PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard push]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

If he's taking the physical, this deal is pretty much done. I'd be shocked if we pulled this thing out in the eleventh hour as I don't think he's going to leave Chicago. They're most likely throwing everything but the kitchen sink into his contract.

Ya he might as well be signing his contract while hes taking his physical.

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - draft guide, news, projections, cheatsheets, depth charts and more. Rotoworld.com

According to the Sun Times, his deal is expected to average $12 million annually with each of the first three years fully guaranteed. The Eagles and Patriots have been offering $10 million per season.

Well if all reports are true, then he's taking 2 mil less than what the Panthers was offering.

Re: Espn Pats bears eagles have offers for Peppers

only if a FA goes to foxborough and begs, do they have any kind of chance to play for the pats........they'll take the minimum and they will love it
I agree BB sucks its time to adopt the Redskins model.

The Chicago Sun Times reports that a deal between the Bears and free agent Julius Peppers "is imminent."

Peppers is currently taking a physical, and will likely sign on the dotted line shortly thereafter. According to the Sun Times, his deal is expected to average $12 million annually with each of the first three years fully guaranteed. The Eagles and Patriots have been offering $10 million per season.

10M per season wow...for a guy who has never played in a 3/4

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - draft guide, news, projections, cheatsheets, depth charts and more. Rotoworld.com

According to the Sun Times, his deal is expected to average $12 million annually with each of the first three years fully guaranteed. The Eagles and Patriots have been offering $10 million per season.

$36m guaranteed. He blows his knee in year one he's still on the books for $24m. Wow.

The Chicago Sun Times reports that a deal between the Bears and free agent Julius Peppers "is imminent."

Peppers is currently taking a physical, and will likely sign on the dotted line shortly thereafter. According to the Sun Times, his deal is expected to average $12 million annually with each of the first three years fully guaranteed. The Eagles and Patriots have been offering $10 million per season.

10M per season wow...for a guy who has never played in a 3/4

Guy can get to the QB, thats what matters most imo.

rw,

no doubt.

This deal is done. There's a reason why Peppers bolted to Chicago today and his agent told the Bears they didn't need to look over their shoulder. Although free agency was supposed to begin last night, in Peppers' case it ended last night. It seems obvious that the bids were already in and the teams were told that Peppers does not want to sit around. Clearly last night was the offer deadline, and the Patriots were outbid. Why Chicago outbid themselves by $2M per year is anyone's guess.

My guess is the Patriots went into this situation basing their offer on the salary cap. Randy Moss, in their view was worth $9M per year. Of course, at that point Moss was a proven commodity that could thrive in their system. With Peppers, the athleticism and talent is similar to Moss on offense, but he's never played in a 3-4. The Patriots probably also weighed the risk-reward that the salary cap will no longer affect them. In that case, it doesn't mean they can just be irresponsible and shell out a ton of money. My guess is, based on their evaluations, Peppers was worth somewhere between $8-8.5M per year. Because of the uncapped possibilities, and because Peppers is a unique player who rarely comes around, they probably upped the offer to $10M. The problem is, at that point they are already paying too much for Peppers, which makes it hard to justify. To outbid Chicago at $12M just doesn't make any sense...

That's just my very unofficial take on the situation. I'm sure I'm not exactly correct on the numbers, but I'll bet I'm in the ballpark.

One thing's for sure, the Bears haven't wasted any time getting out of the gate!
Pepper's, Manumaleuna, and also likely Chester Taylor.

Lovie appears to be really concerned with his job status

Chicago Bears News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - NFL - ESPN

idk.if this got posted yet but im watching the nfl network on tv.and onthe bottom line said peppers in chicago but willing to go to 2 other teams to vist

Last edited:

Well one thing should be clear, the Patriots don't have no plan.
Right because Free Agency is almost 14 hours old and we have a game on Sunday.

idk.if this got posted yet but im watching the nfl network on tv.and onthe bottom line said peppers in chicago but willing to go to 2 other teams

Yeah its been saying that for a while now, wouldnt pay too much attention to it.

idk.if this got posted yet but im watching the nfl network on tv.and onthe bottom line said peppers in chicago but willing to go to 2 other teams to vist

He's going to chicago, accept it.:(

You don't say!? :eek:

Right because Free Agency is almost 14 hours old and we have a game on Sunday.

Exactly, as I said they don't have no plan :p

So the Bears deal averages 12M per year? That's what 4/48 or 5/60?

Can't the Pats do this?
15/10/10/10/10?
5/55 is competitive, and they can front load the biggest money hit in an uncapped year.

I wish I knew more about the money details, because I don't think the Pats offer is that far apart from the Bears. It's just that he's in Chicago now. He needs to leave there without signing!

It's pretty clear he'll be a Bear now. The speed of the deal and talk from the likes of Schefter indicates Chicago have given Peppers a deal he'll have wet dreams over.

Next.

Last edited:

Can't the Pats do this?
15/10/10/10/10?
5/55 is competitive, and they can front load the biggest money hit in an uncapped year.

I wish I knew more about the money details, because I don't think the Pats offer is that far apart from the Bears. It's just that he's in Chicago now. He needs to leave there without signing!

Sadly he wouldnt be taking a physical if there wasnt a contract written up that he is going to sign.

Can't the Pats do this?
15/10/10/10/10?

He's probably bound and gagged, being waterboarde, his family have been kidnapped, being threatened with a gun, if he tries to leave without signing...:eek:

He's going to chicago, accept it.:(

okay i know this a diffrent sport but,do you remember last winter when mark teixeira was a free agent .and everybody and all the news had redsox pretty much done deal with him and out of no where the yankees talked to him and then he signed with them .

dont give up there's hope:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore