PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kicker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill had an entire offseason to find a capable kicker. Instead he wasted a draft pick on someone who couldn't even make the team or beat out disastrous, washed up kickers. Having a kicker incapable of hitting a 40+ yarder is going to be a serious killer for us. How hard is it to identify a competent kicker?
Very hard. Kickers don’t grow on trees. There’s a reason why he always prioritized that position. He probably didn’t expect Gostowski to fall apart when he did and you can’t just find something on the fly like that.

Just give Justin Tucker a call. I'm sure he would be happy to kick for the Pats. No problem.

An while we're at it, call Calvin Ridley. Pats need a WR.

See how simple it is to add players.

Do teams trade for kickers? Like, could they send draft picks to a team that have a decent kicker but no chance of winning anything this season? (lookin' at you Jets, Lions, Giants)

By merely being unclaimed so late and last year, Folk must de facto be the 32nd worst kicker in the league.

I believe Chase Mclaughlin is still out there. But Bill may stick with Folk as he stubbornly stuck with Ghost even after all those misses he had...

Its a huge concern.

The Pats rely heavily on foot. How many times do the Pats move into FG position prior to halftime and secure another 3 points that sometimes makes all the difference in the outcome of the game? I dont trust Folk and Rohrwassers accuracy is not much better in the 40 - 49 range perusing his stats at Marshall and from training camp reports on this board. I dont get why he was picked.

My nightmare is the Pats down by 3 and they get into FG range only to miss the whole endzone.

By merely being unclaimed so late and last year, Folk must de facto be the 32nd worst kicker in the league.
The 32nd worst kicker is the best kicker.
Way to go Bill!

It's a major problem. Folk's range seems to be 40 yards and if he can make everything within that range he's still an asset but it's hard to imagine stopping a team like KC or Ravens who can both make it from near 60yards out if needed.

What a reach on Rohrwasser. He wasn’t on anyone’s radar and now he’s on the practice squad cause he sucked in camp. Meanwhile the guy that most thought would be a good pro, Blankenship on Indy, just went 4 for 4 on field goals on Sunday.

Bill the Draft Weekend Grocery-shopper is killing Bill the HC & even Bill the GM during the other 362 days of the year.

Last edited:
Speaking of Kickers.

Did anyone else catch Al Michaels say that Jay Feely kicked off to start the NE vs Seattle game?

What a reach on Rohrwasser. He wasn’t on anyone’s radar and now he’s on the practice squad cause he sucked in camp. Meanwhile the guy that most thought would be a good pro, Blankenship on Indy, just went 4 for 4 on field goals on Sunday.

Blankenship also missed a 30-yarder in their season opener.

In terms of his 4/4 last Sunday, his long was from 44 yards. Nothing too special.

This is what was written about his week 1 performance; hardly anything to be excited about.

chrome_xxMvJQoK4O.png

Blankenship also missed a 30-yarder in their season opener.

In terms of his 4/4 last Sunday, his long was from 44 yards. Nothing too special.

This is what was written about his week 1 performance; hardly anything to be excited about.

View attachment 28691

He’s 6/7 on the season. I think we’d take that over our rookie who couldn’t make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots