PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft wanted to serve bologna sandwiches and chips

Did I hear correctly that the Pats are selling individual game tickets to families with children for $75 for the first child and $50 for each additional child? I didn't hear the age limit. I suppose it could have been the Sox and not the Pats.

I don’t like bologna
Just imagine the player's of the 70, 80,90s what they had to endure with teams facilities.. every team isn't going to be the Taj mahal that the raiders have..

"I wasn't dissatisfied with Bill," player x said. "Bill was a coach who had his style of coaching, but with (Pete/Jerrard) and the coaching staff we have now it's a different atmosphere. It's a different way of getting things done, and both ways can work. "It just so happens that this way fits me a lot better."
That's got to be Troy Brown.

A lot of the narrative about how mean BB was and now it will be better because Mayo is nice, sound eerily similar to what was said when Parcells was replaced by Carrol. The quote below works for both situations, just pick your coach.

"I wasn't dissatisfied with Bill," player x said. "Bill was a coach who had his style of coaching, but with (Pete/Jerrard) and the coaching staff we have now it's a different atmosphere. It's a different way of getting things done, and both ways can work. "It just so happens that this way fits me a lot better."
Bill as we all know was the best to ever do it. I've always said that Jerod is his own man.. he grew up in the Belichick system as a coach and player.. that alone will be instrumental to him as his coaching career goes along. There are all kinds of ways to be successful as a HC.. in the NFL.. but I'll say this Jerod will get on guys when he feels the need too.. it won't all be Mr. Nice guy.

You started a thread about bologna sandwiches.

You might want to reread the thread title. The way English grammar sentence structure works is the subject is a noun is at the beginning followed by a verb and so forth.

But it makes sense if English is your second language, that would explain your common misunderstanding in various threads. No issue if English is your second language, that is not a criticism, I do not even have a second language.

A lot of the narrative about how mean BB was and now it will be better because Mayo is nice, sound eerily similar to what was said when Parcells was replaced by Carrol. The quote below works for both situations, just pick your coach.

Exactly

Carroll was the players equal. DEI

Terry Glenn was electric when he was on the field. Played way bigger than his 5'10" frame - very similar to Steve Smith. The problem was, he missed an average of 5 games per season from 1997-1999 and they lost critical games during his absence.

They went to the Super Bowl in 1996, but everyone knew they had the best scenario play out with the Jacksonville's massive upset in Denver. The Pats would've gotten a major beatdown had they gone back to Denver for the AFCCG.

Bill wanted Cedric Jones, Duane Clemons or Tony Brackens. Jones was off the board, so who knows if he would've taken Clemons (bust) or Brackens (had a few good years).

But the irony is after all that arguing with Kraft and eventual departure over Glenn, Parcells brings him into Dallas during his stint with the Cowboys. What a prick!
I don't think Parcels disliked Glen as a player, it was an ego thing between him and RK.

I don't think Parcels disliked Glen as a player, it was an ego thing between him and RK.
He was concerned about his durability due to his small frame. He wanted to address defense. And I agree it was an ego thing as Bill didn't like to be told what to do.

He was concerned about his durability due to his small frame. He wanted to address defense. And I agree it was an ego thing as Bill didn't like to be told what to do.
IFRC, Glenn was at the top of Bill's draft board and was BPA, but he wanted to go off the board. It was basically "why the hell have all this grading and system if you're not going to use it." It was really Parcells eff up that if he didn't want the player, he should have had him ranked lower or off the board all together. Again, FWICR, it wasn't that he wasn't shopping for the groceries, per se, it's that Parcells' own system said Glenn was the pick, and Parcells wanted to deviate. Kraft called him on his BS.

It all worked out in the end for all us Pats fans.

IFRC, Glenn was at the top of Bill's draft board and was BPA, but he wanted to go off the board. It was basically "why the hell have all this grading and system if you're not going to use it." It was really Parcells eff up that if he didn't want the player, he should have had him ranked lower or off the board all together. Again, FWICR, it wasn't that he wasn't shopping for the groceries, per se, it's that Parcells' own system said Glenn was the pick, and Parcells wanted to deviate. Kraft called him on his BS.

It all worked out in the end for all us Pats fans.
It would've been interesting in the multiverse how the Pats would've done had Parcells not fought over Glenn, he remained HC and they weren't hit with injuries in the late 90's.

They may have gotten past the Broncos in by 1998, but I think 1999 would've been their year getting back to the Super Bowl.

Just imagine the player's of the 70, 80,90s what they had to endure with teams facilities.. every team isn't going to be the Taj mahal that the raiders have..

The Sullivans were far worse than anything that has been accused of for Robert Kraft for being cheap. The old Sullivan/Foxboro stadium was an absolute dump. And it was pretty much a dump from day one. Stories about the player facilities made it sound like they had to shower and change in prison facilities. And the type you would see in a bad prison movie. And the public part wasn't much better with troughs for urinals and benches that seemed to fit about five people less than had seats in each row.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back