PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones' Last Five Games - 2022 vs 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What evidence that he's admitting any mistake? I haven't heard any come from his mouth.
I meant that would be “the genius” that was being referred to if he essentially admits the error by making a change this offseason.

Last edited:
I'm a season ticket holder too, we don't make team decisions, and then really, what's our recourse? Mass boycott?

If Patricia is such a dead man walking then why hasn't Belichick made a move already? Teams make in-season moves. BB is not replacing Patricia due to disapproval or pressure from the fans and media. He'll make the move because he thinks it's in the best interest of the team. There's something still in balance for the team this season, so if BB has already determined there needs to be an OC/play-caller change, then he's being negligent in having not made a move already.

And no, I don't think Mac is out dueling Allen @BUF. I said 'what if.' If BB is really committed to his Patricia/Judge plan then for sure a strong finish by the offense will reinforce his commitment. And he'll use it as leverage to keep his guys.

A few weeks ago BB hinted that making a drastic in-season change of the kind you suggest would be unmanageable. Remember, the system installed by Patricia/Judge was not the system used last season, so it's not like someone else on staff could just take the reins and make sense of it. BB's big mistake was turning things over to him last spring and apparently was committed to it come hell or high water.

My reference to season ticket holders/sponsors/advertisers regards Kraft being a bottom-line guy who (A) is concerned with protecting the brand and (B) is himself a fan who holds the team to a high on-field standard. Word is he's mighty pissed how far off the rails things went this season and that BB also knows things must change. I believe it's a safe bet Patricia will be moved elsewhere for 2023, either coaching OL exclusively or to the front office. Judge could be reassigned to peeling potatoes in the team cafeteria.

If the Patriots bring in a FA QB then Mac's getting traded. Patriots aren't putting a 1st round, 2-year starter on the sideline behind a veteran QB. The only scenario (and not a long-term one) where Mac is a backup is if the team enters the next training camp with an open competition between Mac and Zappe and the latter wins out. Under that scenario, if Zappe proves to be a legitimate starter, then Mac is probably out the door by the trade deadline.

I'm fine with Mac getting traded if he loses. It is what it is.

if Zappe wins, you cut the FA QB depending on the salary buy you might eat it for a year. Zappe'll be cheap enought.

I'd be fine with any of:
Baker
JimmyG
Daniel Jones
Minshew

in that order.

Or Mac isn't as good as he could/should be ... which I'm sure is also rolling some eyes.
There's one other possibility, Mac has improved but the offense is so bad that it looks like he regressed.

Personally I think zappe was running the O better than Mac, but next year will tell

Matt has a point here. Fact is there are worse OCs and offenses in the league than what the Patriots have. This in no way is to defend Patricia. He needs to go but placing 90% of the blame on him to exonerate the QB play (and the receivers) is nonsense.

The Pats lead the league in defensive and special teams TDs with six on defense and one punt return. Where would the in PPG if you removed those seven TDs? You remove those TDs and the Pats average 17.9 PPG. That would be 27th in the league in PPG.

The Pats lead the league in defensive and special teams TDs with six on defense and one punt return. Where would the in PPG if you removed those seven TDs? You remove those TDs and the Pats average 17.9 PPG. That would be 27th in the league in PPG.
Would it be fair to remove D/ST TDs from all other teams as well or just for the Patriots?

No
Would it be fair to remove D/ST TDs from all other teams as well or just for the Patriots?
no but there is no way this offense is 16th in scoring if you just look at offense touchdowns..but I agree with your previous post blaming all on Matt p is wrong

No

no but there is no way this offense is 16th in scoring if you just look at offense touchdowns..but I agree with your previous post blaming all on Matt p is wrong

He shoulders a great deal of the blame, however. He's just not cut out to be a coordinator on either side of the ball.

Sure. But a bunch of teams do not have any or only one or two defensive/special teams scores. The Pats have seven TDs. From what I can tell, there are only six other teams that have more than two defensive/special teams TDs. None have more than four.

Have at it. I am not going to do the work for you. Feel free to adjust the PPG for all the other teams. I am telling you that it is unlikely that you will move up the Pats any higher than 26th or possibly 25th in PPG. But the most likely outcome is that they stay at 27th. Most of the teams with 3-4 defensive/special teams TDs have higher PPGs than the Pats before you take away the non-offensive scoring.

Again, the Pats lead the league in defensive/special teams scoring and by several TDs compared to #2.

Sure. But a bunch of teams do not have any or only one or two defensive/special teams scores. The Pats have seven TDs. From what I can tell, there are only six other teams that have more than two defensive/special teams TDs. None have more than four.

Have at it. I am not going to do the work for you. Feel free to adjust the PPG for all the other teams. I am telling you that it is unlikely that you will move up the Pats any higher than 26th or possibly 25th in PPG. But the most likely outcome is that they stay at 27th. Most of the teams with 3-4 defensive/special teams TDs have higher PPGs than the Pats before you take away the non-offensive scoring.

Again, the Pats lead the league in defensive/special teams scoring and by several TDs compared to #2.
There are 25 teams with 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 ST/D TDs. Your analysis is incomplete and lacks validity.

There are 25 teams with 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 ST/D TDs. Your analysis is incomplete and lacks validity.

I said more than two. Prove me wrong. If I am wrong, I will admit it. I bet most of the seven teams that don’t have a single defensive or special teams TD are below the Pats in PPG.

Either actually show the work or concede the point. I bet they are still in the 25-27 range.

I said more than two. Prove me wrong. If I am wrong, I will admit it. I bet most of the seven teams that don’t have a single defensive or special teams TD are below the Pats in PPG.

Either actually show the work or concede the point. I bet they are still in the 25-27 range.
I don't have to prove anything since your analysis ignores 25 other teams. Clearly it's flawed and lazy.

A TD a game . Great.

How many rushing TD in that stretch last yr vs this yr? Would be interesting to see non offensive TD as well

I don't have to prove anything since your analysis ignores 25 other teams. Clearly it's flawed and lazy.

I am not ignoring anything. We are 15 games into the season. One defensive/ST TD will bring down the PPG less than half a point and two defensive/ST TD will bring down the PPG less than one point. Right now there are seven teams with less than 18.9 PPG.

So any team with 18.9 PPG before you remove the defensive and special teams TDs will have to have more than two defensive/special teams TD to have a lower PPG than the Patriots after you remove them. That is why I didn’t count the teams with two or less defensive or special teams TDs because any team that could be lower than the Pats after you do that calculation, are under the 17.9 PPG right now before you factor it in.

Again, prove me wrong. I obviously looked in more detail into this than you.

I will admit the only thing I didn’t factor into my analysis were safeties. But I don’t think any team has more than two and most teams don’t have any.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, we're stuck with "good" or average until great falls back into our laps. "It is what it is."
Perfectly said although I would stick with slightly above average which is kinda what Mac Jones was always supposed to be.

This is what was said of him going into the draft.

"Jones has good backup to low-end starter potential"

Reactions: Ian
Mac has struggled, no question. But, even with the disaster of MP and the offense design and playcalling, he's cleaned some things up this last stretch. Even while going 2-4 as a team since Thanksgiving, Mac has gone - 62% | 1367yd | 7 TD | 1 INT
Not great, but not terrible.
What's a shame is that we had real chances to win 3 of those 4 losses in the last minutes.

What's a shame is that we had real chances to win 3 of those 4 losses in the last minutes.
...and the only games this year which the situation was hopeless was vs BUF and CHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents