PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Left Tackle

We had Lowe at LT half the season. I think Okra would be better than that.
We all know how ego-driven a coaching staff can be when they sense disrespect. It might be a total over-reaction.
Even though I think Okra will be RT. Onwenu RG.
But who knows - Sow may return to RG and put your best OL at LT - you just paid Onwenu like a stud - make him work for it!

All the good free agent options drying up…

And no, if the plan is Okorafor at left tackle it’s not going to work. When I go looking for free agent options the team could possibly sign, the first thing I look for is free agents coming from a great unit and usually remove those coming from a crappy one.

The Steelers have had a crappy line for years now. The notion that Chuks is going to arrive here and magically turn over a new leaf is laughably bad one.

We were the team trading out of our first round pick last season because we knew the Steelers were desperate and would take a tackle… now we sign the guy they had that sucked and let go of.

Good grief…. all I can say is Wolf is going from needing a good draft, to needing a miracle in the draft.

Cant See New England Patriots GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Truth, I would rather have McCarthy or Nix over Penix. I do not think that Penix would be good in what I think the AVP scheme will be (similar to Browns)
Cousin,
The sleeper in the whole QB class will be Rattler. He played in the SEC and beat some good Teams for the last couple years. but he was ham-stringed (not literally) by the fact that he had 11 different OL in 2023 because of injuries and inadequacies.
(BIG THING IS HE MATURED)

Rattler played against Maye in the first game last season and despite a crushed banged up and inexperienced OL that gave up 9 sacks. Ratler threw for 353 yards! and Maye threw for 289 2 TDs and 2INTs.

Would Rattler have thrown for more with an elite OL like say Georgia or LSU?

Shane Beemer ran a pro offense at South Carolina with a young Team.. Rattler has that advantage over the other six. He also has the best arm including over Maye and Daniels and perhaps Williams, McCarthy and Nix.

Take the Vikes deal of #11 and #23 if offered but the Caveat is............ instead of another first rounder in 2025 I would ask for Jefferson , with whom the Vikes have to figure out how to pay and we have the $ to pay him. The Vikes also have $57.4mm in dead money which will stifle them.

Perhaps take a QB at #11. Double dip at QB and take Rattler at #68 if he is still there and let them compete. Get your OT behind Humpries and Chewbacca and groom him at #23. Or swap Thorton to the Saints for Trevor Penning as they both need a change of scenary. Plaus drop down at #34 and look for another valued WR and perhaps a pick in 2025?

OK, I fixed it. I am going to eat diner now while some of you stew on this.

DW Toys

If Okie Chewbacca is the LT answer they better start working on a contract extension as soon as he shows he can play LT. Ideally in training camp, if his attitude is good. Otherwise we’ll be right back here next year because he’s on a one year deal.

If Okie Chewbacca is the LT answer they better start working on a contract extension as soon as he shows he can play LT. Ideally in training camp, if his attitude is good. Otherwise we’ll be right back here next year because he’s on a one year deal.
It is a one year show-me deal

I’m. Fine with an extension as sure as think that he has a 2-3 future with us, even as a backup,

In any case, we should draft an OL in the top 40 picks.

At 34, we need to take Paul and have him sit for half a year.

As a run blocker, he is believe average.

As a pass blocker, he is the best in this draft.

3rd and 10 from our 20 yard line, who do you want at left tackle? Chewbacca? Anderson? McDermott? No way. You want Paul!!!!!

Yep, Ravens adding Jones for depth. What in the f*** are we doing.

Hopefully working on the Barmore and Judon extensions while also combing the WR trade market. Missing out on Josh Jones, I also wanted them to sign him, is not a make or break. Step back from the ledge please

Hopefully working on the Barmore and Judon extensions while also combing the WR trade market. Missing out on Josh Jones, I also wanted them to sign him, is not a make or break. Step back from the ledge please
Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

In no particular order, 2024 free agent offensive tackles and their status. Age is as of start of the upcoming season.
As you proceed down the list a lot of these players would be suitable only as a RT or swing tackle, rather than a starting LT.
DJ Humphries, Donovan Smith or David Bakhtiari would be the best options that are still available.

Trent Brown, Patriots, 31 - signed w/Bengals (1 yr)
Michael Onwenu, Patriots, 26 - re-signed with Pats (3 yrs, $57m)
Tyron Smith, Dallas, 33 - signed with Jets (1 yr, $20m)
Jonah Williams, Cincy, 26 - signed w/Arizona (2 yrs, $30m)
Jermaine Eleumunor, Raiders, 29 - signed w/NYG (2 yrs, $14m)
George Fant, Texans, 32 - signed w/Seattle (3 yrs, $27.3m)
DJ Humphries, 30, Arizona - available
Donovan Smith, Chiefs, 31 - available
David Bakhtiari, GB, 32 - available
Chukwuma Okarafor, Pitt, 27 - signed w/Pats (1 yr, $4m)
Cornelius Lucas, Wash, 33 - re-signed w/Wash (1 yr, $4m)
Andre Dillard, Titans, 29 - available
Charles Leno Jr, 32, Wash - available
Mekhi Becton, Jets, 25 - available
Cameron Fleming, Broncos, 31 - available
Chris Hubbard, Titans, 33 - available
David Quessenbery, Minn, 34 - re-signed w/Minn (1 yr, $1.9m)
Josh Jones, Texans, 27 - signed w/Ravens (1 yr)
Duane Brown, Jets, 39 - available
Billy Turner, Jets, 32 - available
Oli Udoh, Vikings, 27 - signed w/Saints (1 yr)
Brandon Parker, Raiders, 28 - available
Kendall Lamm, Dolphins, 32 - available
Michael Dunn, Browns, 30 - available
Chuma Edoga, Cowboys, 27 - available

The more mock draft simulations I do, the more the difficult decision to be made at 34 between WR and OT comes into focus.

I tend to lean WR as I think things drop off after the top of the second round.
There should still be enough good WR prospects at 68 but fewer LT prospects. Take the LT first, then the WR…

In no particular order, 2024 free agent offensive tackles and their status. Age is as of start of the upcoming season.
As you proceed down the list a lot of these players would be suitable only as a RT or swing tackle, rather than a starting LT.
DJ Humphries, Donovan Smith or David Bakhtiari would be the best options that are still available.

Trent Brown, Patriots, 31 - signed w/Bengals (1 yr)
Michael Onwenu, Patriots, 26 - re-signed with Pats (3 yrs, $57m)
Tyron Smith, Dallas, 33 - signed with Jets (1 yr, $20m)
Jonah Williams, Cincy, 26 - signed w/Arizona (2 yrs, $30m)
Jermaine Eleumunor, Raiders, 29 - signed w/NYG (2 yrs, $14m)
George Fant, Texans, 32 - signed w/Seattle (3 yrs, $27.3m)
DJ Humphries, 30, Arizona - available
Donovan Smith, Chiefs, 31 - available
David Bakhtiari, GB, 32 - available
Cornelius Lucas, Wash, 33 - re-signed w/Wash (1 yr, $4m)
Charles Leno Jr, 32, Wash - available
Mekhi Becton, Jets, 25 - available
Cameron Fleming, Broncos, 31 - available
Chris Hubbard, Titans, 33 - available
David Quessenbery, Minn, 34 - re-signed w/Minn (1 yr, $1.9m)
Duane Brown, Jets, 39 - available
Billy Turner, Jets, 32 - available
Oli Udoh, Vikings, 27 - signed w/Saints (1 yr)
Brandon Parker, Raiders, 28 - available
Kendall Lamm, Dolphins, 32 - available
Michael Dunn, Browns, 30 - available
Chuma Edoga, Cowboys, 27 - available
add andre dillard (titans) to your list - 29, available

What a ****ing cheap, lazy ****ing approach to the LT issue by this ****ing cheap, lazy FO.
I want a first rounder.

I want a swing OT.

You,d rather an overpriced old veteran for two years, if you could get one to come.

I want a first rounder.

I want a swing OT.

You,d rather an overpriced old veteran for two years, if you could get one to come.
As it is we got none of the above

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back