PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kiwanuka

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wooden nickel on the Senior Bowl talk...

Kiwi did not play in the game, all the "domination" came in one-on-one drills in practice. By that standard, DTs Gabe Watson and Broderick Bunkley were stars for their ferocious line play, instead of ghosts who disappeared in the actual game when forced to contend with the rudimentary blocking schemes of an All-Star game. Ty Hill drew raves in practice even as WRs turned him inside out, but he was a star in one-on-one drills against QBs not named Tom or Peyton, kicking in the JATO rockets and getting back in position to make a play.

I thought Lawson looked poor in practice, but in the actual game you could see that he had a nose for the ball and made good decisions about where to position himself to contain the QB.

Fergusen dominated everybody in one-on-one drills, but in the game, Daryl Tapp and Mark Anderson each gave him trouble, enough for me to discount any comparison to Walter Jones and say he is as good as Matt Light, with a little more upside.

Kiwi may be great or average or a bust, but based on his Senior Bowl, he's a complete unknown.

Jacky Roberts said:
Who said I was alum? All I said is I saw all of his games and was impressed at his versatility doing different things. My guess is your dislike to Kiwanuka is more anti-BC than anti-Kiwanuka.

Five games, huh? Wow, you should be in player personnel when you can dismiss someone after five games. Yikes.

Yah think? I mean, BB never even met with Mankins last year - never saw him play LIVE - and lo and behold, he was the Pats first pick. Go figure.

Never said I "disliked" Kiwi - I just don't think he's "all that" as a football player. As stated before - I think Will Blackmon will be a more successful pro.

Garbanza said:
Yah think? I mean, BB never even met with Mankins last year - never saw him play LIVE - and lo and behold, he was the Pats first pick. Go figure.

Never said I "disliked" Kiwi - I just don't think he's "all that" as a football player. As stated before - I think Will Blackmon will be a more successful pro.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to Scott Pioli. You can obviously spot true talent after a couple of games. Great work, Scott. Keep it up...

ps- I disagree on Blackmon. He doesn't have the hands to make it in the NFL.

Kiwi Overrated

This guy has been nothing but a great player but even more importantly a model citizen. I can understand thinking he could be the next Mike Mamula like people always think every Duke player is the next Danny Ferry. Kiwi is athletic enough to play in the 3-4 at OLB and it's probably the best position for him. If you've been watching and think he's overrated i'd love to know who you have ranked ahead of him as a DE to move to OLB in the 3-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes