PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lebron James becomes part owner of Red Sox

Good for him. Nice to see him taking a break from being oppressed to buy an ownership stake in a professional baseball team.
Promote sugar water to the masses (Pepsi)................................check
Promote junk food to the masses (McDonalds).........................check
Exploit child workers in Asia (Nike)..................................................check
Bend to the will of the Chinese Communist Party (NBA).........check

Give wokeness lectures to America...................................................check

Baseball is in a sad state right now.

Their best players can walk down streets in their home town and go unrecognized.

I am NOT a baseball guy by any means. Never played it and didn't watch a full Sox game in the past two seasons. Still, it's sad to see what a sad state the sport is in. It's a slow, slow game and doesn't have the instant fan gratification that our REDZONE ERA fans long for.

This is what the Sux are to me now:

Baseball is in a sad state right now.

Their best players can walk down streets in their home town and go unrecognized.

I am NOT a baseball guy by any means. Never played it and didn't watch a full Sox game in the past two seasons. Still, it's sad to see what a sad state the sport is in. It's a slow, slow game and doesn't have the instant fan gratification that our REDZONE ERA fans long for.

Baseball in the summer, listening to it on a old school transistor radio, eight year old me sitting in the shade at the picnic table with a glass of Mom's lemonade. Can almost hear "That's another one for the Jimmy Fund!"

Don't care, it's baseball.

Right, that's the only use I have for baseball, is some 'easy listening' on the radio while in the pool.
Baseball in the summer, listening to it on a old school transistor radio, eight year old me sitting in the shade at the picnic table with a glass of Mom's lemonade. Can almost hear "That's another one for the Jimmy Fund!

I really don't understand the hate for LeBron. By all accounts he is a good family man and has done some outstanding things in the community...but if hating him is your thing, then fine (Trump America at it finest). His "ownership" has more to do with being part of the investor group that is part of the Fenway Sports Group. This group is involved in a few things...in addition to owning the Red Sox and Liverpool F.C., the LLC also owns the home stadiums for both teams (Fenway Park and Anfield) and Fenway Sports Management (which in turn owns the Salem Red Sox of the Class A Carolina League, a minor league baseball franchise), plus 80% of the New England Sports Network (NESN) and 50% of Roush Fenway Racing. Looks like a solid investment.

I really don't understand the hate for LeBron. By all accounts he is a good family man and has done some outstanding things in the community...but if hating him is your thing, then fine (Trump America at it finest). His "ownership" has more to do with being part of the investor group that is part of the Fenway Sports Group. This group is involved in a few things...in addition to owning the Red Sox and Liverpool F.C., the LLC also owns the home stadiums for both teams (Fenway Park and Anfield) and Fenway Sports Management (which in turn owns the Salem Red Sox of the Class A Carolina League, a minor league baseball franchise), plus 80% of the New England Sports Network (NESN) and 50% of Roush Fenway Racing. Looks like a solid investment.
I don’t hate LeBron at all, outside of being a Heat fan. I just can’t take him seriously when he grandstands about being oppressed as a black man in this country when he just built a doll house for his daughter that is literally the size of many middle to middle-lower class Americans’ houses. He’s made millions of dollars off of his ability to dribble a ball. I can’t think of any other country in the world where he would have that opportunity. Oh, I doubt it’s only white Trump supporters who feel that way. I’d imagine that quite a few white libs, if they’re being honest, feel that way too. Especially if they’re struggling to make ends meet.

I'm wondering if FSG is trying to get a cash infusion to buy more stuff - other teams - to hedge in anticipation of a loss of revenue from probable upcoming MLB players strike. According to the numbers cited in these Globe based pieces, the investment Lebron was part of values FSG as worth $6.8 billion, and Forbes' estimate is that the Sox are worth ~$3bn.

That being said, obviously FSG can't buy into an NBA franchise now with a current player in their ownership pool.

I'm wondering if FSG is trying to get a cash infusion to buy more stuff - other teams - to hedge in anticipation of a loss of revenue from probable upcoming MLB players strike. According to the numbers cited in these Globe based pieces, the investment Lebron was part of values FSG as worth $6.8 billion, and Forbes' estimate is that the Sox are worth ~$3bn.

That being said, obviously FSG can't buy into an NBA franchise now with a current player in their ownership pool.
They are also raising money for the lack of support in the ground for Liverpool fc who are a far bigger team than the Red Sox.

Liverpool are worth around the 2-3 billion mark themselves with a huge world wide fan base and a host of sponsors and tv deals to match.
It’s a no brainier for Lebron to be investing in these teams given the opportunity.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back