PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft wanted to serve bologna sandwiches and chips

I think Kraft has basically got off scot free for far too long. The Terry Glenn thing did not work out and was a big part of driving Parcells out of town. People forget how good Parcells was....

Not sure how Terry Glenn didn't work out in 1996 while Parcells was here. Who did Big Bill want again?

Hilarious story by Pete Carroll when he was the Pats head coach. It starts at 3:30. Pete does not think much of RK. Parcels hates RK. I think BB was polite but thinks little of RK too. Clearly a trend.
Parcells hated Kraft because Kraft took away his authority to "shop for the groceries". It is a fundamental philosophy on how to run a ballclub. Reasonable people can disagree. They inherited each other and clashed.

Carroll was fired, and rightfully so. Don't expect a fired guy to have all that much nice to say.

As for Belichick.... he hated Kraft so much that he refused to be HC of the NYJ because he wanted to come here and then he stayed and worked for Kraft for 25 years.

I liked Carroll as the HC and he was the scapegoat for Bob. Sherman was way too young to know and ask about the Curtis Martin situation which that and the 1997 draft started the downfall of the roster.

There were a ton of injuries to star players, bad draft picks and unnecessary defections that Carroll dealt with, yet still won a division title, had two playoff appearances and a playoff victory.

The pattern is starting where Bob intervenes and makes a bad choice (Curtis Martin), then fires the coach. Then he lets the coach makes the choice (Bledsoe/Brady). Bill’s decision started a 19 year run. But then Bill makes a couple bad choices which Bob commented publicly approving (Mac Jones/Patricia/Judge/O’Brien) after 20 years and he is fired.

Last edited:
Why does a segment of posters on this board disregard anything remotely not positive about the Patriots? We should care as this is evidence of immense cheapness from the Krafts, but you know that and are just being obtuse.
It's not your money. Why do you care how the Krafts spend theirs?

And why does a segment of posters on this board bring up anything remotely negative about the Patriots?

Bad facilities, fewer coaches, not manipulating the cap, bologna and chips. I think someone is trying to make the point that the Patriots didn’t spend because Kraft is cheap.

Bad facilities, fewer coaches, not manipulating the cap, bologna and chips. I think someone is trying to make the point that the Patriots didn’t spend because Kraft is cheap.
To be fair this came straight from Pete's lips as much as the media sucks and will say/twist anything this one is all Pete and nothing to do with any narratives being thrown around by the media in our area.

That said he does go on to admit that he holds a grudge against the Patriots because he got fired so he's not exactly impartial either.

It's not your money. Why do you care how the Krafts spend theirs?

And why does a segment of posters on this board bring up anything remotely negative about the Patriots?
Just when I thought you couldn't get any more disingenuous.

Not sure how Terry Glenn didn't work out in 1996 while Parcells was here. Who did Big Bill want again?
Terry Glenn was electric when he was on the field. Played way bigger than his 5'10" frame - very similar to Steve Smith. The problem was, he missed an average of 5 games per season from 1997-1999 and they lost critical games during his absence.

They went to the Super Bowl in 1996, but everyone knew they had the best scenario play out with the Jacksonville's massive upset in Denver. The Pats would've gotten a major beatdown had they gone back to Denver for the AFCCG.

Bill wanted Cedric Jones, Duane Clemons or Tony Brackens. Jones was off the board, so who knows if he would've taken Clemons (bust) or Brackens (had a few good years).

But the irony is after all that arguing with Kraft and eventual departure over Glenn, Parcells brings him into Dallas during his stint with the Cowboys. What a prick!

basically, Carroll was a players coach like the Mayo and BB was like Parcells ruling by discipline.
A lot of the narrative about how mean BB was and now it will be better because Mayo is nice, sound eerily similar to what was said when Parcells was replaced by Carrol. The quote below works for both situations, just pick your coach.

"I wasn't dissatisfied with Bill," player x said. "Bill was a coach who had his style of coaching, but with (Pete/Jerrard) and the coaching staff we have now it's a different atmosphere. It's a different way of getting things done, and both ways can work. "It just so happens that this way fits me a lot better."

To be fair this came straight from Pete's lips as much as the media sucks and will say/twist anything this one is all Pete and nothing to do with any narratives being thrown around by the media in our area.

That said he does go on to admit that he holds a grudge against the Patriots because he got fired so he's not exactly impartial either.
Fair. I don’t know who’s right and who’s wrong. I was just making an observation.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back