PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: Randy Moss waived by Vikings [mergedx19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Randy Moss Waived by Vikings(merged X3)

If claimed, the new team picks up the remaining $3.6 million for the remaining 9 games.

Last edited:

Is he just done?

somewhere in Cleveland, Fatratgini is desperately trying to call Randy to join the Browns...

IMO he slides down the waiver list all the way to the Bears, who, with Mike Martz's unlimited ego, is convinced that they can control him.

Poor vikings fans

Vikings Message Board.Com - View topic - Moss waived by Vikings?

Another part of this, if he is claimed, the team claiming him is on the hook for his salary. If he clears waivers, Vikings will remain on the hook for his salary regardless where he plays.

Twitter - Adam_Schefter Randy Moss must go through waivers. Any team can claim him and his contract. If unclaimed, Vikings will pay contract + Moss can double dip.

Re: Randy Moss Waived by Vikings

I think he's coming back. He's going to refuse to play for any other team other than New England.

The question then becomes is Moss allowed to refuses a waiver claim. Because if he is not, there is no doubt the Jets will claim him and bench him for the remainder of the year just to keep him away from us. I mean they traded a 7 th rounder for KOC just to find out our gameplan.

the waiver wire is gonna be extremely interesting this week. TAKE THAT, TRENT EDWARDS.

Just picture this:
Moss, Tate, Welker, Branch, Edelman.

That would easily be the most talented WR group in the NFL.

Add to that Gronk, Hernandez, and Crumpler at TE.
BJGE and Woodward at HB.

Can we say - let's make a run at breaking the scoring record? Just saying... :D

From a Vikings fan on the Vikings forum-

****, it's Monday and we're still being outcoached by Belichick

:singing::rofl::rofl::rofl:

31 teams know Moss wants to be in NE. Why put in the waiver claim for someone who doesn't want to be there?

I would welcome Moss back.Welker hasnt been the same since he left.:rolleyes:

Hey, I say bring him back if you can. Obviously no hard feelings on his part and he's showed he can thrive here.

That said, I can't imagine he makes it through waivers, far too many teams with big needs at WR who still consider themselves contenders. Chicago, Washington, San Diego, KC just to name a few.

Kharmic revenge for the Joe Kapp fiasco?!?

Last edited:
I think he will go unclaimed. 2 teams have given up on him this year, my guess is a lot of the league will be scared to pick him up

Some posts from Vikings forums:

On the bright side, the Hershal Walker trade no longer looks like the stupidest trade in history...

****, it's Monday and we're still being outcoached by Belichick

If true... L O L.

Childress is on a one way street to UNEMPLOYMENT.

God, almost worth losing him to get rid of that buffon HC.

I must say this is a disgusting move by Childress and the Vikings. I don't care if he kicked Chili in the balls, he was just sayingg what the rest of us were feeling. And now we are short a WR because of it and our offense will be terrible at best. He didn't catch much but the defenses totally played us differently with him here, and it opened up things for Harvin, Shaincoe, and AD.

Screw you Childress, go to hell. I will see tyou there and I will kick your bald head all the way to the end of the universe you snot rag.

If Percy's not healthy and can't play, then Favre should just retire. There is no reason for him to sacrifice his body for a bunch of morons who don't know what a football is or is supposed to do.

This is just quality. Now we wait to see if anyone is willing to pay the remaining $6 million on his contract.

I dunno. I can see Moss coming back. I was fine with trading him, but if this really is an epiphany... why the heck not?

would every other team in the NFL pass on him?

I think not... and even if they wanted to, one of the other playoff contenders would claim him just to keep him from coming back to the Patriots... they might keep him on the bench even, but it would be worth it just to keep him from rejoining the Patriots for the playoffs.

If this were pre-trading deadline I'd think that any smart team would claim him and see if they can get a draft pick from the Pats in return, but that's not going to happen now.

Childress is clearly trying to show that (after Favre) he's the boss. A worthwhile effort but probably not enough for him to keep his job post-season.

Looks like Belichick did indeed get the last laugh trading Moss to his "friend" Childress while getting ripped off by "only" getting a 3rd round pick for such a short term rental

Then he sits. I think this was owner driven since Chilly stated at 11AM he had allowed Randy to remain in NE because he had family there and he would be back in Minnesota on Wednesday. Hours later he was waived...

I can really see him sitting.

He's coming home. guaranteed. He gushed over the Pats "I gotta worry about my family".. This is your family:rocker::rocker::singing::eek::D:):p

would every other team in the NFL pass on him?

I think not... and even if they wanted to, one of the other playoff contenders would claim him just to keep him from coming back to the Patriots... they might keep him on the bench even, but it would be worth it just to keep him from rejoining the Patriots for the playoffs.

If this were pre-trading deadline I'd think that any smart team would claim him and see if they can get a draft pick from the Pats in return, but that's not going to happen now.

Childress is clearly trying to show that (after Favre) he's the boss. A worthwhile effort but probably not enough for him to keep his job post-season.

Looks like Belichick did indeed get the last laugh trading Moss to his "friend" Childress while getting ripped off by "only" getting a 3rd round pick for such a short term rental

I have no idea. But whatever team claims him is taking a huge risk if he only wants to play for NE.

31 teams know Moss wants to be in NE. Why put in the waiver claim for someone who doesn't want to be there?

I could see teams putting in the claim to keep Moss from N.E., or to improve their team. Now, whether that press conference scared 30 teams enough that they won't pay the $6 million remaining is what we'll find out in about 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes