PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Mock Draft Together by Board Consensus

Not against picking Lance, just the lack of games has me cautious. Also get the feeling there is this fear that to pass on Trey is to possibly pass on the next Mahomes!

Not against picking Lance, just the lack of games has me cautious. Also get the feeling there is this fear that to pass on Trey is to possibly pass on the next Mahomes!
I don't know about compare him to current NFL QB tbh no idea. He has all the tools i'd like to see. Needs work of course but who doesn't.
Esp. the reports about him changing the protection, adapting to defense formation are sth. to like given his experience and age. Also his effort and reported mindset are great. Don't know how Wilson is doing there

Trade up to 4 with the Falcons if Wilson gets passed up by the Jets. Trade up to 6 with the Fecals if Wilson is gone at 2 and Lance is still on the board. If neither are on the board by then, stay put at 15 and draft either Surtain or Jones (if they like him). I’m going to lean toward scenario two as being the most likely since I assume Fields will come off the board before Lance.

I think we’re at 2 apiece for Lance and Wilson if I count Kontra for Wilson.

Stay at fifteen and draft Mac Jones.
It amazes me that virtually everyone on this board has acknowledged that what made Brady great were his intangibles - the work ethic, the chip on his shoulder, his ability to read defenses, etc. Not his athleticism. So what do most of the posters want in the draft? A quarterback with great athleticism.
This x100.

Lance is an absolute film junkie, FWIW.
I know. I gotta find the all 22 thing. I know.
schitts creek facepalm GIF by CBC

First three picks are Lawrence, Fields, and Devonta Smith.
Wait does this mean that Wilson is still on the board? Can we trade up to 5 to grab him?

I'm gonna vote Wilson. I really like Lance but Wilson has the edge as a thrower of the football imo.

Besides if the Jets are dumb enough to pass on Wilson. I want to make them regret it for the rest of his career. LOL.

Scouting report of Wilson by a Jets blogger:

Last edited:
That's three votes for Zach Wilson! Here's our draft board:
Not seen in screencap, #197 & #242.
We have used the 2022 #1 as well to trade up.
Unless there's an immediate demand to try to trade into the 1st round again somehow, I'm going to let the sim run to the end of the 1st in a bit.

Capture.PNG

Unless there's an immediate demand to try to trade into the 1st round again somehow, I'm going to let the sim run to the end of the 1st in a bit.
Depends who will be there but probably not from me.

Says I need permission.
Dito, I am too afraid to click "request for access" :D
Sorry guys, it might not let you view. I thought it worked before for others but it might not. I pay a few bux for it, not much, 20-30 a month I believe. And recently they made a few changes in terms of who's running it so that might have an effect on it. Im sorry.
I get them from others and there's not even an option to share, it's taken away all together.

These work?

Sorry guys, it might not let you view. I thought it worked before for others but it might not. I pay a few bux for it, not much, 20-30 a month I believe. And recently they made a few changes in terms of who's running it so that might have an effect on it. Im sorry.
I get them from others and there's not even an option to share, it's taken away all together.

These work?

Thanks for the effort, appreciate it but unfortunately it doesn't work either..it's ok

I mean run orientated offense is a nice fit here since we will be committed to the run i guess. I understand the competition argument, but just two thoughts:
- Wentz came from the same school i think and i thought he was totally fine in his first seasons
- a lot of OSU/Bama QB's were busts even though they had the best competition
I guess no one has a sense of history anymore. Fact - Ohio State has never produced a quarterback who was even an average NFL quarterback. Fact - Alabama has produced three quarterbacks who won Super Bowls and are now in the Hall of Fame - Starr, Namath, and Stabler. And before I get any "that was a long time ago" responses, let me suggest that such posters always preface any statement they may make with "In the last two decades..."

I guess no one has a sense of history anymore. Fact - Ohio State has never produced a quarterback who was even an average NFL quarterback. Fact - Alabama has produced three quarterbacks who won Super Bowls and are now in the Hall of Fame - Starr, Namath, and Stabler. And before I get any "that was a long time ago" responses, let me suggest that such posters always preface any statement they may make with "In the last two decades..."
You won't get that response here cause i don't know anything about that history..it's just what I read several times that QB's out of Bama did not produce well in NFL.

View attachment 31495
1616454806597.jpeg

Top of the 2nd round. Here's the top of the draft board.

FYI, Lance went 6th. Mac Jones still on the board as you can see.

The options are:

Trade up to get __________
Stand pat until top of 3rd round (my default unless I hear an uproar to trade up)
Our next pick scheduled is #96.

Capture.PNG

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down