PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft talked with Brady about celebration

I rather see Brady play another year than some gimmicky 1 day contract.

And in an ideal world, he'd be preparing for another season with us now. Alas...

This is the kind of thing I would like to see.

1729213_10-scaled.jpeg

Meh, Magic is an entertaining guy and all but I'd prefer maybe an entertaining football player like Jules or Welker. Not sure Magic is the right guy for this.

Last edited:
Tb12 shirts will continue to sell at a faster rate if he retires as a patriot .... Tom Brady memorabilia ... Brady will define patriots organization and the one day contract will help to reinforce that notion even more...
$$$... the real reason. You get it.

Not sure why the one day contract thing is eliciting such strong reactions from either side. As long as Brady is in for a big ceremony then I don't care whether he does a one day contract or not.
If Brady signs any phony contract then it will be with the Bucs to help alleviate their cap problems for next season. He's shouldn't do that or sign any contract with the Patriots so he can keep all of his options open for 2023. He's already blowing off Fox in 2023. Cowherd asked Brady if there was any chance he might unretire again and Brady skirted the question. I've heard Shanahan sent it through the grapevine that he's not interested in Brady for next season but that could change which in turn could rekindle Brady's interest.

Needs to be like the Larry Bird retirement ceremony.
Strange...I was just skimming though that a couple of nights ago.

Magic showing up was epic.

Loved how they brought out members from the 81, 84 and 86 teams.

Tom retiring - no negative impact on his legacy

Tom signing somewhere for one more shot - no negative impact on his legacy

Tom signing here for a 1 day - no negative impact on his legacy

80 For Brady - well ....

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Not sure why the one day contract thing is eliciting such strong reactions from either side. As long as Brady is in for a big ceremony then I don't care whether he does a one day contract or not.

I don't get it either. Teams do it all the time though.

Celtics did it for Pierce who was on like his 4th team when he retired. Now all of a sudden it's "cheesey" and "rewriting history!" From the media

80 For Brady - well ....
Is it that bad? It seems like a good compromise date movie. Then the next time you get to choose.

Is it that bad? It seems like a good compromise date movie. Then the next time you get to choose.

Compromise date movie - sure. If you're a Pats fan / NFL fan, the mistakes (day/night shifts, wrong uniforms for the time, etc) just pile up.

Went a week ago. My wifes choice. Last 20 minutes was good (28-3 comeback) the rest was old woman humor.

As a joke, he should command top dollar for the one day deal.

Maybe Brady will do it 20 years from now, a la Russell.

Sorry, Russell is taking up much of my brain space this weekend.

As a joke, he should command top dollar for the one day deal.
Agree, if Kraft is really serious have him sign a 1-day contract with a $20M signing bonus. He's not though, already walked back his comments.

80 For Brady - well ....
It's already grossed $25M in 10 days. Well above expectations. Not bad for a 1st time producer.

It's already grossed $25M in 10 days. Well above expectations. Not bad for a 1st time producer.
Not bad considering the sales had to come from that timeslot that allows attendees to still make the 3:30 Country Kitchen buffet.

I think Kraft should erect a statue of Brady outside the stadium. RLKAG has one so Brady deserves one too.
I kinda feel like they should wait and do a giant Brady/Belichick statue and make it massive.

Maybe Brady will do it 20 years from now, a la Russell.

Sorry, Russell is taking up much of my brain space this weekend.
Watched the 2 part series last night on Russell. Great Documentary.
I seen him play at the Garden late in his career. Glad I did.
Nobody in any sport will be on his level if you keep stats in the place they belong and put Winning in the place it deserves.
Met him in the 90‘s and he was so kind to my then 6 year old daughter because he noticed she was left handed. Sat down with her gave her some candy and explained how left handed people think with the right side of their brain. She is not a sports person but called me when he passed because he left an impression on her.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back