PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Law at Celtics game: "My heart has always been with the Patriots" [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ty Law: "My Heart Is Always With The Patriots"

Maybe just Maybe watching the Patriots go 16 and 0 march thru the playoff's only to fall flat on their face in the superbowl.
Made a changed man out of him and brought back his fire.
Or Maybe watching Moss have a hall of fame comeback season when many thought he was finished.
And watching a guy that used to carry his helmet and literally his jockstrap around the field become an elite corner in this league mainly due to the scheme.
Has him looking around and thinking you know what I miss being apart of that.
Or he could be in new england to scare other teams into thinking theirs talk going on with the Patriots that really isn't.
Just to drive his price up come to think of it he did make a statement on tv.
He used to be a greedy sob dunno if he still is I hope my first thought was the correct one though.
Wouldn't you just slap yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming if Ty came back and finally finally gave that hometown discount?

In 2006 I met him at Logan Airport at the Jet Blue ticket counter. he was on his way to FLA. Hes a real character - funny guy and charismatic. If Im the PAts, I give him a 48 hr window to sign at a club friendly price or STFU and take his ass down the road.

Ty will try to get several clubs to outbid each other over the next few months, etc. Thats what he always does. I just dont feel like re-living the Ty Law Circus again.....

Maybe just Maybe watching the Patriots go 16 and 0 march thru the playoff's only to fall flat on their face in the superbowl.
Made a changed man out of him and brought back his fire.
Or Maybe watching Moss have a hall of fame comeback season when many thought he was finished.
And watching a guy that used to carry his helmet and literally his jockstrap around the field become an elite corner in this league mainly due to the scheme.
Has him looking around and thinking you know what I miss being apart of that.
Or he could be in new england to scare other teams into thinking theirs talk going on with the Patriots that really isn't.
Just to drive his price up come to think of it he did make a statement on tv.He used to be a greedy sob dunno if he still is I hope my first thought was the correct one though.
Wouldn't you just slap yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming if Ty came back and finally finally gave that hometown discount?[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head with that one. Either he really is that pathetic to come crawling back or ( SHOCKER ) hes trying to suck more money out of another team by using the Pats to get his name back out there. I cant BELIEVE that some fans actually want him back!! Mind blowing. I give you credit though for your forgiveness and short memory. I'm not as nice apparently.

anyone remember the pathetic piece by rumpswab Jason Whitlock about ty sipping chilled Grey Goose at 5AM after signing with the Chiefs? This guy is a media whore, looking to get the most $$$$.

Again, put a time limit on a CLUB FRIENDLY offer, then see you later Tejuan. LEts not waste the offseason with Ty's theatrics....

Last edited:

2 things...

1) He didn't really rip the Patriots on his way out of town. He ripped the Patriots during the spring of 2004 when he wanted to get cut and become a UFA. Belichick didn't take the bait. Once Ty finally got his way a year later, he didn't really say or do anything controversial.

2) Fortunately we have a completely emotionless coach who won't worry a darn about anything that may have happened 4 years ago, and he will simply weigh cost/benefit going forward.

Listen, if a player says that he no longer wants to be a Patriot and calls BB a liar and complains how he doesn't "feel secure" then he doesn't belong on the Patriots, IMHO. Who's next, Milloy?? No thanks.

yeah! Ty, Milloy, lets also bring back Tippett, Steve nelson, **** he'll sign a club friendly deal. These guys can run a 8.88 - Stanley Morgan, come on back its the Retro Pats Nursing Home Tour! Who needs to get faster on D :--)

Ty - come on back but make a descion ASAP - no drama queen routine for three months pitting us against 31 other clubs.

Last edited:

The complete quote was "My heart is always with the Patriots, but my wallet and my ass go to the highest bidder."

If Milloy could help the team and signed a cap-friendly deal, I would take him in a heartbeat. Same holds true for Ty. And I sure am glad the powers-that-be in Foxborough don't hold grudges or act emotionally.

Boo hoo. When players call out their coaches and their teams...I have a problem with it...but that's just me. Yeah, nice response. I'm glad they dont have ppl like me either bc we wouldn't be the Patriots! What a dumb thing to say! I'm a fan! Of course I dont belong in the FO at Foxborough. I'm emotional and hold grudges and thats ok as long as I'm a fan. They hold the key and not me. If BB and SP think Ty or some other loser is gonna help out the team...then great. I trust their opinion over anyones. I'm just saying that I PERSONALLY don't want him back to NE bc I think he's a b****. My opinion. Jesus.

Re: Ty Law: Take Your Ass Down The Road To Some Other Team

Hey, the moneyman is entertaining, if nothing else. Lets bring back the Bris - Vincent Brisby and Gino Capaletti while were at it!

I think if Law wants serious consideration for the Hall, he really should come back to the Pats and try to win another Super Bowl. He's gotta realize the money isn't going to be all that great no matter where he goes at his age. If he really feels his heart has always been with the Pats and he wants to play for a contender, he should put his money where his mouth is.

Granted, he could already have a verbal agreement for a deal in place with the Pats and just waiting to get cut. Granted that is tampering and never happens.

he was cut by KC this afternoon.

hall of Fame legacy? Ty is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Theres a possibility that Law has more value then just from a playing standpoint.
Let me elaborate here and then rip it to shreds if you'd like.
1. Ellis Hobbs becomes number 1 corner by default when the inevitable takes place. He's already an incredibly ****y guy maybe a little to confident.
Law can tell him hey man i've been there i've won the Superbowls I've got the probowls but you need to stay grounded.
2. Maybe Law coming back would be one more reason for bruschi to return instead of retire.
3.Then they are not forced to overpay or overdraft for a solid corner.
4. BB loves solid veterans this is a guy who knows the system knows what BB expects out of his player how he likes little things done.
5. Is there any coincidence the two defensivebacks that flourish here were with Law?
This is a serious question he said he was taking Eugene and ***ante under his wing.
Said ***ante was gonna be special.
Both Eugene and Assante came in and played very solid for rookies.
Now we can thank Manjudas sure but couldn't some of that been from being around a guy like Ty?
On the flipside maybe that's how ***ante became so greedy.
Either way I believe most Patriot Fans would welcome him back.
If I told you that he would of held on to that int in the superbowl and we would be 19 and 0 you would love him call him a hero!
Winning solves everything and if Ty helps us win BB will forget all and so should the fans.

Money and attitude aside, am I the only one with serious doubts about what sort of level he's capable of playing at? I havent been following his career, but then again, I have'nt heard much. Everyone one wants him back, but where? Startin CB? Nickel? Free Safety?
I think some of you are mistaking 2001 Ty Law for 2008 Ty Law.

Yeah that part of the interview did strike me as a little strange... I figured either I totally misheard what he said or it was, like, a completely made up B.S. reason to mask the fact he's really in town to visit Gillette...
Could be, but if Andy Waz is still at the B-School, then there's a connection there. Pure speculation on my part though.

Also, if memory serves, BB and Ty patched things up after Ty had publicly called him a "liar."

Re: Ty Law Is In Boston Tonight

I crunched the numbers a while ago and through this season I believe he made $1M LESS between 2004-2007 than he would have made had he just agreed to the restructured deal the Patriots offered 4 years ago had he played here all 4 years.

Thanks, MoRocks. I figured somebody had played with the numbers.

I'm not sure Law isn't jerking the Pats' chain again right now, trying to drum up some interest in his flagging career somewhere in the league by trying to make it look like the Pats are interested.

I think it was Football Outsiders that ran a feature on Law last year showing that he was one of the worst CBs in the league. Finished. Toast.

He'd probably be a good veteran backup at vet minimum...a guy who could step in and give you some snaps. But, he's no first tier corner at this stage of his career.

I'm obviously NOT a Ty Law fan but if BB and SP think he's gonna be a factor on the team, then I would welcome him back. Until that day comes, theres no way in hell. Who was talking about Gino coming back....:D I wouldnt mind. Even if he is in a nursing home by now. haha. Love Gino.

hes not a very good player right now..maybe in a zone scheme he can be good but the main reason i would want him back is veteran leadership in the DB group(besides Rodney, everyone is young). He can teach Hobbs and Meriweather some things in tighter coverage which for all we know, can be our next coverage scheme with Capers here. Hes not gonna be a replacement for Law, i would view him as a replacement for Gay as a #2 or #3 guy who can be physical and play the run well.

The Samuel replacement has to be a playmaker and very good..thats a rookie..like McKelvin or Cromartie.

he was cut by KC this afternoon.

hall of Fame legacy? Ty is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He was informed today that he will be cut on Friday. He is still technically a KC Chief.

hes not a very good player right now..maybe in a zone scheme he can be good but the main reason i would want him back is veteran leadership in the DB group(besides Rodney, everyone is young). He can teach Hobbs and Meriweather some things in tighter coverage which for all we know, can be our next coverage scheme with Capers here. Hes not gonna be a replacement for Law, i would view him as a replacement for Gay as a #2 or #3 guy who can be physical and play the run well.

The Samuel replacement has to be a playmaker and very good..thats a rookie..like McKelvin or Cromartie.

Cosigns Agree completely that's his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back