PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Coleman Signed The Tender!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Boy I was really fretting over this one.

:p

Seriously....what the hell was the delay? He'll be lucky to make the 53 next year.

Mike ReissESPN Staff Writer
CB Justin Coleman, who played in 10 games last season for the Patriots (with one start), officially signed his exclusive rights tender to return to the team in 2017. Coleman played 224 of his 227 snaps on defense over the first nine games of last season, as he wasn't a big part of the mix after that. He will compete for a reserve role in 2017.

With a little more consistent play, maybe he gives Rowe a run for his money.

With a little more consistent play, maybe he gives Rowe a run for his money.

I agree, actually. I went back this afternoon to watch some of our games from the beginning of the year, before Coleman was benched, and I was surprised at how competitive he was on numerous plays. He seemed to regress at some point in the season, but for the first several games, he was on fire. I don't see why he can't play the slot to a similar level that Ryan did, even if he's not as a good on the outside or capable of the same flexibility in our defense.

Laugh, but it's signing depth that has been our strength. Coleman can play the slot, no?

I agree, actually. I went back this afternoon to watch some of our games from the beginning of the year, before Coleman was benched, and I was surprised at how competitive he was on numerous plays. He seemed to regress at some point in the season, but for the first several games, he was on fire. I don't see why he can't play the slot to a similar level that Ryan did, even if he's not as a good on the outside or capable of the same flexibility in our defense.

I bust on Coleman but I do think he has talent. He was ok last year and decent early in the season.

I think his confidence is shot to **** and this is the wrong team to lose your confidence on.

Laugh, but it's signing depth that has been our strength. Coleman can play the slot, no?
Maybe. Outside is out of the question

I thought he played there while logan played outside. Am I wrong?
No, you're totally right. He's primarily, you know, designated to be a slot corner. He did play on the boundary once or twice and it was a disaster.

Thank god, now trade him to NOLA for the #32. Was getting tired of Butler, glad we can trade them their corner and move on now.

Coleman isn't that bad, but he was a target on deep bombs for whatever reason last year. No matter how good his coverage was the qb still chucked it with success. I felt bad for him when he actually played the ball and accidentally punched the receiver in the face while doing so. Going against Hogan and Cooks can only help him when it comes to the deep ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News