PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's talk about that McCourty pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I was at the game so I got to see the whole pre snap action and then the play. Let me just say it was thing a beauty.

Pre snap there seemed to be a little confusion they had Hopkins in the slot and I think a back split outside him. We had Rowe, Ninko, and McCourty over the top. There appeared to be some initial confusion which is what got my attention. Then we realigned McCourty initial stepped up to the back Kicking Rowe inside to Hopkins but quickly dropped back again. Meaning Rowe went back outside and nink was back on Hopkins.

They went in motion and lined up in a stack. Didn't have time or maybe didn't need to adjust.

Ball snapped. Clearly Brock thought Hopkins on nink was the mismatch problem was Nink wasn't in man and had passed him off to the next level and that was McCourty who absolutely read the play and jumped route.

Would love to know exactly what McCourty did/saw presnap and exactly how he/they were able to bait him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back