PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just a few idle thoughts - a quick version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to throw the ball a few times to Sony. They see him back there and gear up for the run. Apparently he has worked on it, so... roll it out, Josh!

The only issue I have with last night's game is at the end, when the Pats should have been running the ball on most downs to run out the clock. They continued to throw it, particularly to Edelman, and Cannon got hurt and Brady got sacked. Unlike the Pittsburgh O, who raised the white flag when taking a figgie instead of going for it on 4th and 1 at the 1 in a game where they were down by 20, the Pittsburgh D kept playing, and seemed angry (I wonder why?) that the Pats kept throwing it and trying to score. I wish we had been a little more cautious/conservative with the play calling there as the game was already well in the bag.

Otherwise, WOW. The Patriots just SERVED the rest of the NFL with their plans for the year.

The thing that I liked most about Karras floated snaps was that Brady could get them. He didn’t gun it over Brady’s head or roll it along the turf. That makes a difference. We lost a little bit in the run game from gun because they were slow and a little high but we didn’t lose a possession.

If this is the kind of smart football choice we can expect from Karras going forward them I’m happy with that.

"Isaiah Wynn"
"I say, why not 16?"

(I mean other than bad luck to say it :D)

By the way, wait til we get our act cleaned up (following Brady's logic)

I read that Roberts got NO snaps in this game. It's now hard to see how he somehow gets more when KVN comes back.

When the game plan calls for it he will get his snaps. Especially against the run.

We played from ahead against the Steelers to the point where they weren't even using the run game anymore as they only had 13 run plays in the game (with 10 of them occurring in the first half).

Which is actually perfect because he will be used exactly to his strengths.

The thing that I liked most about Karras floated snaps was that Brady could get them. He didn’t gun it over Brady’s head or roll it along the turf. That makes a difference. We lost a little bit in the run game from gun because they were slow and a little high but we didn’t lose a possession.

If this is the kind of smart football choice we can expect from Karras going forward them I’m happy with that.

I absolutely am not happy with the floating snaps. Brady has made an art out of getting rid of the ball the fastest of just about any QB in the NFL. When we are talking about 2-3 seconds, losing between .5 to 1 second to a floating snap is an eternity.

Andrew's snaps, on the other hand are precise and very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back