PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just wanted to remind everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that is for certain is that there has never been as much uncertainty heading into the playoffs. These two weeks can't come fast enough b/c I can't wait to see what they come up with. I'm nervous, but that actually has me more excited for this game. I hope beyond all hope that we look like the '14 team playing the Bengals after losing to the Chiefs. Sure enough, the Bengals may be our opponent.

It's not just uncertainty about the Pats. It's uncertainty for so many teams.

Pats - health and what team are we going to see
Den - QB situation
Cin - QB situation
KC - can Reid and Smith get over the playoff hump
Hou - can Hoyer succeed
Pit - can their defense slow anyone down
Sea - on a roll but facing 3 road games to get to the SB
GB - are they toast or can Rodgers carry them
Ari/Car - who is better

Lots of unknowns.

Reactions: TBR
It's not just uncertainty about the Pats. It's uncertainty for so many teams.

Pats - health and what team are we going to see
Den - QB situation
Cin - QB situation
KC - can Reid and Smith get over the playoff hump
Hou - can Hoyer succeed
Pit - can their defense slow anyone down
Sea - on a roll but facing 3 road games to get to the SB
GB - are they toast or can Rodgers carry them
Ari/Car - who is better

Lots of unknowns.

In the playoffs, of course you're always concerned b/c the best teams play each other and someone goes home, but even with that being said at least the following four teams must feel real good about their team heading into the tournament.........

Arizona
Carolina
Seattle
Kansas City

let's go back to August...

What if...

I promised you a #2 seed,
I promised you a 12-4 record,
I promised you that the Colts, Jets, and Ravens would all fail miserably to even sniff the playoffs

Wouldn't you have jumped at that??

Of course!

Life is good.
Not if it included a 2-4 finish.
I think I'd take 10-6 and a 4 seed of it came with a 6-0 finish where we were peaking over what we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if it included a 2-4 finish.
I think I'd take 10-6 and a 4 seed of it came with a 6-0 finish where we were peaking over what we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have that choice.

We are just 11 months removed from our fourth SuperBowl championship in 15 years, and our team once again has a first round bye with a very realistic shot at making it back to the big game.

We've lost an increbibly high number of key players to injury at various times this season, but many of them will be back for the game in two weeks and this team will not continue to put forth the effort we have seen for the past six weeks.

This is not a pathetic team or a team that doesnt care, this is a team that has had to adjust on the fly for two months straight and will finally have a chance to get back to basics in two weeks. I know there isn't a ton to feel confident about at the moment, but remember no team in football has been more consistently successful or had as many clutch playoff wins/performances over the last two decades.

The going has gotten tough lately (for once) and a lot of us around here apparently aren't capable of handling that, but please don't forget how lucky we are as a fan base.

Win or lose come playoff time, I'll still be excited as ever when the offseason/draft/training camp rolls around and I'll be just as confident in our title hopes as any other year.

Chin up fellow Pats fans, in the meantime I'm gonna start this relaxing bye week by watching my SuperBowl XLIX Champions blu ray and get pumped for (hopefully) another long postseason run!:)

Absolutely. Truly heroic performance by Tom and Blount, among others, but ran out of gas in the playoffs.

This year we sucked down the stretch, but...we're getting some of our best players back! I like that better.

I don't think anyone other than the habitual chicken littles are saying the team is pathetic or doesn't care.
I also don't think 'we've won before so who cares about this year' is a reasonable approach.

The way I see it this is a very bad football team now, and we have a fan base trying to convince themselves they just look that way because for some reason they decided that winning doesn't matter. They also think that guys sitting on the sidelines for months will just walk on the field and make us the best team in the NFL.

If we could look like the best team in the NFL that easily yesterday would not have happen. We got DOMINATE by a terrible team with nothing to play for.

Its not good right now. I don't understand why we need to pretend it is. Doesn't mean they can't win out, just that they are very, very far away.
this totally. It feels like we are expecting magic. I think the smartest coach ever made a big mistake yesterday. Hell we played Gronk and Brady, the two that everyone always say we cant lose period. Brady did get a high ankle sprain, that's the bad kind. They should have played everybody yesterday including Edleman.

Absolutely. Truly heroic performance by Tom and Blount, among others, but ran out of gas in the playoffs.

This year we sucked down the stretch, but...we're getting some of our best players back! I like that better.
I can't bring myself to believe that with Brady and GRONK, with this AFC playoff field, they can't make something work.

I don't know. Why was that the gameplan if they wouldn't have used it if it was the AFCCG?
More extensive use, with much different play calls, of players who were sparsely played as they were nursing injuries. at least 'Dola, probably others, definitely would be different inactives so of course that would affect the game plan.

Duh.

Don't get so caught up in your own emotions that you stop thinking football.

I've seen worse from Brady and the Pats down there. LIke I said, I'm going to the playoff game and I'm gonna scream my melon sized head off, win or lose. Since when did being a fan mean you have to act like a spoiled little brat if your team doesn't win it all? There are fanbases that would collectively KILL their mothers to be in the Pats position

I am amazed that people can look at a game where our Hall of Fame, 2 time MVP, 3 time Super Bowl MVP-winning quarterback threw all of FIVE passes in the first half....and then turn around and say that they're worried that this is how the team will come out in the playoffs. Seriously? Unless Belichick decided to take up LSD or suddenly developed Alzheimer's, I'm going to assume that he knows what he's doing.

Our Hall of Fame, 2 time MVP, 3 time Super Bowl MVP-winning quarterback GOT HURT. Last time he hurt his ankle like this he threw 3 interceptions in an AFCCG and then lost in the Super Bowl.

Hello, McFly!? How is this not resonating with some people?

perhaps because these people are not perpetually negative and see doom and gloom in everything Pats related.

What I've learned over this second half of the season is that Edelman is our true MVP. With him back, this becomes a dangerous team again since he opens so many things up on the offensive side.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

I thought it would be a conservative game but I didn't think it would be like that. This year kind of reminds me of the 2013 season where the Pats also suffered alot of injuries but this year is even worse. The odds of a team repeating as SB champions is pretty low to begin with and with all the injuries it doesn't look good for us to repeat. Still if any team can defy the odds, it's the Pats. We have a chance to get some rest and treatment and hopefully get back some of our missing players. The team that we will play gets to have another week of wear and tear. We still don't know what Goodell and his cronies have in store should the Pats look like they might have a chance of repeating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back