SOURCE:WEEI

SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

LOL at Sean Payton

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Viper652, Jan 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29,349
    Preach on brother.

I am not exaggerating when I say Brees is firmly planted in P. Manning territory but in some ways worse. He faces zero criticism from mainstream or national press for his failures. He looks superhuman while annihilating teams in the regular season and even shows off doing it. When the postseason starts, you can see a visible change in his facial expression and attitude. The guy is like a scared little boy out there. He misses easy passes. He fails to make the same plays that Brady makes to put games away, but I think there are about 15 QBs that would have won at least one ring with the Saints over the past three seasons. He doesn’t need to be Brady...just decent...with all those weapons and a great offensive line.

I cannot believe how he avoids the same criticism as Rodgers when he has to do much less and has much more to work with. He his basically handed touchdowns and huge gains by scheme/talent alone. He is handed completion percentages over 70% with such easy dump offs. As soon as the going gets tough, he reveals himself to be the ultimate front runner and dare I say real “system QB” in its negative sense. That is, if the coaches and supporting cast can’t completely embarrass a defense, he is exposed as a phony.

The celebrations and 29/30 hot dogging, to me, is one of the more nauseating things in sports. What a phony, staged sht show of an event designed to jam him down our throats and trick us into believing we’re seeing greatness. The guy is not a top-10 all time QB and probably not top 15. He’s a front running stat padder who is so over protected and over coddled that it’s gotten to the point of absurdity.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. BigEZPatsFan76

BigEZPatsFan76 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +274

Great points, as I have mentioned to them, just imagine Drew Brees losing Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, their TE (Brooks, I believe), and Taysom Hill, ALL IN THE SAME SEASON !!! Well, that is about what TB12 lost this year from the season opener in September till now. Let Brees lose all that weaponry, not to mention, have your offensive line be nothing more than glorified subway turnstiles like this one was, and lets see how Drew Brees and the Saints fare. My guess is they would be about a 5-11 team. Imagine what TB12 could do, if at any point he had weapons like that sorrounding him. TB12 has done way more with way less than any other QB I can think of.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.