PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Locking and removing threads and stifling discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffins

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So yesterday I posted in the Belichick criticism mega-thread that BB might be on the hot seat after another losing season and that thread was locked.

I made a new thread asking why this thread is being locked for the 3rd time? And why does Ian have to intervene repeatedly to unlock it. And that thread was deleted.

What is the sensitivity here? Is the Patsfans.com business under threat? Is Belichick paying for this site? What is this love affair with all things Belichick that you guys are locking and deleting threads left, right and center.

i assume this thread will be deleted shortly as well?

Might as well call this site Patsfans Xinjiang and this forum a “detention center” for the re-education of those of us who feel Emperor Belichick can make a mistake.

This is absurd.

Last edited:
So yesterday I posted in the Belichick criticism mega-thread that BB might be on the hot seat after another losing season and that thread was locked.

I made a new thread asking why this thread is being locked for the 3rd time? And why does Ian have to intervene repeatedly to unlock itAnd that thread was deleted.

What is the sensitivity here? Is the Patsfans.com business under threat? Is Belichick paying for this site? What is this love affair with all things Belichick that you guys are locking and deleting threads left, right and center.

Might as well call this site Patsfans Xinjiang and this forum a “detention center” for the re-education of those of us who feel Emperor Belichick can make a mistake.

This is absurd.
You are correct. This site does not align with your idea of how it should operate. You should find a new one.

Isn't this something that should be taken offline with mods and Ian. To continually create new threads is a little bit desperate. Nothing a little 1 to 1 communication wouldn't fix. I managed a message board for years and I've been here for a long time and in my experience I don't necessarily think there is an agenda here with any of the mods. Just a lot of people getting their corsets twisted up.

I vote to keep patriot related threads open. I didn’t participate in the last one. Doesn’t mean it should be locked.

Anyone has the option to either figuratively or literally ignore a thread. Use it.

The topic is obviously something to discuss so no problem with that but 101 pages eclipsing 81 pages of the N'Keal harry thread is just tedious and I dont know what it is trying to prove. The new season cant come quick enough. There is some excellent debate on this forum and I am educated every day I visit the forum but sometimes I wonder why some posters / topics go on ad nauseam

I vote to keep patriot related threads open. I didn’t participate in the last one. Doesn’t mean it should be locked.

Someone has the option to either figuratively or literally ignore a thread. Use it.
Theres a balancing act though. If someone is just going on with the same point over and over and over then it just ruins what decent (and unfortunately ever decreasing) conversation. So often on this forum threads are reduced to ad hominem or straw man discussions. It really is disappointing how some threads spiral here.

I don't necessarily agree with the decision to lock or remove threads, but this is a free to use site and only thing you have to do to post here is agree to follow the rules Ian and his moderators decide. You can come to this board for free and post all you want. Donating to it is optional. So Ian and his moderators can run it any way they choose to. If you don't agree, you can either suck it up or move along.

If I was running this site, no thread would be locked and people could post what they wanted as long as they follow a certain guideline of deceny and respect. But I am not running this site. So I will defer to the moderators.

Isn't this something that should be taken offline with mods and Ian. To continually create new threads is a little bit desperate. Nothing a little 1 to 1 communication wouldn't fix. I managed a message board for years and I've been here for a long time and in my experience I don't necessarily think there is an agenda here with any of the mods. Just a lot of people getting their corsets twisted up.

Corsets twisted up about what? Why so sensitive to criticism of Belichick and his front office decisions. What's so sacrosanct about that?

I don't necessarily agree with the decision to lock or remove threads, but this is a free to use site and only thing you have to do to post here is agree to follow the rules Ian and his moderators decide. You can come to this board for free and post all you want. Donating to it is optional. So Ian and his moderators can run it any way they choose to. If you don't agree, you can either suck it up or move along.

Yes. What you say is self-evident. What other option is there?

Yes. What you say is self-evident. What other option is there?

There are several other popular Patriots related message boards on the Internet (at least there were several years ago). I won't post their names here out of respect to Ian. Maybe they would allow threads like these to remain going no matter how out of control they get.

There are several other popular Patriots related message boards on the Internet (at least there were several years ago). I won't post their names here out of respect to Ian. Maybe they would allow threads like these to remain going no matter how out of control they get.

I meant what other option is there but to accept the Warden's wrath.

I made a new thread asking why this thread is being locked for the 3rd time? And why does Ian have to intervene repeatedly to unlock it. And that thread was deleted.

This is absurd.
wow, so dramatic

I meant what other option is there but to accept the Warden's wrath.

Unfortunately, when you get to post on this site for free, there is no other option.

If there is an issue with an over zealous moderator, then Ian can deal with that. As someone else said, you should probably DM Ian and discuss it with him. But if the moderator who locks or removes a thread is in within his or her powers, then we just have to deal with it.

Calm down dude. There was a generalized BB criticism thread that went for over 100 pages and pretty much had run its course. The arguments were just going round and round. I did not lock it, but I can see the reasoning behind it. I don't understand the purpose of keeping such a thread open whose sole purpose seems to be to crap on the HC/GM of the team you are here as a fan of. I wouldn't expect to be able to go to ChiefsPlanet and be allowed to open a "Andy Reid sucks" thread and have it go indefinitely. At a certain point it just has no value.

I welcome you to open a thread regarding something more specific, like a move Belichick has made, and your take on it. Threads without a real purpose usually get removed, anyway, so this still falls under that umbrella.

If you want an unfocused playground in which to trash BB, the best you're probably going to get going forward is a thread in the Pub section, if that. Or, y'know, a Jete forum. They would probably love ya.

As @resdubwhite said - if you take issue with moderating or administrative action here, please speak to the relevant folks - making a new thread complaining about your last thread being closed over and over will eventually just get you a suspension or a ban. Be mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back