PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Likely no TB12 tonight vs Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

I really can't see him playing in week 4 so I guess week 3 will be the only time we'll see Tom in the preseason....

why wouldn't he play week 4? I bet he sees significant playing time, or at the very least until they pull the starting o line out.

surprise_meter.jpg

why wouldn't he play week 4? I bet he sees significant playing time, or at the very least until they pull the starting o line out.

I could be wrong but I can't see it. Preseason Week 4 is an audition where guys who play are on the bubble and many will probably be back to bagging groceries the next week. I will be surprised if the Patriots play him in any meaningful time in that kind of environment.

Bummer! I was looking forward to seeing at least a series from the G.O.A.T.!

But what does little to no mean? Could it mean that they might decide to at least put him out there for a series?

I really can't see him playing in week 4 so I guess week 3 will be the only time we'll see Tom in the preseason....

I highly doubt we'll see him week 3. Thats the dress rehearsal and JG needs to start and run the first team. And BB isn't going to send TB out behind the 3rd stringers. For that matter, Brisset needs all the snaps he can get. Besides which, it isn't going to be very useful to TB to play limited snaps right before sitting out 5 weeks. I don't think we'll see him at all this preseason.

Well Curran says he's starting.

These guys should probably worry less about being first and just get it right.

No Edelman either, according to reports. I like the sound of that.

Keyed saying he will play, referencing Howe as well. Welcome to the Twitter age.

Wonder if Brady plays game 4 to get ready. They wouldn't be able to rest starters so it'd be difficult.

The way the OL plays last game I would not be inclined to have Brady in for very long. Also he will be playing with only 1 of his top weapons so it will not be great practice.

As rochrist said, I doubt any snaps this preseason will be of benefit to TB in week 5. I'm also thinking he will have another matter to attend to next week for the dress rehearsal as the team needs to get used to not having his leadership/presence on the sideline at all.

As rochrist said, I doubt any snaps this preseason will be of benefit to TB in week 5. I'm also thinking he will have another matter to attend to next week for the dress rehearsal as the team needs to get used to not having his leadership/presence on the sideline at all.

IIRC, in 2008 they wouldn't have Brady at the games. No reason for the camera to turn to him every time the back-up threw an incompletion.

Mike Lynch on Channel 5 just said he's been told Brady will play briefly tonight. We'll see.

Really??? Cut his thumb, or just a convenient injury...?

No threads been dedicated to the thumb slice ordeal.

Bizarre..

Doh.

You had a shot at best Patriots clickbait title since Brady debuted.

Thread title - Breaking news: Brady cut! Will miss preseason game two!

I bet you one person goes to look if Tom Brady was cut from the team. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes