PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Pay Andrews

I know coaches see it as guys should be able to play both sides of the center.

I know guys I have played with that are better taking on blockers from their right first versus their left.

as a fullback, I preferred taking in guys attacking me on the left side as opposed to the right side.
At the nfl level that shouldn’t be a big deal. I was referring to the belief that a LG has different responsibilities abs skill sets than a rg.

At the nfl level that shouldn’t be a big deal. I was referring to the belief that a LG has different responsibilities abs skill sets than a rg.

the differences I know that drive guys crazy is blocking, combo blocking and stunt pickup responsibilities.

the differences I know that drive guys crazy is blocking, combo blocking and stunt pickup responsibilities.
But it’s all the same thing you just have to adjust a little.

LG and RG are basically the same position now. There are not different skill set and responsibilities on the left vs the right.
Of course there are.

Of course there are.
Nah, both lg and rg need to do the same thing the old days of pass blockers on the left and run blockers on the right are history.

agreed! I’d rather have the fourth or fifth round competition pick next year!
I’d rather sign a different C. Andrews is a mediocre and a health/injury risk. No way I’d overpay under those circumstances.

I’d rather sign a different C. Andrews is a mediocre and a health/injury risk. No way I’d overpay under those circumstances.

i wish he would retire rather than risk health issues down the road.

I think he is an amazingly smart center who makes all the correct calls. However he is a bit under sized and does not generate much push in the run game,

he has benefited greatly from having thuney on the side of him.

I think he is an amazingly smart center who makes all the correct calls. However he is a bit under sized and does not generate much push in the run game,

BTW, how many available centers do you consider as good or better than Andrews.
I guess the other relevant issue is which teams will be in the market for a cetner.

Im sure his doctors have cleared him and football doesn’t greatly increase the risk of long term harm but there surely is risk of recurrence shortening or ending his career.

personally I think “amazingly smart” is an exaggeration and a common reference to well liked physical limited players.

BTW, how many available centers do you consider as good or better than Andrews.
I guess the other relevant issue is which teams will be in the market for a cetner.

I think only Lindsey is a better center, but under no circumstance should bb sign a veteran.

the draft is the way to go. The kid from Ohio state has all pro potential,

if bb wants a late round center, the kid from Kentucky might do as well.

Im sure his doctors have cleared him and football doesn’t greatly increase the risk of long term harm but there surely is risk of recurrence shortening or ending his career.

personally I think “amazingly smart” is an exaggeration and a common reference to well liked physical limited players.

i have yet to see Andrews screw up a line or protection call. That qualifies as amazing in my book,

i have yet to see Andrews screw up a line or protection call. That qualifies as amazing in my book,
Can you really see that from your tv? Do you really know how much is him and how much is the qb? To me that is taking something that isn’t verifiable and attributing to a guy because he’s likable.
There have certainly been numerous protection issues, and poorly blocked runs. How do you distinguish “see Andrews screw up a call” when you don’t know the process or hear the call???

Can you really see that from your tv? Do you really know how much is him and how much is the qb? To me that is taking something that isn’t verifiable and attributing to a guy because he’s likable.
There have certainly been numerous protection issues, and poorly blocked runs. How do you distinguish “see Andrews screw up a call” when you don’t know the process or hear the call???

i do not know the patriots line calls, but I have played enough football to know the difference between protection screw ups and poor pass protection.

I think only Lindsey is a better center, but under no circumstance should bb sign a veteran.

the draft is the way to go. The kid from Ohio state has all pro potential,

if bb wants a late round center, the kid from Kentucky might do as well.
when you have no one on your squad, it is very risky to draft a center and expect him to start. I'm sure there are centers that will be immediate starters. Are we the only ones looking. How likely will be able to find a an immediate starter?

Please don't suggest that we should re-sign Ferentz until the rookie ready. The Captain would get apoplectic.

when you have no one on your squad, it is very risky to draft a center and expect him to start. I'm sure there are centers that will be immediate starters. Are we the only ones looking. How likely will be able to find a an immediate starter?

Please don't suggest that we should re-sign Ferentz until the rookie ready. The Captain would get apoplectic.

didn’t Andrews and the kid from bc start as rookies?

i do not know the patriots line calls, but I have played enough football to know the difference between protection screw ups and poor pass protection.
And there have been protection screwups. Failed blitz pickups have been an issue.
But good bad or ugly, we are trying to grade a player based upon things we don’t know and making a guess. Im not saying he is good or bad at it, I’m saying we can’t judge it from our perspective. If the best thing we can say about a guy is he’s good at a cryptic skill we aren’t capable of fairly evaluating that says a lot.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back