PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Extend A Couple OF Top Players

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now that we we have our quarterback on a rookie contract, let's spend some of the money consolidating the future. We need to extend our best player. It would be good to also extend Jackson. Finally, we will now need pick up the option on Wynn.

JC (Action) Jackson. He had some difficulty replacing Gilmore, last year. But he learns from his mistakes. Still learning and getting better.

As long as the Gilmore extension involves a way out if he starts declining (as players around his age tend to), I'm on board. I would sign JC to CB2 money but not CB1 money.

I'm confused why we haven't picked up the option yet. I get the injury concern but when Wynn played last year, he looked like an elite left tackle and maybe he is even better this year. If that happens and having to let him walk for a comp pick would really stink.

I wouldn't extend Gilmore. I think he is already on the way down, maybe trade him. Jackson I would but not for 15-17 million.

Today is deadline day for Wynn. Will be interesting to see what happens.
for Sony as well (but don't expect them to pick up his 5th year option)

for Sony as well (but don't expect them to pick up his 5th year option)
yep absolute zero chance for Sony. Wynn I could see it go either way. If he plays well and stays healthy, he would get big money anyway and if he doesn't, 10 million option for a guy playing half the season is rich. I could see them not picking it up and play out the season and then see what happens

yep absolute zero chance for Sony. Wynn I could see it go either way. If he plays well and stays healthy, he would get big money anyway and if he doesn't, 10 million option for a guy playing half the season is rich. I could see them not picking it up and play out the season and then see what happens
I wouldn't say 0 for Sony, $4.5 isn't huge money, but I think the odds are still pretty low they do it.

It wouldn't shock me if they don't pick up either Wynn or Sony's option. It would shock me if they pick up Sony's.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back