PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the hearing is to address the motion for a protective order and the media's opposition to it.
Could be, but query why it's stated in big letters that the Defendant must be present. We'll have to wait and see...

Edit - it also says to be prepared to pay fines and court costs at this hearing (i.e. plea bargain)

I’d actually like to apologize to the entire board for my odd behavior. I’ve been misquoting people and starting arguments. This won’t happen again. I just seen gronk retire, got drunk, attacked Andy verbally. That’s just not my way usually but I do apologize

All this being said, I’m still never going to agree to tactics like we have seen in this case
Meh. At least you got drunk out of it....:p

Could be, but query why it's stated in big letters that the Defendant must be present. We'll have to wait and see...

Edit - it also says to be prepared to pay fines and court costs at this hearing (i.e. plea bargain)
It also makes reference to civil traffic fines so that must be a standard form that they just fill-in the case data and dates. It would seem this either:

1. Gets continued; or
2. A plea bargain has been reached like you said.

Most didn't think it would escalate to this level, including me.
Au contraire (sp? sorry, I took Spanish in school), I think things might be de-escalating...

Yep, the media smells a plea bargain too, one where the tape is sealed permanently.
So ... I'm curious here ...
Can one legally somehow get something that is public record sealed for good?

Au contraire (sp? sorry, I took Spanish in school), I think things might be de-escalating...
He pled not guilty and wants a jury trial. Not sure how that is a potential de-escalation?

Sounds like hes pulling out all the stops to getting this thrown out, winning and getting that video burned up.

I'm not a lawyer so let me have it....

So what kinda plea do you think? Nolo contendre and judge withholds adjudication? That would seem like the best deal for Kraft, as long as video is sealed or expunged.

Ok leaving aside sex trafficking - which is something about which we should all care - if you are someone who thinks this was just a dirty old man getting a handy (I can relate) then why do you care about this?

I'm honestly mystified why this thread is 230+ pages long. I just sort of assumed every billionaire was doing weird **** and guys like Irsay and Kraft were just too stupid or impulsive to hide it well.

Kraft is the idiot owner of our team. That's it. I don't think anything he does reflects on this team, at all. The team is the players and coaches who make it happen not the blobby almost-octagenarian coos hound who signs the checks.

So what kinda plea do you think? Nolo contendre and judge withholds adjudication? That would seem like the best deal for Kraft, as long as video is sealed or expunged.
I think without the video he gets less of a slap from the owners ... with it he gets hammered.

Ok leaving aside sex trafficking - which is something about which we should all care - if you are someone who thinks this was just a dirty old man getting a handy (I can relate) then why do you care about this?

I'm honestly mystified why this thread is 230+ pages long. I just sort of assumed every billionaire was doing weird **** and guys like Irsay and Kraft were just too stupid or impulsive to hide it well.

Kraft is the idiot owner of our team. That's it. I don't think anything he does reflects on this team, at all. The team is the players and coaches who make it happen not the blobby almost-octagenarian coos hound who signs the checks.
Pretty well covers it ......... he likes spending free time with famous people now.

I think without the video he gets less of a slap from the owners ... with it he gets hammered.
No question.

If Goody sees Bob being serviced on that massage table he'll suspend him.

He pled not guilty and wants a jury trial. Not sure how that is a potential de-escalation?

I'm not a lawyer so let me have it....
No letting you have it! It's a notice of case disposition that says be prepared to pay court costs and fines at this hearing, and it was scheduled very quickly, even before the arraignment (which is normally the time you would formally enter your "not guilty" plea and pick a trial date, and if there are complicated issues to be decided beforehand [i.e. whether a videotape should be sealed, or whether it was legally obtained and/or should be admissible] you aren't picking a trial date 10 days later, unless the Defendant is insisting on a super speedy trial, which I cannot imagine is the case here), so I think Bob Kraft and the prosecutors have reached a plea deal that will be entered on April 9th and put this thing to bed for Kraft. And, if he has decent lawyers (which we all know he does), part of the plea deal is that the videotape will be sealed permanently and the media will not be able to get their hands on it (which is why they are now rushing to object to the Motion to Seal).

Pleading "not guilty" and requesting a jury trial are two things that must be done very early in a case, or they are waived (particularly the jury trial part, although I thought Kraft waived his right to a jury trial(?)). You do it to hold your place and keep all your options open, not because that is how you intend to proceed for the entire case.

No letting you have it! It's a notice of case disposition that says be prepared to pay court costs and fines at this hearing, and it was scheduled very quickly, even before the arraignment (which is normally the time you would formally enter your "not guilty" plea and pick a trial date, and if there are complicated issues to be decided beforehand [i.e. whether a videotape should be sealed, or whether it was legally obtained and/or should be admissible] you aren't picking a trial date 10 days later, unless the Defendant is insisting on a super speedy trial, which I cannot imagine is the case here), so I think Bob Kraft and the prosecutors have reached a plea deal that will be entered on April 9th and put this thing to bed for Kraft. And, if he has decent lawyers (which we all know he does), part of the plea deal is that the videotape will be sealed permanently and the media will not be able to get their hands on it (which is why they are now rushing to object to the Motion to Seal).

Pleading "not guilty" and requesting a jury trial are two things that must be done very early in a case, or they are waived (particularly the jury trial part, although I thought Kraft waived his right to a jury trial(?)). You do it to hold your place and keep all your options open, not because that is how you intend to proceed for the entire case.
Got it. Thanks.

Based on what you explained.....yea. He wants this thing put to bed ASAP.

My prediction on the guilty plea:

Pleads guilty (edit or "no lo" see below) to one misdemeanor charge of solicitation (the other charge dropped); hefty fine and/or donation to women's group combating sex trafficking or prostitution, maybe in lieu of community service (but maybe not, although query if a prosecutor would make a 77 year old do community service, especially one with lots of money), no STD tests; maybe a class on combating sex trafficking; videotape destroyed or permanently sealed, or both. No jail time or probation.

Last edited:

To me this isn't about Kraft at all but how the cops installed video cameras in a private business and watched from their headquarters as men and women disrobed and got massages and in some instances sexual acts.

I find this whole operation distasteful and I hope it is illegal or we're all f*ked. I could give a damn what happens to Kraft personally. I'm neither embarrassed as a fan nor do I believe this affects the team.

I do not believe from everything I know there was any sex slavery going on but, simple prostitution with sex workers. I just hope our Constitution protects us from what I consider to be unreasonable searches and a wanton invasion of privacy. I'm sure there are many that disagree and I respect their point of view.

My prediction on the guilty plea:

Pleads guilty to one misdemeanor charge of solicitation (the other charge dropped); hefty fine and/or donation to women's group combating sex trafficking or prostitution, maybe in lieu of community service (but maybe not, although query if a prosecutor would make a 77 year old do community service, especially one with lots of money), no STD tests; maybe a class on combating sex trafficking; videotape destroyed or permanently sealed, or both. No jail time or probation.
I just can't see him pleading guilty. We'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore