PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kicker thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Seeing the Bengals Bills and Rams kickers miss easy FGs and Folk earlier - anyone miss Gost yet? Lots of us were hating on him and here we are.

Folk ideally should not see November with this team. Who is out there? Hauschka?

Gost was an exceptional player and finding a replacement who is nearly as good will be a real challenge. 39-44 in the post season was exceptional and I believe he never missed any 4th quarter kicks. After how poorly he looked early last year the question is if it was injury related or age.

Folk missed a 45 yarder. I don’t know about you, but I wanted Folk on the team because I think he’ll be VG with kicks under that distance.

I guess I’m saying that I’d rather have a guy I can trust from within 40 yards, rather than a guy who gives me a chance at 52, but can’t be fully trusted at 38...

Gost was an exceptional player and finding a replacement who is nearly as good will be a real challenge. 39-44 in the post season was exceptional and I believe he never missed any 4th quarter kicks. After how poorly he looked early last year the question is if it was injury related or age.

Gost missed a game winner against Arizona in 2012.

Younghoe Koo was on the roster a year ago. I was surprised back then that he didn't beat out Nick Folk for a roster spot and now he's doing quite well for the Falcons with good accuracy and multiple onside kick recoveries.

Ghost was very under appreciated here. He can be blamed for one (az 2012), maybe 2 (afcc 2015) losses for missed kicks in 13 years here. Kickoffs were pretty flawless in every rule set and an overall very impressive percentage.

"Cobra" Kai Forbath busy these days? Probably not an upgrade though over Folk...

Rodrigo Blankenship also doinked an easy FG attempt off the upright during the Clots' wonderful loss to Jax...Still better than the Waterpipe though...didn't cost a 5th-rounder either...

We have our first kicker casualty. Austin Seibert was awful for the Browns in training camp last season and awful on PATs (30/35), but was surprisingly solid on his FGs (25/29). He was released today after missing a PAT and a 41 yard field goal yesterday.

We have our first kicker casualty. Austin Seibert was awful for the Browns in training camp last season and awful on PATs (30/35), but was surprisingly solid on his FGs (25/29). He was released today after missing a PAT and a 41 yard field goal yesterday.

That will solve all of their problems. :)

Rodrigo Blankenship also doinked an easy FG attempt off the upright during the Clots' wonderful loss to Jax...Still better than the Waterpipe though...didn't cost a 5th-rounder either...

You left out that Blankenship's longest make was 38 yds. You also wrote that the Pats should have selected Tyler Bass (6th rd) over Rohrwasser also...he missed two FGs from the same distance (30-39 yds) yesterday. His longest made kick was 22 yds.

Stop treating a day 3 pick like a day 1/2 pick. They used a day 3 pick on a high upside special teams guy, which they have done multiple times, at a point in the draft where all of the guys on their draft board likely had already been chosen. Get over it and stop pretending that a rough start over a few practices at the end of a bizarre offseason means that Rohrwasser will never succeed. Read about Tucker's first few practices with Baltimore. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn but his special teams coach made some minor adjustments and the rest is history. Maybe Houston can work some magic, because the kid has the leg strength and has proven that he can kick in cold weather climate.

I'm not predicting that he will be the next Tucker but the jury is still out on all of these rookie kickers and Rohrwasser may very well end up and the best of the bunch (I'm sure that you will be MIA all of a sudden in any kicking threads if that happens). The last two rookie kickers whom Bill drafted/signed prior to this year were Gost and Gould. I'll take my chances with his latest pick over your guys.

Last edited:
I don't think he was the reason the Browns lost yesterday. :rolleyes:

Secret Pats double agent saboteur? At the end of the game will he tear off his Titans jersey to reveal a Pats jersey?

I’m calling the Titans our for ageism if they cut Gostkowski after he drilled the game winning field goal. Take that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots