PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Mac Jones traded to Jags for a 6th

He can't throw an out. Teams figured that out late in his rookie season when he began to struggle. By season 2, they flooded the middle of the field where he lived and breathed. It was over. They adjusted to him and he showed he's nothing more than a backup at best.

He's not the first one that had some success until DCs figured out what he couldn't do on the field.

Not much space in the NFL for QBs who can't throw long and who can't throw to the boundaries.

In that Bills playoff game, he had a wide open WR breaking to the left corner of the end zone, and the Bills safety Hyde came clear across the field from the other side to intercept it. That's how long it took to get there. That throw encapsulated him perfectly. More than the INT to Indy this year.

Can't throw long.

Can't throw outside the hashes.

No pocket awareness.

Scared of his own shadow.

Awful mechanics.

Mental toughness of someone who dyes their hair blue.

Very glad he was traded. I was really rooting for him before, during and just after that 1st season... and then he did that griddy during the Pro Bowl... and kept making it even harder and harder to root for him.

[QUOTE="condon84, post: 6784996, member: 15168"

Mental toughness of someone who dyes their hair blue.
[/QUOTE]

What’s wrong with blue hair????? Wtf

Public service announcement: The Jones pick was 100% Bill’s responsibility. He was the GM and coach. The buck stopped with him. All other opinions are wrong. The end.

Carry on.

I was a HUGE Mac guy at one point too. When we pick a QB in the 1st round in April you will be out of your funk, and better for it.

Mac lost me by his non-professionals actions, like Wolf noted in his press conference. I wish Mac all the best. I think he could be a good backup and make $MMs in the NFL if he can change his attitude. Mac's future success will be all about Mac's state of mind.
The error repeating was my biggest frustration. He would talk each week about correcting things he did, only to keep doing them. And as much as I continued giving him the benefit of the doubt, he didn’t have the mental toughness he needed to overcome a lot of what he was dealing with. Even Brady would have had a tough time as a third-year QB in that situation, but I doubt he would have hung his head or leaked a lot of the stuff we heard from Jones’ camp during that span. He would have just said “F-it” and played.

Go back to that horrific stretch he had in 2003. He easily could have melted down after that. He didn’t.

Meanwhile, Zappe, to his credit, would correct his mistakes each week, albeit he would then go out and make some new ones. But that’s just simply due to both his physical limitations and who he had to throw to by the end of the season. In the end, I’m fine with him as the team’s 3rd QB and hope they keep him. Decent player, good teammate, perfect role for him.

What round do you think that Issac Guerendo will go in? He's 6'0 and about 221 and ran a 4.33 40 and considered a Dual-Role Back.
Based on Mock Database (aggregate mocks site), he jumped around 2 rounds from the 7th to the 5th.

So next question is when is Zapp getting traded?
Then Nathan Rourke is the only QB on the roster right now.

Hopefully it all takes shape leading up to draft day.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
I'm going to miss Mac's biggest fan as they stopped posting this season. I can't remember the poster's name and I think it was a burner account, but they will be missed.

I am sure the 6th round pick was the best offer the Pats got. Why would we think they could have gotten more?

Because people have been worked into thinking by the media that Justin Fields is worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick for some reason. Which means they have to think Jones is worth at least 4th. Thing is Justin Fields isn't worth even a 4th. I figured we'd have to cut Jones so getting a pick is a plus. It's 192 so maybe there is a chance they find someone that can contribute which makes it a plus since Jones was never contributing to the team in 2024 or beyond.

BTW these are the same people that thought Jerry Jeudy was worth giving a 2nd for last year, some even wanted to give up a 1st.

Nah not if it’s just one year. His option isn’t picked up.
Imagine as currently constructed zap is the starting QB.. LOL

• Sad
Reactions: sb1
BTW these are the same people that thought Jerry Jeudy was worth giving a 2nd for last year, some even wanted to give up a 1st.
I agree the Jeudy thing was Nuts. But the same people will do the same thing with the next WR who is a disappointment and is being traded or allowed to be a FA.

I have the Jags as having picks 192 and 212 (comp pick).

If we can only get a sixth for D. Parker things would start to look different for this offense.
Maybe they can give us 212 for Parker so Mac can continue to chuck up "50-50" aka "5-95" balls to him in the red zone.

Public service announcement: The Jones pick was 100% Bill’s responsibility. He was the GM and coach. The buck stopped with him. All other opinions are wrong. The end.

Carry on.
Wrong

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back