PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft talked with Brady about celebration

giphy.gif

I couldn't give a rat's fart about a 1 day contract. It's irrelevant.

What I do care about is a day/night to honor the greatest football player to have ever lived and part of our fandom lives for 20 years.

What I do care about is a day/night to honor the greatest football player to have ever lived and part of our fandom lives for 20 years.
I personally would add, a celebration if and only if Brady wants it.

Personally, I don't think he owes the fans a thing, he's already given so much via his performance on the field.

If he wants to come take a bow, wonderful. If not, that's cool too.

Yeah I don’t really think the contract means much. Does it matter what team the player was last employed by when he retired? In 5+ years everyone will remember Tom as a Patriot through and through, his Bucs tenure will be a small but interesting footnote. His emotional conversation with Bill this week definitely shows any minor hatchets have been buried and it’s all love at this point. New England can heal.

See I'm in the opposite camp. I mean I'd love to see both. But the whole "retiring as a Patriot" is official. Don't guys go in the hall of fame "as" a member of the last team they played for? I don't want Brady in the HoF as a Buc. But I'm petty and selfish.

See I'm in the opposite camp. I mean I'd love to see both. But the whole "retiring as a Patriot" is official. Don't guys go in the hall of fame "as" a member of the last team they played for? I don't want Brady in the HoF as a Buc. But I'm petty and selfish.

Unlike the Baseball HoF where the players bust has a cap on it, the NFL HoF doesn't enshrine players as part of any particular team.

I hear you but there is no reality in which Tom is going into Canton as a Buc. Won't happen.

I'm not sure why media is making a big deal about this 1 day contract thing.

Tons of teams do it. No one complained when the Celtics gave Pierce a 1 day contract

His number being retired should be a top priority.

1 day contracts is the dumbest most useless thing in sports. Does not mean anything and have no clue why fans like it.

It’s especially weird because the vast vast majority of great players don’t do it! It’s not common, because it’s so meaningless.

Anyway have an entire day at the stadium for him. Unveil a statue and retire the number. But don’t do a fake contract thing like come on.

I personally would add, a celebration if and only if Brady wants it.

Personally, I don't think he owes the fans a thing, he's already given so much via his performance on the field.

If he wants to come take a bow, wonderful. If not, that's cool too.
I think we owe him a night. Thanks Tom!

I'm not sure why media is making a big deal about this 1 day contract thing.

Tons of teams do it. No one complained when the Celtics gave Pierce a 1 day contract

giphy.gif

clickbait to exploit Brady's publicity

Needs to be like the Larry Bird retirement ceremony.

Kraft still trying to convince everyone that Brady really retired after 2019.

Tb12 shirts will continue to sell at a faster rate if he retires as a patriot .... Tom Brady memorabilia ... Brady will define patriots organization and the one day contract will help to reinforce that notion even more...

This is the kind of thing I would like to see.

1729213_10-scaled.jpeg

Not sure why the one day contract thing is eliciting such strong reactions from either side. As long as Brady is in for a big ceremony then I don't care whether he does a one day contract or not.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back