PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones Through 2 Games (2021 vs 2022 vs 2023) By QTR and Redzone Totals

I think the offense looks markedly better with a better QB. There are so many plays Mac doesn't make. And he is awful at recognizing the blitz and setting protections. Those skills alone by another QB would drastically improve production.
Pretty sure that's a tautology. You're brimming with vapidity today.

I think the offense looks markedly better with a better QB. There are so many plays Mac doesn't make. And he is awful at recognizing the blitz and setting protections. Those skills alone by another QB would drastically improve production.

Sure, every team in the league would look better if they had a better QB than the one they currently have.

The thing is the Patriots could be waiting decades to get a better QB than Mac Jones. Literally. So you gotta deal with what you have. Mac may be the best one or two QB to come out of not only the 2021 draft but the 2021 and 2022 draft. At this point, we don't even know for sure if Trevor Lawrence is better considering how bad he is playing this year.

And he isn't horrible at recognizing the blitz and setting the protections. That is just something you are making up. Mac's strength is presnap reads. And on the Patriots, David Andrews sets most of the protections, not Mac.

Who is making the OL block better or Bourne/parker/juju elite?

Sorry I just don't see Mac being the issue here. I don't see what big plays he's missing.

Mostly every mediot has said our OL is a mess and our receivers aren't (as expected) getting open. So everything needs to be schemed and perfect to make a play.

So, playing the Eagles (3-0), Dolphins (3-0), and the Defense projected as the second best in the NFL (Jets) in a rain-and wind game means nothing?

Your small sample size shrinks considerably when you consider who they played and in what conditions.

Poor Mac. Was it the dome this time?

Who is making the OL block better or Bourne/parker/juju elite?

Sorry I just don't see Mac being the issue here. I don't see what big plays he's missing.

Mostly every mediot has said our OL is a mess and our receivers aren't (as expected) getting open. So everything needs to be schemed and perfect to make a play.
This post has not aged well ...

The Patriots offense (under Jones) has scored 53 points.

The Patriots offense (under Jones) has given away 21 points. All on Jones turnovers.

Net total of 32 points, over 4 games.

8 net ppg

The lion’s share of those points have come with big deficits against soft zones.

The Patriots offense (under Jones) has given away 21 points. All on Jones turnovers.

8 net ppg

The lion’s share of those points have come with big deficits against soft zones.
The most worrisome stats are the number of comebacks, wins when we are behind etc.. if we fall behind we can not overcome this with mac at qb, the margin for errors is 0, he isn’t a franchise qb

The most worrisome stats are the number of comebacks, wins when we are behind etc.. if we fall behind we can not overcome this with mac at qb, the margin for errors is 0, he isn’t a franchise qb
He is though. Some other franchise will make him their franchise QB and will hopefully put some talent around him unlike the Pats.

Damn man
Keep fighting the good fight
I wish you were my friend in real life the way you defend Mac is inspiring
He had a bad game and he's a huge reason why they lost. Mac is still a starter in the NFL on the vast majority of teams.

Poor Mac. Was it the dome this time?
Sadly, he plays worse in a climate-controlled environment.

Kraft needs to acquire a weather machine that simulates the Buffalo 50 year storm when Mac completed 2 of his 3 passes and secured the W with stellar hand-offs.

Can't be more expensive than an a highly pixelated jumbotron, an irrelevant lighthouse, and a tiny bell.

Mac was the problem yesterday but to be honest there was zero safety valves and rham was the closest and Mac had to make some plays and made 3 dumb throws.

Somedays everything goes wrong and I think yesterday was such a day for Mac.

Mac is definitely a problem but the skill level on offense is pathetic. I would fire Bill before we move away from Mac.

If we are getting Caleb Williams we should move from Mac , else we are in QB purgatory. I am sure Brock purdy would be even worse than Mac with our skill level.

I think the game has passed Bill and Bob. We were lucky that Judon came out and allowed Uche to burst in. I see the defense falling apart in absence of gonzo and Judon .

Maybe this is not the year and we tank if we lose the next 2 games.we are at least 3-4 years away from getting into playoffs at this state.

Again, stats are for losers, points are most important, not my quote but BB's

offensive points per game league rank:
Year 1: 6
Year 2: 17
Year 3: 26

still early, but that's not progress. Sure blame everyone but Mac for this, the refs, the weather, yada yada yada.

Year 3: 31

yuck.

8 net ppg

Then he ****ing laughs when he’s taken out of the game and chewed out.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back