PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's talk TEs

Status
Not open for further replies.
$5 million for 700 yards, 5-6 TDs is reasonable. We're never going to get Gronk production (8-10 TDs, 1000 yards) plus excellent blocking out of anyone.
I'm good with that

Gronk is so awesome that there is a possibility they thought putting a guy in his place that is not Gronk, even if a good prospect, would do no good, possibly have Brady forcing the ball to a guy that is not up to the task. It's better to redesign the offense, and if Gronk comes back, they catch up in a minute.

I'm all in for getting another WR early today.

If he is still around when the Pats have their 4 7th picks, Zack Gentry from Michigan could be interesting. He is 6'8" with good hands(former QB) and could use some time in the weight room and work on his blocking technique, but I think he is worth a look.

At this point, given what is left and what is currently on the roster, I agree that taking a late round chance on a raw player with high upside makes sense. Someone like Gentry or Parham would fit the bill.

FB555E23-7155-4E32-91FC-6F4216C1813E.jpeg

Are any of our current TEs excellent blockers? Or anyone available via draft or trade? I feel we need one given our running game emphasis.

Yeah 5m seems fair. Not as good of a blocker as Allen but 10x in the passing game

I agree. However, the wisearse in me must point out that 10x zero is zero.

Just heard Winovich told BB he can play TE for him.. so maybe Billy quietly drafted one already ;)

I think 5m would be a fair place. Hell just convert some of it incentives and give him a shot at earning it all back with a great season.

As always good luck making them agree to a paycut.

Rudolph wants a new contract as much as the new team will want restructure/extension.
None of the 7.6M is guaranteed. Plenty of leverage/flexibility to work with.

The situation seems simple. After Hockensen and Fant, we confirmed the original plan to sign or trade for a veteran. We could draft one of those left to compete with LaCosse for the 3rd roster spot.

2/3 of the league has nothing special at tight end it seems.

But then only 31/32 of the teams don't go to the super bowl every year.

I think ASJ is going to surprise some people. The question for me is whether or not they'd be better situated with Rudolph & ASJ at TE. Money and draft pick cost aside, the answer is yes. I don't think they have to make the move but I trust the FO to know best. Of course, I'm probably higher on ASJ than most.

I think we'll see a trade.

Are any of our current TEs excellent blockers? Or anyone available via draft or trade? I feel we need one given our running game emphasis.
Izzo was drafted a blocker, but he spent his rookie year on IR.

We could take a shot at Smith. Many had him in 2nd. Moreau also is well thought of. I could see either of these as our 3rd TE.

Is Dax Raymond still available?

i think we are rolling with what we have at TE. My gut feeling is Gronk will take the year off and come back the following year.

I don't think anyone is going to replace Gronk in any capacity. A future hall of famer and one of the best TE to ever play the position. Maybe Shockey in his prime (though not the same blocker) or other hall of famers. But to expect anyone to come in and replace what Gronk could do and make look easy is not going to happen imho...

The guy I like is FOSTER MOREAU. According to this NFL.com profile:
Moreau is a feisty, committed run-blocking tackle (I think they meant TE) with solid technique and footwork to find proper angles in-line or on the move. He's tough enough to battle at the point of attack, but at his best when he's a lead blocker on iso, wham blocks, and outside zone with his ability to locate and land on second-level targets.

The knock on him is his receiving. But he ran a 4.66. Gronk ran a 4.68 so I think this guy is fast enough. Could have potential to develop as a receiver but start off as a blocker. Depth guy with potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes