PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi on McDaniels and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
The National Football Post | Notes From Lombardi

1. I hear the Cowboys are not sweating the notion of losing Jason Garrett to another team as a head coach. They are actually hoping this might happen.

2. I hear the Broncos were not enamored or impressed with Steve Spagnuolo and he does not seem to be the frontrunner. However, they were very impressed with Josh McDaniels of the Patriots, and he might be the favorite now. The Broncos might be on a fast track to hire a coach this week. Moving up the Raheem Morris interview means they might want to move quickly.

3. I hear — and keep hearing — it is Eric Mangini’s job in Cleveland, and he is already assembling a staff.

Cleveland chews up and spits out coaches faster and fiercer than just about any other city. Mangini needs some luck in this one.

Want to bet that Romeo will be on Tubby's staff?

i wont be too surprised if mangini does decently well in cleveland.

i wont be too surprised if mangini does decently well in cleveland.
I'll be surprised. Everyone compares him to Belichick with the being fired the first time then coming on strong the second time but he doesn't have half the resume Belichick did. His new team has some talent but is also a mental mess plus he's in a tough division. The only thing he really has going for him is by inheriting Romeo's team he gets the type of defensive players he needs; in theory, anyway, they didn't play well in Romeo's defense.

I can't wait to see Eric's staff ;) Cleveland's a disaster, not in terms of players but just in terms of total Chaos lol. And on top of that they diss RAC then go after Eric Mangini, who may end up keeping RAC after all. Meanwhile they're still a mess and no matter what happens there it's going to take a lot to convince me Eric Mangini's anything other than what he has appeared to be since he became a HC, and that is a Losah. End of story.

Hey - a Patriots Defensive Coordinator as Head Coach and a Ravens Front office guy as GM. Seems like a proven combination.

What could possibly go wrong?

Hey - a Patriots Defensive Coordinator as Head Coach and a Ravens Front office guy as GM. Seems like a proven combination.

What could possibly go wrong?

You left out the Eric Mangini part. He'll find a way to screw it up,just watch and see. As a HC he's been a joke, nevermind all his BB fixations and naming his kids after players etcetc. He's got issues plain and simple,plus he's accomplished squat as HC. His own players had problems with him and now he's going to swoop in and save a hornet's nest? :pigsfly:imho. BB must be losing sleep already:D

Tough spot. Limited draft picks this year. Some older players at high cap numbers. And most important, a tough division with two established organizations that are consistently good.

Didn't BB go back to being a coordinator to lick his wounds and re-group?

Rat boy and the Browns are skipping a step. They think lightning is going to strike twice.

Out of the pan and into the fire....dumbasses.

Didn't BB go back to being a coordinator to lick his wounds and re-group?
I think the year back with Parcells did help Belichick; not that a year back with Belichick is an option for Mangina ;)

Regardless, Mangina just doesn't have the football resume Belichick had. Never did and never will.

I think the year back with Parcells did help Belichick; not that a year back with Belichick is an option for Mangina ;)

Regardless, Mangina just doesn't have the football resume Belichick had. Never did and never will.

Wasn't Belichick back with Parcells for 4 years? One in New England. 96 AFC Champs.
Then, 3 yrs with NYJ 97-99.

I must be in the minority here but I think the Jets made a mistake by firing Mangini.
He's a young coach who is learning and he'll be a better coach if given another chance.
I mean 9-7 and 10-6 is not bad for a guy's first 3 years.

Last edited:
I must be in the minority here but I think the Jets made a mistake by firing Mangini.
He's a young coach who is learning and he'll be a better coach if given another chance.
I mean 9-7 and 10-6 is not bad for a guy's first 3 years.

mangini's game mgmt skills arent too good .problem is he is too young to get an experienced staff or tell an inexperienced staff what to adjust. i think mike tannenbaum has really created some cap hell for the jets esp if favre comes back which jets fans dont realize.

Wasn't Belichick back with Parcells for 4 years? One in New England. 96 AFC Champs.
Then, 3 yrs with NYJ 97-99.
Yep. And I'm a moron :)

I so Patriots-centric I only remembered '96.

mangini's game mgmt skills arent too good .problem is he is too young to get an experienced staff or tell an inexperienced staff what to adjust. i think mike tannenbaum has really created some cap hell for the jets esp if favre comes back which jets fans dont realize.

I really think Favre was the problem with the Jets.
I do believe Favre was forced on Mangini by the Jets FO.
Now they want to blame their coach for their perceived shortcomings.
Really asinine but....it couldn't happen to a nicer team.:p

Want to bet that Romeo will be on Tubby's staff?

Isn't he due another 8 million??, if so 4 million for a D coordinator is high.. why would Crennel do this?? Usually if you take another job, the old salary no longer exists??

Cleveland chews up and spits out coaches faster and fiercer than just about any other city. Mangini needs some luck in this one.

Well, if it means being chewed up and spit out, I wish him luck with that.

Isn't he due another 8 million??, if so 4 million for a D coordinator is high.. why would Crennel do this?? Usually if you take another job, the old salary no longer exists??

I think the new salary offsets the old salary and reduces what is owed by the former employer...usually IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down