PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Link) That same shady Colts ballboy who measured the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That really IS suspicious, especially where their"ballboy" looks to be 50 years old. You can't help but notice that he immediately gives it to someone else, who takes the ball further from the sidelines, while the "ballboy" retreats to his original position, looking like the cat who swallowed the canary.

There is no earthly reason of him to act that way. He literally took the ball out of Williams hands. WHY would he act that way?.....unless there was something about that ball that they didn't want getting out.

WOW again! that clip needs to get spread, and while we know it will never be shown on BSPN, other media whores looking to create contraversy where there probably is none, will at least start asking questions and demanding answers from the Colt organization. The possibility of breaking a story with that much irony is just TOO juicy for the ordinary mediot to pass up.

well that right there is more evidence of ball tampering then the nfl had with the patriots. wheres the fines, lost picks, and massive suspensions?

Thorton makes one mistake. He calls him a ball boy but ball boys don't travel. So he must be an equipment guy which makes it more suspicious

What official role does the guy in the orange "X" have? He winds up with the ball.

There's not much that can be done to footballs to make them illegal. If any substance was on the balls, the officials would notice. As for inflating/deflating the balls, I highly doubt any team is doing that after this past offseason. It certainly looks bizarre, but maybe they spend a lot of time prepping the balls and they just don't want to lose one if they don't have to.

Regardless, nobody will care, it's just the Colts

Thorton makes one mistake. He calls him a ball boy but ball boys don't travel. So he must be an equipment guy which makes it more suspicious
Thornton's mistake was not including 30+ unnamed sources. He should have at least included league sources say they will investigate. That would get picked up and the NFL would have to either investigate or deny the rumor they were ever going to investigate.

I'm not going to hold my breath for this story to gain traction. The Patriots are held to a different standard than the rest of the league. It would make a good internet meme though if there weren't half a dozen butts in the way of a decent screenshot.

Someone send it to Florio.

Two can play the "he said, she said" game....

That is unusual behavior. It's not like the ball rolled away from Williams and he was letting it go. Williams was trying to pick the ball up when the Colts guy dove on it.

Given the complaint by Jacksonville that Colts ball boys would hide needles in their sleeves to doctor footballs, I wonder what the PSI of that ball was. I wonder if Williams felt the ball was "spongy."

If only someone in the media would jump to conclusions and make things up about the Colts based on this incident.

Then again, the NFL could apply the same "logic" that they did with the Panthers warming footballs on the sidelines in Minnesota: We have clear evidence that this violation occurred. There was no question about what was being done and who was doing it. Therefore, it is much less serious than an event we're not even sure occurred.

An unnamed but knowledgeable source told me that the Colts pump their balls up with hydrogen rather than air. Hydrogen is half the weight of Helium and is much lighter than air.

When asked about it, an unnamed Colts equipment personal stated:

"This is completely legal as the rule only specify PSI (Pounds Per Square Inch of pressure) not which gas should be used to reach this PSI! We had experimented with nitrous oxide but the owner kept huffing the ball."

He went on to say

"The lighter balls achieved with Hydrogen may help explain some of the floaters Luck has thrown such as the one in the video being discussed. " and "The ball boy grabbed the ball as we don't want other teams stealing our secrets."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes