PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking for pic of Ben Watson's big hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracerTrav87

Rookie
Reaction score
Ive been looking around the internet a good bit and cant seem to find a really decent picture of the Ben Watson hit on Champ Bailey (which shouldve been called a touchback). Could anyone hook me up with a link? Thank you.

That's odd that you posted a link to a website that is attempting to prove that the refs did make the right call on that play. Those are probably the best pictures I've seen yet.

huskeralk said:
That's odd that you posted a link to a website that is attempting to prove that the refs did make the right call on that play. Those are probably the best pictures I've seen yet.

As I said in the post they were posted in it's all about angles. So that may try to prove it wasn't a TB, but it doesn't. I can show you pictures that look the ball will not go through the uprights, but in fact did. It's the angle of the camera in space. How far left, right, up and down all effects how it looks from that distance. Especially with a big zoom shot like those obviously were from the other side of the field. Unless the photographer ran down the field with them. He wanted a pic of of the Watson hit and there it is.

Thanks for the pics! If anyone has any more I would sure like to see them. Im a bit bias about the call (my brother and I have followed the Pats since pre-Brady days, and I absolutely love the team). I do wish the game had been broadcasted on ESPN though, since they have the endzone/out of bounds vertical camera that would have proven that the call shouldve been overturned :D

In my sig... loved that hit... :D.

It's not a particularily clear picture, though, sorry.

And why a bunch of Broncos fans would set out to prove that it was the right call using only pictures taken is completely beyond me...

try nfl films or sports illustrated

TracerTrav87 said:
Thanks for the pics! If anyone has any more I would sure like to see them. Im a bit bias about the call (my brother and I have followed the Pats since pre-Brady days, and I absolutely love the team). I do wish the game had been broadcasted on ESPN though, since they have the endzone/out of bounds vertical camera that would have proven that the call shouldve been overturned :D
there were a lotta shots of it, and also shots of watson's sprint. try nfl films, who will undoubtedly have that footage at some point. sports illustrated surely had several photographers there. you might get lucky and find that a couple of them were stringers.

i see, with enormous pleasure, that many fans (me included) still remember and will never forget that amazing, incredible, beautiful play by Ben Watson.

a true Patriot !

italianpatthepatriot said:
i see, with enormous pleasure, that many fans (me included) still remember and will never forget that amazing, incredible, beautiful play by Ben Watson.

a true Patriot !
I'm with you, Pat!! No matter what the final result was, that play will always stand out to me as the definitive example of what it means to be a Patriot. I can't wait until next year!!!!!!!

mdpatriot said:
I'm with you, Pat!! No matter what the final result was, that play will always stand out to me as the definitive example of what it means to be a Patriot. I can't wait until next year!!!!!!!

well said mdpatriot !

i will N E V E R N E V E R forget that play !

beautiful.

since that moment Ben Watson become one of my favourite NE players (also if i liked him before it, that play really make/made the difference)

a tremendous effort and he showed proud and never surrender.

a great great play !!!

thks Ben !!!

bravo !

what about a shot from the back of the endzone or someone in the stands.

In Bill Simmons Mailbag, a person emailed him that he was sitting in that endzone and that it was clearly a touchback, he also said Denver fans were screaming for Shanahan to run a play quick. Take it for what its worth.
heres some video of the Watson play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=-qG4KKFpQVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes