PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kansas City is a real threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
They remind me of the 2001 Patriots getting it done via all 3 phases of the game. I am not an Andy Reid fan but for some reason he is calling plays like never before.

I have a feeling that KC and NE will meet in the AFCC.

It depends which KC team shows up. They have a habit of doing "just enough" to get into a position to win, then dropping the ball when it really matters.

They remind me of the 2001 Patriots getting it done via all 3 phases of the game. I am not an Andy Reid fan but for some reason he is calling plays like never before.

And you don't really want that game in KC. Chiefs getting breaks too, the way they won in Denver and intercepting the 2 point conversion and returning it for the winning points yesterday.

This year seems different.
I won't doubt the Chiefs appear to be a real threat, the problem is, we've seen this rodeo before and until Reid proves he's departed from the norm and the Patriots keep winning, I'm not concerned.

I have healthy respect for everyone the Patriots play but under Belichick and Brady, we should feel pretty good about this team's chances.

Andy Reid + Alex 5 yard Smith?

62481548.jpg

If the game is in Kansas City, I'd be a little worried. That's a tough place to play, and the last time we did we got our doors blown off (granted, it was the catalyst that turned that season around, but still). It's not quite at Denver level as far as just weird things happening, but it's a place I'd like to avoid.

If the game is here, I'm not really sweating the Chiefs.

I won't doubt the Chiefs appear to be a real threat, the problem is, we've seen this rodeo before and until Reid proves he's departed from the norm and the Patriots keep winning, I'm not concerned.
It's not just Reid, the Pats just match up really well with KC. Until proven otherwise, the teams I'll be concerned with are the teams that typically give the Pats trouble. I was told at the beginning of the year that the Ravens were done, cooked, any fool could see that. We'll see. Oakland, who knows? They're the only true unknown as far as the Pats go.

In all likelihood, if KC beats Oakland, and gets a bye, it would have to travel to New England. KC is greatly aided by their home field advantage. I don't see them winning a Championship Game in New England. Right now, Oakland has seeding advantages over us, but KC doesn't.

Andy Reid runs a great offense and one that gives BB fits. Saying that i can't see A Smith beating us

The two areas that give new England trouble:

1) mobile QB
2) strong pass rush

Yesterday the Pats defense could attack. Against Seattle they could not and this will likely be the case with KC. When the defense is aggressive they play better. When they need to leave a defender back to shadow the QB, not so much. And we know KC's pass rush is fierce.

I say KC is more dangerous than Pittsburgh/Oakland home or away or Denver here.

Didn't they lose at home to Tampa Bay?

Also their defense is ****

28th in yards allowed
23rd in passing yards allowed
27th in rushing yards allowed

Their 3rd down defense is f**king atrocious allowing 47.3%, #30 in the league.

That defense relies on turnovers which ya they are good at but the Pats are best in the league this year at not turning it over. I believe 4-5 of their wins were because a turnover they got led to the points that were the difference in the game. So what happens when the Chiefs can't get a turnover?

Last edited:

If the game is on the road, KC is my number one choice of who to play. If it is at home I would pick Denver as my number one but KC would be right there too. Actually any of them at home in playoffs is fine. Both Steelers and Ravens worry me more (at Gillete) than any of them at Gillette.

Not ready to crown KC just yet. If Matty Ice doesnt throw that pick six with 43 seconds in the half they win that game. Atlanta marched it all over them the first half but settled for FGs then a Pick six and Special teams return put them ahead. That is not a sustainable formula. I will say that returner they have is lightning in a bottle he can blaze.

This year seems different.

Really? Even though they beat the Broncos (or should I say the Broncos beat themselves), I saw the same Andy Reid who is way too conservative on offense and made way too many bonehead calls.

it seems like now that Marvin Lewis and the Bengals are all but eliminated from playoff contention, Reid and the Chiefs get the "This year is different" treatment that Lewis and the Bengals usually get.

I am sorry, but the West Coast Offense is not a viable offense for this century. It will always fail in the playoffs.

Whoa, was about to totally disagree with the OP when I realized I misread the Thread Title...thought it said, "Kansas City is a real treat."

Reid-a-Roni. . . . The Kansas City Treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back