PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lawyer Milloy's Departure From Buffalo - Quotes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bresna

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
A few years back when the Patriots made the choice to let Lawyer go, he was pretty vocal about the way he was treated (or mis-treated in his eyes). Has anyone seen if Lawyer blasted the Bills or threw a few teamates under the bus on his way out of Buffalo?

I wonder if he has any regrets for what he did when he left here? Before his bridge-burning remarks, BB was quoted that Lawyer Milloy was the hardest cut he ever had to make. If Lawyer had just kept his mouth shut, he might have had a nice chance to come back for another shot at a ring. The way it went down, there's no way BB could bring him back.

Perhaps Milloy thinks that there is a difference between being cut in the first week of free agency versus being cut in the last week of free agency.

You are quite the fool if you think that Milloy's comments affect bb's business decisions. If Milloy can be had at a reasonable value for what he could be expected to add to the team, then he will be signed.

Last edited:
Milloy was past his prime when we cut him in 2003, I wouldn't want him back now.

mgteich said:
Perhaps Milloy thinks that there is a difference between being cut in the first week of free agency versus being cut in the last week of free agency.

You are quite the fool if you think that Milloy's comments affect bb's business decisions. If Milloy can be had at a reasonable value for what he could be expected to add to the team, then he will be signed.

Well it didn't exactly hurt his wallet, I am sure his family ate well after the bills contract.

Milloy is done and his play in Buffalo should prove that BB and SP were correct on his true cap value.

In MMQB Peter King reminds us of the tampering the Redskins did with Lawyer, so as far as I am concerned he got what he deserved by being greedy.

Last edited:
mgteich said:

Is it really necessary to call someone a fool when countering their comment?

mgteich said:

You imply that this was the Patriots fault. Lawyer was the reason it took so long. He was a huge cap hit that they worked to try and bring it down. Milloy agreed to it until the last minute when he backed down leaving the Patriots nothing to do but cut him. Remember, he was represented by Carl Poston, an agent not exactly known for his willingness to take a pay cut.

Mistakes were made on both sides but the ending was exactly as expected on both sides.

mgteich said:

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? Yeah, football is a business. We hear this all the time. However, football is also the ultimate team sport and when Lawyer called out several of his former teamates, he ticked off quite a few of them. Does BB really want to bring in a guy who alienated several of his former teamates? I don't think it's foolish to assume that the answer is "No".

Back to my original point, has anyone seen any articles with quotes from Lawyer on his departure from Buffalo? I searched around the Buffalo news pages but I couldn't find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes