Look at the posts here and who's disliking every single post who's happy Mac is no longer here.

Look at the posts here and who's disliking every single post who's happy Mac is no longer here.
It's not @archstanton543

It something like BBwins8. While many on the board were fooled by the optimism of their posts, only one Moderator sniffed out the satire and told them to knock it off.

I'll believe this when it actually happens but IF it is true I would be ecstatic. I honestly believed his value was a 7th rounder.

a player with potential, but ruined by quite possibly the most overrated head coach in professional sports history
It's amusing that you claim The Dynasty is a hit piece on Belichick, when you make statements like this.

Coming off a year of Cam Newton, there was general consensus that we needed a new QB and Mac, with a first round grade and known to have some admirers in the league, was sitting there at 15. It was the right pick to make given the situation we were in.

You could look at BB and say this is another example of his bad draft decisions. But this is hardly the best example of that. Harry and Strange are way way way worse in my opinion.

He was a poor mans Chad Pennington with an entitled, crappy attitude and no leadership skills.

He is still young so- maybe- if he makes some changes in his life and everything breaks right for him, he'll get another chance to be an NFL starter. He's a long shot that he ever starts another playoff game, though.

Coming off a year of Cam Newton, there was general consensus that we needed a new QB and Mac, with a first round grade and known to have some admirers in the league, was sitting there at 15. It was the right pick to make given the situation we were in.

You could look at BB and say this is another example of his bad draft decisions. But this is hardly the best example of that. Harry and Strange are way way way worse in my opinion.
It was not the right pick as I said at the time. If you loved Jones you needed to take him in the 2nd or preferably the 3rd round. It is hard to make it as an NFL QB without arm strength. Some can do it with air tight mechanics and repeatable deliveries. Most cannot.

His New England story was written in full after the second benching.

not sorry he's gone, do wish things had turned out differently. C'est la vie.

time to move forward.

#Draft a QB
#No Retreads

Yep. Jones was the right pick at the time, but many wanted Parsons had he been available. However, he was a boom/bust type pick. He was gone, so Jones was the pick.

Thank you for your time as a Patriot, Mac.

I think it will be good for him to go back home to Jacksonville and to work on his fundamentals with Pederson.

I am glad that the book on Mac Jones is now closed.

@Triumph let us know if you need anything. We’re all here for you brother.

If by 'here for you' what you mean is here to serve The Welcher a nice steaming bowl of what tommybrady10/Mac15/blowtime12 is full of then okay. Yeah, I'm here for that. There's nothing lower than a welcher, except maybe a Jete fan welcher.

As for Mac, adios kid. Nothing so became his Pats life as the ignominious leaving of it for a 6th. It's not quite nothing but it really isn't something, says it all right there

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back