PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: Cardinals want a 3rd for Boldin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cardinals want a 3rd for Boldin

This guy may be the toughest WR in the league. He broke his friggin' face and came back and played shortly thereafter. And he's proven to be a great 1a/1b/2.

I don't have to say it, do I?

This guy may be the toughest WR in the league. He broke his friggin' face and came back and played shortly thereafter. And he's proven to be a great 1a/1b/2.

I don't have to say it, do I?

Hmmmm, so you're saying....

signing_contract_v2.jpg

beast.jpg

If the Cardinals want a 3rd, I say give them the Pats 2nd, Thomas, and one of the 7th rounders (since the Pats are probably getting another 3-4 comps) and get Boldin and the Cards 3rd *GRIN*

Then the Pats have a 3rd rounder to use.

Pats don't like to shell out big bucks for players 30 or over. Boldin is an outstanding player. Would love to see him here. The fact is that hes had some nagging injuries these past 3 years. IMO his age can't be overlooked.

This is a good point. Depending on the price of course. I know he has struggled with a hamstring injury for much of his career. Here is his stats. Something to keep in mind is that he has a rep as a tough player, so how often was he out there not 100%.
Anquan Boldin

This is a good point. Depending on the price of course. I know he has struggled with a hamstring injury for much of his career. Here is his stats. Something to keep in mind is that he has a rep as a tough player, so how often was he out there not 100%.
Anquan Boldin

Great numbers. No debate there.

Sign the........:p

Last edited:

That 3rd round pick they gave up for Burgess looks pretty bad right now.

you dont have to pay burgess 7-10 mil per season, thats why boldin will only command a 3rd. and hes always injured anyways

Agreed! This is the Welker trade all over again.

Yes, Yes, and ummmm Yes! A 3rd rounder, that's all for that guy? I know he'll want a contract soon but this is a no brain-er I would think?

he wants Fitzgerald, money 10 million. that's wey the cards only want a 3rd pick. for him and he has not played a full 16 games in the last 4 years.

but if the pats can make it work ( trade for the beast ) :D

I wish we could get him for #53, but we'd have to do it fast. Adam Schein of SNY and Sirius NFL said talks are VERY positive with the Jets trading Kerry Rhodes to the Cards straight up which would be a nightmare considering they'd probably try and get Antrel Rolle too via FA.

:bricks:

Last edited:

he wants Fitzgerald, money 10 million. that's wey the cards only want a 3rd pick. for him and he has not played a full 16 games in the last 4 years.

but if the pats can make it work ( trade for the beast ) :D
That pretty much sums it up.
Boldin is probably worth a first, but his injuries drop him down to a 2nd, and what he wants to get paid drop his trade value to a 3rd. Regardless, I'd say he's worth that; now the Pats just need to make another trade so they can send a 3rd to Arizona. Couldn't they just say they'll get them a 3rd, and if they don't they'll send them a 2011 2nd & a 2010 6th?

If he wants 10M, then he's not worth a 7th, because he's not worth that contract.

:bricks:

Great player, but I fear his body is broken.

Putting a first round tender on Breaston and a third on Boldin speaks volumes and raises more questions about hs longevity.

Has he suffered from concussions?

Go go go

sign him

Great player, but I fear his body is broken.

Putting a first round tender on Breaston and a third on Boldin speaks volumes and raises more questions about hs longevity.

Has he suffered from concussions?

I'm pretty sure he had a concussion when his face was broken...but I'm not sure if he had another one before.

If we can get him for $7MM a year, we should do it.

By the time he is 34 and slowing down, Brady's would be 38, and probably ready to hang it up. So the next 4 years is the last best window for both these guys. Playing with Brady next 4 years could send Boldin to HOF. I can not imagine a better deal for Boldin, Brady or Pats organization.

We gave up a 2nd for Welker; Boldin should be worth a 1st round (for not for the high salary).

Give them 53, and throw in Adalius just to keep him from Tubby.

Then sign Boldin for like 3/22.

You want to repeat that in english?

It makes total sense. He is asking what the draft position value is of trading down to the Cardinals position in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes