PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Look Forward To Day 5

I think that is a given. Shame, though. I would have liked to have seen what he could have done if healthy. But with the 2 TE signings and the 2 kids, there will be no room at the inn for him.

My wish list in FA is thinning. But you are right about the RB situation. Dion Lewis is out there and probably could be had for cheap money. On the other hand I would love if they took a shot at grabbing Philip Lindsay. He's a guy who fill the role Burkhead played only better. Like Burkhead, health has always been a factor with him, but in a four man rotation, everyone would benefit. I wonder about what kind of deal would get him.

On the defensive side, Akeem Hick was just told he could seek a trade. Up there in years at 32, I wonder if they could work a sign and trade for one of our 4th rounders.

It's been quite a week. As I look to Day 5, I would hope to see a RB soon, and possibly another WR.

Also, we could see LeCosse cut.
LaCosse might wait for camp to be cut. He has no value in trade at all, and I could see Bill holding him over the heads of Asiasi and Keene during camp to make the youngsters fight for TE3 with a veteran. If we didn't have LaCosse we'd have to sign another guy to do that, so I think LaCosse is with us until camp

On the defensive side, Akeem Hick was just told he could seek a trade. Up there in years at 32, I wonder if they could work a sign and trade for one of our 4th rounders.
CHI did him no favors waiting this long to let him look for a trade.

Much of the money is out of the market.

Most teams will wait to see if he gets cut.

I think that is a given. Shame, though. I would have liked to have seen what he could have done if healthy. But with the 2 TE signings and the 2 kids, there will be no room at the inn for him.

My wish list in FA is thinning. But you are right about the RB situation. Dion Lewis is out there and probably could be had for cheap money. On the other hand I would love if they took a shot at grabbing Philip Lindsay. He's a guy who fill the role Burkhead played only better. Like Burkhead, health has always been a factor with him, but in a four man rotation, everyone would benefit. I wonder about what kind of deal would get him.

Hicks wants a raise from his 10 mill salary.
I think Lewis is cooked. Lindsay will probably be too expensive.

Duke Johnson and Alston jefferey

At this point, we wait. There will be a late gem down the road. Focus on draft and hit it right. No experimental projects B.S.

Kenny Gainwell (Memphis RB) would be a great replacement for James White, if we can get him in the draft. He's really good and might be had in the 3rd round.

Hicks wants a raise from his 10 mill salary.
I think Lewis is cooked. Lindsay will probably be too expensive.
Hicks might get cut. He wants a raise but it won't happen. He may have to take a 1-year deal and hope the cap is much higher next year. He'll also be a year older. It's just bad timing for him. He excelled here so it's not out of the question he'd pick NE. With all the upgrades on D he could really thrive here and raise his value for 2022.

LaCosse might wait for camp to be cut. He has no value in trade at all, and I could see Bill holding him over the heads of Asiasi and Keene during camp to make the youngsters fight for TE3 with a veteran. If we didn't have LaCosse we'd have to sign another guy to do that, so I think LaCosse is with us until camp
Unless we desperately need the cap space to snag a good+ player keep LaC through training camp because the team philosophy is a 2 TE attack. Some fluke Fat Thor type injury could deplete our TE fleet during camp and derail the entire offensive season plan.

At this point, we wait. There will be a late gem down the road. Focus on draft and hit it right. No experimental projects B.S.
I hope they sign Guy first then whatever else they can sign with the dwindling cap space.
Will need 3 million for rookies and BB likes to keep a stash for in season accusations
Not sure what we have left but it has been a great week and any other signings is music to my ears

It's been quite a week. As I look to Day 5, I would hope to see a RB soon, and possibly another WR.

Also, we could see LeCosse cut.
I keep reading that BB is building the 2021 team for 12 personnel - 2 TE,2 WR and 1 RB.

The 4th RB should be a dual threat. Sony (2) and Harris (1) have primarily been ground guys. JJ Taylor (3) we have not seen what he can do. Bolden (5) is mostly special teams, but when called upon has pulled his own weight recieving and rushing.

Or BB could trade LaCosse to Houston for a 6 round pick..

On a serious note the Pats could use their draft picks to fill and supplement some of their holes or use some of the draft capital to move up for a QB (Jones or Lance) or wait and try to pick up Mills in later rounds...

There are a lot of FA's hanging around waiting for that call.. it seems slow up to this part of Free Agency.. would like to see White back and possibly Guy

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back