PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kenjon Barner

Status
Not open for further replies.

loosebearing

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Patriots.com has Kenjon Barner as CUT on the Roster page. And the roster has 52 players. Don't know if it is accurate - but it could be interesting

Patriots.com has Kenjon Barner as CUT on the Roster page. And the roster has 52 players. Don't know if it is accurate - but it could be interesting

Making room for Mr. Peterson?

Making room for Mr. Peterson?
1f3r3e.jpg

It's not accurate. They've had Barner listed as "cut" since October 4th (when Edelman was activated), and completely ignored Barner being re-sign five days later, replacing Cy Jones.

Patriots.com is probably the least reliable source for Pats roster and transaction info. I know that a lot of folks think of it as the "official" source, but it's actually run by Kraft's PR and Media department, NOT by the football guys.

Folks are much better off following Miguel (patscap) on Twitter, and rostermon.com. Hell, even Wikipedia is updated more quickly and accurately than Patriots.com.

It's not accurate. They've had Barner listed as "cut" since October 4th (when Edelman was activated), and completely ignored Barner being re-sign five days later, replacing Cy Jones.

Patriots.com is probably the least reliable source for Pats roster and transaction info. I know that a lot of folks think of it as the "official" source, but it's actually run by Kraft's PR and Media department, NOT by the football guys.

Folks are much better off following Miguel (patscap) on Twitter, and rostermon.com. Hell, even Wikipedia is updated more quickly and accurately than Patriots.com.

Wikipedia is my go to for Patriots info (and everything else...I have one tattoo and it's the W icon). I've been trying for years to convince people the "official roster" is maintained by interns who probably don't even follow football, but no one listens.

Wikipedia is my go to for Patriots info (and everything else...I have one tattoo and it's the W icon). I've been trying for years to convince people the "official roster" is maintained by interns who probably don't even follow football, but no one listens.

Unpaid interns, at that.

It's amazing to me that I can see a tweet about some team cutting a player and about five minutes later, Wiki has the guy listed as a free agent. And the people contributing to Wiki aren't paid, either.

Unpaid interns, at that.

It's amazing to me that I can see a tweet about some team cutting a player and about five minutes later, Wiki has the guy listed as a free agent. And the people contributing to Wiki aren't paid, either.

Yep. It's a great system that really does work. The one drawback I know of is sometimes the editors there (like posters here) mistakenly attribute factual authority to whatever Patriots.com says at the time, especially when it comes to position listings for players. I probably complain about the official website thing more on Wikipedia than I do here actually.

Unpaid interns, at that.

Im sure there are players checking Wiki daily if they are still on the team ;)

But we shouldn’t let common sense prevent a 1000 post mega-thread on the topic.

Common sense is all too uncommon here. Actually, everywhere these days.

Well since we have this thread I'll just say he looked surprisingly good running the ball. Had some really good pop, closer to Dion than James when it comes to running style but I'm actually really comfortable with him taking 10-20 snaps a game.

Well since we have this thread I'll just say he looked surprisingly good running the ball. Had some really good pop, closer to Dion than James when it comes to running style but I'm actually really comfortable with him taking 10-20 snaps a game.

He looked fine. Nothing special, but good enough to handle the load for a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down